[3.0 HC/SC] The ORIGINAL Hybrid HoWA ST Raider [ALL CONTENT] [2:45 Shaper Run][Vids Included]

"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Great guide as always, how is the dmg compared to the old HoWA?
I mean what is ur GMP tooltip in HO with just simple buffs?

Thanks! Damage is definitely less than the old HoWA.

Back then my godly geared ST Crit char was pushing 700k fully buffed effective dps versus shaper. This current variant will probably be pushing 600k unless I manage to get much better gear.

Hideout DPS right now with just wrath and a lightning golem is around 54k DPS.

54k its still pretty nice, had around 45k in turmoil race on my non crit HoWA and everything was a breeze
"
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Great guide as always, how is the dmg compared to the old HoWA?
I mean what is ur GMP tooltip in HO with just simple buffs?

Thanks! Damage is definitely less than the old HoWA.

Back then my godly geared ST Crit char was pushing 700k fully buffed effective dps versus shaper. This current variant will probably be pushing 600k unless I manage to get much better gear.

Hideout DPS right now with just wrath and a lightning golem is around 54k DPS.

54k its still pretty nice, had around 45k in turmoil race on my non crit HoWA and everything was a breeze

Yup everything's melting thus far! HoWA is a joy to play
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
The added lightning give us more damage than the lightning penetration in path of building. Why you choosed lightning pen ? :D
"
kelvins4s wrote:
The added lightning give us more damage than the lightning penetration in path of building. Why you choosed lightning pen ? :D

If added lightning gives us more damage, its likely only marginal compared to lightning pen. lightning pen still wins out overall in general mapping versus bosses (who have elemental resistance) as well as in maps with +elemental resistance mods (which are quite prevalent).
Build of the Week 14
I want to play some type of non crit ST build but do you think this is viable in HC? I'd rather only go HP/MOM but how do you feel about this build in HC?
Hey, I've been theorycrafting something similar and wouldn't it be better to run Wrath+Herald+Enlighten+Discipline, rather than an Empower in there? The Discipline places the build at 5,5k HP and 4,1k shield in PoB which is great. Either taking the 3 points into reserved mana nodes or grabbing an Essence Worm would allow this, thoughts?
"
iPulsar wrote:
I want to play some type of non crit ST build but do you think this is viable in HC? I'd rather only go HP/MOM but how do you feel about this build in HC?

Hey, this build is definitely viable in HC. HP/ES/MoM would be the way to go as that variant would have the highest eHP.

"
Konatitan wrote:
Hey, I've been theorycrafting something similar and wouldn't it be better to run Wrath+Herald+Enlighten+Discipline, rather than an Empower in there? The Discipline places the build at 5,5k HP and 4,1k shield in PoB which is great. Either taking the 3 points into reserved mana nodes or grabbing an Essence Worm would allow this, thoughts?

Hey, that is a good suggestion. However, my ES pool is constantly in flux and i'm loathe to invest too much into the ES pool.

Personally, I feel that its an all or nothing decision:

Either go full DPS and run HoT + Wrath with Empower and Enlighten (although having said that, I feel that empower only provides a minor DPS boost and I am actually keen to just stick to Wrath + HoT + Enlighten as having 600 unreserved mana gives me much more leeway in spamming ST (and thus improves QOL alot).

OR

Get more survivability by dropping HoT, run HoT + Enlighten and get MoM. True, you will lose some DPS (approximately 8-10% from the loss of HoT), but having 2k unreserved mana adds a hell lot of eHP as compared to an extra 800-900 to a fluctuating ES pool (when you run discipline).
Build of the Week 14
Hi, how nice that you came back with this build, now I have a doubt that, you think of wearing an armor that does not give ES like this

:D
"
Worfang wrote:
Hi, how nice that you came back with this build, now I have a doubt that, you think of wearing an armor that does not give ES like this

:D

You can wear an evasion chest that does not give ES, but only if it has INT on it, and only if you're aiming to use Headhunter.

That chest you linked is not good as chaos damage bypasses energy shield and you'll take damage straight to your energy shield.

On another note: guide has finally been fully fleshed out.
Build of the Week 14
Would you still recommend dual wielding over 1h and shield in hardcore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info