[3.0 HC/SC] The ORIGINAL Hybrid HoWA ST Raider [ALL CONTENT] [2:45 Shaper Run][Vids Included]

"
lordmatrix3 wrote:
amazing build , and a really great job . i am kinda bored with everyone playing berserker DP . amaing and perfect items , would be hard to get them i guess :D wish u the best and keep up the good work

Thanks! Ya it took quite alot of effort on my part to assemble the gear for my character haha

"
Hey its me again. I just wanted to ask if i should use orb of regrets and remove some of the points in the tree for me to be able to get elemental overload. The reason being you said that my damage will become way higher if when i get that skill. Or should i just continue leveling up? Only problem is that it looks like it will take a while, if you look at my skill tree.

Hey! its going to be a balance between time and currency.

If you feel your clear speed is slow and its hampering the speed at which you're leveling, AND you have currency to burn, my advice would be to respec points to grab Elemental Overload. If your clear speed is still fine and you're leveling at a satisfactory pace, AND wish to save currency, you can just continue leveling up as per normal. You can also opt for an in-between and respec a few points AND continue leveling.

"
Vyvanne wrote:
After a few leveling mishaps of dying stupidly, happy to report this has been a blast. Easily breeze through content without any issues.

Gear-
Spoiler

Final tree-
www.poeurl.com/bzbZ

Currently lvl 84 HHC, 4.8k life and 2.2k ES with 21k GMP dps in hideout. Endgame tree by lvl 95 should have 217% life assuming 7% life jewels in each slot. Probably 6kish life + MoM +ES buff? Awesome!

Links and tree are slightly changed due to personal preference/playing in HC. Basically dropped Primeval Force to take more life, starting nodes are life. Added Blind to Ancestral Protector to ensure it's always up, add Enduring Cry for extra mitigation/longer IC when it goes off. Might put something else instead of Vaal Lit Trap, Vinktars makes it sort of redundant.

Despite Wise Oak, I try to have my resists as overcapped for ele weakness with just gear alone to ensure there's no period where I'm not capped without endurance charges/wise oak. I'm about 10 off on cold res, but gotta make do with what I can find gear-wise, since there is precious little out there. Annoyingly most of the jewelry I'm finding have fire res and I already have three pieces of gear with FR.

Hey Vyvanne! I know about your few mishaps, I've actually been taking sneak peeks at your progress haha!

Yup I reckoned you'd definitely prefer to have more HP in HC. That is still pretty decent DPS nonethless! On top of your adaptations, you may also want to try adding in Vaal Grace in place of Vaal Lightning Trap for extra mitigation.

Resistances are definitely one of the headaches to worry about. If you wish to be more tanky, you can always try using a shield for extra HP, ES and Res. Granted, your DPS will drop, but that might be a worthy trade off in HC. Tree-wise there will not be any significant difference. If you opt for a shield, look for something similar to:

"
Harpoontang wrote:
So I played your amazing Frost Blades build last season, and I actually played HoWA in the 2 week race, and I was like... there has got to be a way to use Shaper's Touch with HoWA... stacking all that int/dex is too good to waste.

Luckily, you did all the work for me.

I do have a couple questions though amigo.

Gloves- does the Empower affect both the Wrath and the Herald? Is the Enlighten even necessary? I found mana to not really be an issue with previous Spectral Throw builds. Unless the Enlighten is there for a MoM variant? Maybe there is nothing better to put there?

Boots- this is a steaming hot pile of confusion for me. Respect, though, for having every Vortex-related skill in the game in 1 4-link :P

What's the point of this setup? I ended up removing the vortex cwdt from your Frost Blades build because it positioned the enemies super awkwardly and made them actually harder to kill. Cwdt BV is cute, but mostly works for melee builds, and we aren't trying to be melee, or are we (maybe I need to reread the Point Blank section)? Surely a Lightning Golem would fit into a cwdt setup better than 1 or more of these gems? How good is Blind?

Keep up the great builds.

Ask away!

