[Not quite 3.7] A Simple Cleaver (Beginner friendly, SSF-viable, Much Explanation)

"
gravela8b wrote:
Hey, just wanna let you know your build looks great! I'm going to be using it for this league. I have one question though. Which currencies should I be using and not using throughout the acts and out? Sorry if it's too specific.

For leveling, I'd advise you to save your alchemy orbs and chaos orbs
If you ever find an exalted orb keep it, it's really rare and worth quite a lot.

Use your essences, you won't need them the higher level you are.

The rest you can use however you want, just keep in mind using currency is pure random, so you have a high chance of not getting anything worthwile.
E.g. using Jeweller Orbs to increase the amount of sockets an item has to end up with an item that has fewer sockets than before.
So you should prepare at least a few of those before using them.
The same for Alteration orbs, chromatic orbs and orbs of fusing.
Hi, I'm using your build as my first character this season, and I'm liking it so far. I'm pretty much a newbie to POE so I have two questions.

1. After freeing Navali I can go for prophecies, any recommendations or do prophecies have nothing to do with leveling your character?

2. Is the build still the same in 3.6? Any changes I have to keep an eye out for?

Thanks for your time and sharing this build (:
"
S0h0punk wrote:
Hi, I'm using your build as my first character this season, and I'm liking it so far. I'm pretty much a newbie to POE so I have two questions.

1. After freeing Navali I can go for prophecies, any recommendations or do prophecies have nothing to do with leveling your character?

2. Is the build still the same in 3.6? Any changes I have to keep an eye out for?

Thanks for your time and sharing this build (:

You can do prophecies if you want, they are just little mini-quests that may or may not happen. Also they are totally random, so you can't even get a specific one.

The build has not changed since 3.0 and it still is going strong at the moment. :)
Hello, which jewell do you use besides overwhelming odds?
"
Jakatoxic wrote:
Hello, which jewell do you use besides overwhelming odds?

Whatever fits me best.
Maximum Life, Physical Damage, Attack Speed, Block Chance while Dual Wielding or Resistances I'd say are good things to get on jewels.
Do you have any videos with this build?
"
gravela8b wrote:
Do you have any videos with this build?

Unfortunately I don't have any videos to show
Hi there, Scythless!

Been reading through your guide and it sure has helped a beginner like me. Started just a week ago.
I'm trying to figure where to put the Overwhelming Odds jewel at. I haven't really got how it works yet. Can you help me with the placement?
"
RokyBanana wrote:
Hi there, Scythless!

Been reading through your guide and it sure has helped a beginner like me. Started just a week ago.
I'm trying to figure where to put the Overwhelming Odds jewel at. I haven't really got how it works yet. Can you help me with the placement?

Good to hear, that this guide is well liked by new players :)

TLDR:
Overwhelming Odds can go to the bottom of the duelist, at the left side, below Berserking or further top where the resistances are in the middle of the tree.

Explanation:
When you read the jewel, it says that you need 40 Strength in Radius. If you put the jewel into any socket, you will see a circle around it. That's the radius of the jewel, which is considered for the effect.
In this circle, there need to be points that in total have a sum of 40 or higher, so for example 4 small nodes that give 10 points each.
As for the sockets: the bottom one should be rather obvious. There is a lot of strength there which is probably easy to figure out.
The one by Berserking: There is a total of 40 points just going past the socket that is in radius, so that's enough. There is also another node at the marauder start, so it's a total of 50 Strength in Radius
Top one: The top one is the one that's the least obvious. You get 10 Strength from the Path, so where are the other 30 points? For one: Path of the Warrior gives 20 strength, taking you to a total of 30. still missing 10 points.
These are hidden at the Scion start nodes, the life one and the melee damage one, as each of those has 5 strength. So you have the 40 points you actually need.
On a side note: The middle sockets are all capable of supporting 2 Threshold Jewels, e.g. the bottom one supports 40 Dex and 40 Strength. The left one supports 40 Strength and 40 Intelligence. The right one supports 40 Dexterity and 40 Intelligence.
Thanks a bunch man! Didn't expect that level of detail :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info