[Not quite 3.7] A Simple Cleaver (Beginner friendly, SSF-viable, Much Explanation)

"
louiress wrote:
Dude...what about Bosses? Cleave is great AoE but in single target it suck balls ;/

I didn't have problems with bosses with cleave.
They don't die instantly, but they don't take forever either.
If they take too long for you, you should try to find better weapons and increase the links for Cleave.

Are you using the "Support Skill", like Blood Rage and Ancestral Protector?
You can also switch defensive Auras Mana-Reservation for offensive Mana-Reservation.
Like Herald of Purity and Zealotry, which should increase your damage somewhat.
Thanks! And...Ascendency is still valid? I see little difference on nodes now :]
"
louiress wrote:
Thanks! And...Ascendency is still valid? I see little difference on nodes now :]

"Blood in the Eyes" and "Gratuitous Violence" have switched places at some point.

Blood in the eyes has changed a bit. A little bit less defense (no reduced damage taken, instead you can blind) but it gives you a bit of damage because of Maim.

It's not a big change and the build is not dependent on it, so it should not change much.
Hello , i'm a beginner at POE and your build is quite some really cool to play for beginner but i would like to know when we have some currency what we can buy to upgrade our stuff? Ichimonji ? or somethings else?

thanks a lot for u build !
"
Mscyril21 wrote:
Hello , i'm a beginner at POE and your build is quite some really cool to play for beginner but i would like to know when we have some currency what we can buy to upgrade our stuff? Ichimonji ? or somethings else?

Scaeva is actually a really good weapon, dual wielding it does also give you a nice defensive bonus.
They aren't expensive and they can last you a long time.

If you do have money to burn though, you should try first for a 6-linked body armour with life and resistances.

Keep in mind, you need 135% in every resistance to be fully capped. If you want to be capped even under "stress", you need 169% (In high level maps there is the option to be permanently cursed with Elemental Weakness, which reduces your resistances by up to 34%)

The more life you can have on a piece of equipment, the better it is.
On gloves you can get attack speed and physical damage, you can get that on rings and amulets also. Belts are typically a slot where you can get a lot of resistances and life for cheap. If you want to burn more money on it, try to take a stygian vise belt and find a nice jewel (abyssal) to socket in it.
Life, Physical Damage, Attack Speed, Strength and/or Utility you might enjoy.

So... basically, Life and Strength everywhere, enough resistances to be fully capped and if you can find/afford it, attack speed and physical damage on the rest.

If you are determined to get a better weapon though, Scaeva can get to about 300 physical DPS (pDPS), but it gives a lot of critical strike chance, so for a 300 pDPS Scaeva you'd need about 340 pDPS to compensate in your main hand.
(assuming you're using a max roll Scaeva).

That would be the basic stuff you can cover.

For even more things that could work, you'd have to look at crafting (Essences, Fossils, Crafting Bench, Synthesising, Elder- and Shaper-Items)

But basically, what you want is more life, more resistances, more attack speed, more damage.
Oh, and on a side note: Chaos Resistance is not strictly necessary to keep as high as possible, having at least some is always good.
Hello, i've been playing with this build and it's very effective, but i feel like soon, it might be a bit hard to survive with this equipment (i'm lvl 73). Could you please add a "theoretical best gear" section? Even if it is expensive stuff. I would be really grateful if you did that man. :)
"
Hello, i've been playing with this build and it's very effective, but i feel like soon, it might be a bit hard to survive with this equipment (i'm lvl 73). Could you please add a "theoretical best gear" section? Even if it is expensive stuff. I would be really grateful if you did that man. :)

Ok, ok...
You've asked for the "theoretical best gear", so I've added a section explicitly for that (7.6). Keep in mind, it's equipment you will never see (and probably no one ever will) but for those reaching for the stars, more power to you.
(Also keep in mind, I never actually care about best gear, so I may not know all the things there are to optimal gear in the game and I likely have missed something that would be even more extreme and even more expensive than what I slapped together.)
"
Scythless wrote:
"
Mscyril21 wrote:

Scaeva is actually a really good weapon, dual wielding it does also give you a nice defensive bonus.
They aren't expensive and they can last you a long time.

If you do have money to burn though, you should try first for a 6-linked body armour with life and resistances.

Keep in mind, you need 135% in every resistance to be fully capped. If you want to be capped even under "stress", you need 169% (In high level maps there is the option to be permanently cursed with Elemental Weakness, which reduces your resistances by up to 34%)

The more life you can have on a piece of equipment, the better it is.
On gloves you can get attack speed and physical damage, you can get that on rings and amulets also. Belts are typically a slot where you can get a lot of resistances and life for cheap. If you want to burn more money on it, try to take a stygian vise belt and find a nice jewel (abyssal) to socket in it.
Life, Physical Damage, Attack Speed, Strength and/or Utility you might enjoy.

So... basically, Life and Strength everywhere, enough resistances to be fully capped and if you can find/afford it, attack speed and physical damage on the rest.

If you are determined to get a better weapon though, Scaeva can get to about 300 physical DPS (pDPS), but it gives a lot of critical strike chance, so for a 300 pDPS Scaeva you'd need about 340 pDPS to compensate in your main hand.
(assuming you're using a max roll Scaeva).

That would be the basic stuff you can cover.

For even more things that could work, you'd have to look at crafting (Essences, Fossils, Crafting Bench, Synthesising, Elder- and Shaper-Items)

But basically, what you want is more life, more resistances, more attack speed, more damage.
Oh, and on a side note: Chaos Resistance is not strictly necessary to keep as high as possible, having at least some is always good.

Ok Thanks for your answer !

BTW : will you explain another build like this in a future ? like necromancer or somethings like that ?
Last edited by Mscyril21 on Mar 26, 2019, 11:53:20 AM
"
Mscyril21 wrote:
Ok Thanks for your answer !

BTW : will you explain another build like this in a future ? like necromancer or somethings like that ?

I might or might not make another build in the future.
But I have not found the allure of a pure summoner yet.
I have tried Zombies and Spectres somewhat leisurely, have not yet tried Skeletons and don't think much about Raging Spirits.

But that said I do enjoy Dominating Blow, which is a mixture of Summoner and Melee.
Basically: "You are right in the thick of it and everything goes crazy"
Unlike the normal Summoner playstyle: "You stand around and wait until everything's dead"
"
Scythless wrote:
"

Ok, ok...
You've asked for the "theoretical best gear", so I've added a section explicitly for that (7.6). Keep in mind, it's equipment you will never see (and probably no one ever will) but for those reaching for the stars, more power to you.
(Also keep in mind, I never actually care about best gear, so I may not know all the things there are to optimal gear in the game and I likely have missed something that would be even more extreme and even more expensive than what I slapped together.)

Thank you for replying, it's a great help! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info