Gloves - Yes, empower affects both the wrath and the herald. Enlighten is to ensure that you have a decent enough amount of unreserved mana pool left for spamming ST projectiles (you will not be able to leech mana during the time it takes for the projectiles to hit the enemy, and it can get quite frustrating). For instance, with Empower, Enlighten, Wrath and HoT, I have 338 unreserved mana. Without Enlighten, I only have 131 (only enough for 2-3 uses of ST). Enlighten is not necessary if you don't use Empower. With just Wrath and HoT alone (no Empower or Enlighten), I have 470 unreserved mana.

Boots - the CWDT vortex and blade vortex is primarily defensive --> its only for bosses that get up in your face, like minotaur for instance. You don't need to feel pressured to trigger it by going melee range with enemy monsters. Its there as a backup option when monsters go melee with you. I actually have a lightning golem CWDT setup in my weapon haha.

Blind is awesome! an extra 50% to avoid getting hit adds a huge amount to your defensibility. It also allows your ES more time to recharge (when monsters miss you and thus avoid damaging you), thus increasing your damage buffer.

Feel free to change the gem setups as per your preference. Truth be told, I only put in the CWDT-BV-Vortex-Blind setion just for fun because I had too many jewel sockets left and didn't really know what else to put in, seeing as I already had curse on hit on my gloves.

Thanks boss! :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Sick shaper run time. I'm amazed what 750k pob ST DPS can do vs idle targets.

How much would you say everything costed total with your current setup? Especially those insane quad affix jewels.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Why in the new video You are using Charged Dash over Flame Dash? Is there any particular reason?
"
Invalesco wrote:
Hey Vyvanne! I know about your few mishaps, I've actually been taking sneak peeks at your progress haha!

Yup I reckoned you'd definitely prefer to have more HP in HC. That is still pretty decent DPS nonethless! On top of your adaptations, you may also want to try adding in Vaal Grace in place of Vaal Lightning Trap for extra mitigation.

Resistances are definitely one of the headaches to worry about. If you wish to be more tanky, you can always try using a shield for extra HP, ES and Res. Granted, your DPS will drop, but that might be a worthy trade off in HC. Tree-wise there will not be any significant difference. If you opt for a shield, look for something similar to:

Haha yeahhh, died twice while leveling. Two crashes = two rips. Still fiddling with settings for the new pc, but I think I have it ok now.

I considered using a shield. Might buy a cheap budget one to see how much dps I would lose, but with the final tree I think dual wield should be fine. More dps does also mean less damage taken since stuff dies faster, of course.

Trying to look for jewelry upgrades. Buying Essence of Spites whenever they pop up and crafting an opal ring, so we'll see how that goes.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
Why did you use MoM?
"
Nephalim wrote:
Sick shaper run time. I'm amazed what 750k pob ST DPS can do vs idle targets.

How much would you say everything costed total with your current setup? Especially those insane quad affix jewels.

Thanks! Although tbh alot of that is down to RNG. Once you have enough Shaper DPS, its pretty much only possible to do a sub 3 min run if you get triple laser phases on shaper and avoid mini bosses like dominus and daresso. Its fortunate that most tough bosses tend to be rather stationary/idle. Probably the only exceptions are phoenix and uber trio, which I tend to use GMP on anyway because of phoenix's adds/trio's high burst damage.

The prices at which I bought my gear are:

• 2 x Perfect HoWAs - 40c each
• 11/11/28 Culling Strike HoWA - 150c
• Helm - 100c
• Chest - 8 ex (not including 6L-ing)
• Boots - 80c
• Corrupted Gloves - 150c
• Amulet - 140c
• Ruby Ring - 160c
• Opal Ring - 14 ex
• Perfectly rolled Soul Tether - 6c

Jewels (cost more than the rest of my gear in terms of currency and effort, probably)
• Emperor's Mastery (not BIS, but nice for the synergy) - cost 400c at the time. Looks like its 15 ex now on poe trade.. that's grossly overpriced, please don't buy it at that price.
• Behemoth Sliver - bought as a 3 mod for 20c, exalted proj damage
• Gale Bliss - bought when low-rolled for 60c, divined up
• Oblivion Scar - bought as a 3 mod for 30c, exalted proj damage
• Fulgent Bloom - 2 ex
• Perfect Fertile Mind - 2c
• Bramble Vessel - 50c
• Brood Bite - bought when low-rolled for 80c, divined up
several other failed exalts on 3 mod jewels

Disclaimer: aside from the opal ring which was bought last week, the rest of my gear were purchased before the exalt spike from 1:33c to 1:65c, so I avoided the huge inflation that came along with it.

"
rufen wrote:
Why in the new video You are using Charged Dash over Flame Dash? Is there any particular reason?

Flame Dash has a maximum distance which I find incredibly frustrating at times. Hence the swap to charged dash.

"
Vyvanne wrote:

Haha yeahhh, died twice while leveling. Two crashes = two rips. Still fiddling with settings for the new pc, but I think I have it ok now.

I considered using a shield. Might buy a cheap budget one to see how much dps I would lose, but with the final tree I think dual wield should be fine. More dps does also mean less damage taken since stuff dies faster, of course.

Trying to look for jewelry upgrades. Buying Essence of Spites whenever they pop up and crafting an opal ring, so we'll see how that goes.

Ouch, yeah crashes suck.

True that, good luck with the jewellery crafting!

"
230399 wrote:
Why did you use MoM?

MoM is essentially free eHP if you don't intend to max out DPS as much as possible. When I was still leveling and trying to optimise the character, I didn't have enough high +life gear to feel safe enough in maps, nor did I have a level 4 empower to make HoT's bonus damage significant enough, hence the reason for MoM.
Build of the Week 14
Having never done shaper, what is a ballpark dps number you feel would be good to try him with? I know my biggest upgrades would be better jewelry and jewels. Next up is getting the boot enchant for lightning damage while not killed recently, and finish leveling all my gems. Got six STs leveling on weapon switch so hopefully I can get a 21/20 ST.

Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"
Vyvanne wrote:
Having never done shaper, what is a ballpark dps number you feel would be good to try him with? I know my biggest upgrades would be better jewelry and jewels. Next up is getting the boot enchant for lightning damage while not killed recently, and finish leveling all my gems. Got six STs leveling on weapon switch so hopefully I can get a 21/20 ST.

I had about 72k hideout DPS (wrath and golem, slower projs) on my initial attempt vs Shaper: https://youtu.be/i15W_ZBfRsU

There were about 4 vortexes on the ground after the 3rd phase of the fight. Shaper is more about practice and knowing the mechanics of the fight than anything else. Just make sure you have enough DPS to avoid having too many vortexes spawning on the ground.

I'm surprised you haven't slotted in a fertile mind in the jewel socket east of ranger yet. Doing that will probably increase your hideout DPS to 43k or so. Being able to get the lightning damage enchantment will further increase it to 49k. I would probably recommend getting a hideout DPS of about 54k.

If you have a character in standard, it might be worth practising on Shaper in there to get a feel for the fight.

Just some things to note about Shaper:

1. Try to dodge his golden balls, they can do quite substantial damage.
2. When he disappears for his slam, don't whirl away immediately. Give it a slight delay (0.3-0.5s) before whirling away. If you whirl away immediately, he'll just come up in your new spot before you have a chance to whirl away again. If you give it a slight delay before whirling, he'll come up in the spot you were at before whirling away.
3. Don't tank the beam with MoM. Your HP pool will be sustained but your mana pool won't, so you may run out of mana before your realise whats happening, not be able to use ST, and your HP pool will also then drain away.
Build of the Week 14
I completely forgot about Fertile Mind. Slotted that in, and you're correct, right about 42k dps w/ slower proj at the moment.

Hmm, finding more damage is going to be fairly tough. I did just do all of the Guardians without much issue, which is nice. Chimera is probably the scariest, chaos damage snakes and high phys damage can hurt, but did it without too many issues.

Guess I'll try to farm t16 maps, try to grind out some more levels. Debating possibly dropping Written in Blood and going down to Primeval Force, like in your original build.
I fapped to this build
Praise Bisco the Doge <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info