[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Last update : 2019-06-09 -

Ice Crash is no longer the best option, switching to cyclone !

New build link : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524361

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This build can do any boss in any map, here is how I handle main bosses :
- Normal atziri : Facetank, don't even move out of the AOEs. Remove your Reckoning, or you could OS yourself on the Reflect Atziri when she splits
- Normal atziri trio : Use rumi, facetank and remove bleed stacks if any.
- Uber atziri : Split phase is a bit hard, the repeated spears can kill us on a bad combo (3 hits non blocked for example). Remove your Reckoning, or you could OS yourself on the Reflect Atziri when she splits
- Uber atziri trio : Kill the titty girl first, be careful with her projectile rain. When she is dead, facetank the other two.
- Shaper : Always stick on sides of the arena, never on the center. Shield charge into the volatile vortexs to stack them, and everything should be okay.
- Guardians : Nothing special, facetank them, just avoid Hydra's loaded bow shoot and phoenix one shot AOE
- Uber Izaro : Facetank him, even his slams

On all these bosses, be sure to maintain 6 endurance charges + Fortify ALL THE TIME.

Stats :
- Around 6300 Life
- 8k5 armor
- 53% block / 53% spell block (75/75 in fight & with rumi)
- 358k dps with blood rage only
- 497k with Blood rage + frenzy charges
- 394k on shaper (with blood rage, frenzy charges and after a block)

Path of building link :

Farming :
- Use bloodrage only once, on the first pack
- Use enduring cry only once, on the first pack, to get some charges
- Shield charge into pack
- You will get free Endurance charges when you block thanks to the shaper mod Gain an endurance, frenzy or power charge when you block
- Ice crash
- Repeat

Bosses :
- Refresh bloodrage manually when down if no mobs to kill nearby (or not, but you lose some DPS)
- Refresh enduring charges manually if the boss is not hitting you enough to maintain it
- Refresh fortify with Shield charge
- Use consecrated path if you need extra regen
- Ice crash
- Repeat

Pros :
- Can be viable really fast with cheap items
- 75% block & Spell block with Rumi's concotion while in fight (50/50 in hideout)
- High regen (Mainly 830+ HP / sec, up to 1100+ with glove lab enchant)
- High physical mitigation (4% from node "Soul of Steel" + Arctic armor + 5/6 Enduring charges + 10% reduced from "Outmatch and outlast" in Ascendancy + Pantheon nodes while stationary)
- Can facetank almost everything
- Can do almost every map mod (Except elemental reflects)
- Can AFK in maps without problems (still, don't AFK in front of a boss :D)
- Can do Hall of Grandmaster (well, theres one guy I still can't kill, but 100% of the time I get 3 chests, and 25% of the time this guy doesnt show up so I can clear it)
- Can apply a 20% shock on a block for 4 seconds, works on bosses !

Cons :
- Clear speed is not really good compared to fast builds, but it's okay
- Can't do elemental reflects
- Abyssus (negative effect countered well with all the physical mitigation + block)

Key items :
Spoiler

Final gear :
Spoiler
- Your main stat for DPS will be the flat physical damage on rings & amulet
- Considering you always have 5/6 endurance charges, you only need 85/89% resistances to reach the overcap
- The Word of Light enchant on the facebreakers is really important, since it gives 6% life regen when you take a critical. You can farm it in normal lab, since the regen value is the same for every lab level
- The 2% regen when hit enchant on boots is important. Uber lab only since the value decreases on lower lab versions.
- The +1 Endurance Charge Meginord's Girdle is important, but a good stygian vise can be used for more dps and life
- Some uniques flasks could be used here, but I'm not a fan of offensive flasks. Feel free to use your own flasks setup :)

Alternate belt :

- Meginord is better for physical mitigation thanks to the +1 charge you can get on it, but worse for HP & DPS

- I switch my amethyst flask with a basalt when doing Uber Atziri & its trio :

Passive tree, Ascendancy, Bandits, Pantheon :
Spoiler
- While leveling, get these nodes as fast as you can, in this order : Vitality Void > Iron Reflexes > Unwavering Stance > Resolute Technique. The rest is up to you, go for more DPS or more life depending on what you need the most.

- Ascendancy order : Painforged > Versatile Combatant > Outmatch and Outlast > Violent retaliation

- 26 points tree suggestion :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.4.1/AAAABAQCAAUtFewhYCmlL8xAoEd-YuxlTW8ndO108XrvhNmE749gmSuaapsttoq5Hb02vYG-p8GCypDawQ==

- 44 points tree suggestion :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.4.1/AAAABAQCAAHcBS0UcRXsIWAppS_MQKBHflW1YuxlTW8ndO108XfjeWh673zZggeE2YTvj2CZK5pqmy2ezZ_LpzCpbraKuR29Nr2BvqfBBMGCypDSIdl82sHqGPJB9zL46w==

- 64 points tree suggestion :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.4.1/AAAABAQCAAHcBIcFLQz3FCAUcRXsGj4hYCmlL8wyTkCgRJ5HflBHU7tfP2LsZU1vJ3TtdPF2rHfjeTl5aHrvfNl-4oIHhNmE749gj5mZK5pqmy2ezZ_LpzCpbqmVrK-2irkdvTa9gb6nwL_BBMGCypDPftIh2XzaweRR6dXqGO8O8i_yQfcy-Os=

- Bandits : Help Oak

- Pantheon :
For mapping, take Soul of Solaris & Soul of Tukohama
For Uber Atziri, take Soul of Solaris & Soul of Gruthkul
For Shaper, take Soul of Arakaali & Soul of Ryslatha

- Final tree :
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcAecEhwSzBS0GiwomDPcOQxLhFCAUTRRxFewYkRo4Gj4b-iDjIWAl3ycvKaUshS_MMPgyCTJONZI62DwFQKBGt0d-TeNQR1nzWfxaGl8_X9pi7GVNaGVo8mxGbydvO3Jscql07XTxdqx343fleA15OXloeu982X7iggeCm4TZhO-PYI-ZkFWRzpL3mSuaapstns2fy6IAouqkGaZXpzCpbqmVrKqsr7Xytoq5HbvtvJ-9Nr2BvqfAGsBmwL_BBMGCxqrKkM1fz37SIdNv2L3ZfNo_2sHkUeRV6dXqGO8O73zwH_JB8933MvgC-Ov8S_4K_o8=?accountName=mayo&characterName=MayoRondDeGlaceFroide

Jewels :
Spoiler
Stat priorities :
- % Max Life
- % Chaos resistance
- % attack speed
- % damage
- % elemental resistance to reach the overcap

Gems :
Spoiler

Chest :
Spoiler

- Switch Elemental damage with attacks with Blood Magic for No leech maps

Ice crash
Melee physical damage
Elemental damage with attacks
Concentrated effect
Elemental focus
Cold penetration

Boots:
Spoiler

- Remove Reckoning on Physical reflects maps

Reckoning
Melee physical damage
Enduring Cry
Consecrated Path

Gloves :
Spoiler

Cast when damage taken
Summon stone golem
Summon Holy Relic
Blood rage

Helmet:
Spoiler
Shield charge
Fortify
Blood magic
Faster attacks

Shield :
Spoiler

Arctic Armor
Herald of Purity
Hatred

Weapon set n°2
Spoiler
- I always have those gems on me, to switch easily depepnding on what I'm doing

Block chances reduction
Blood Magic
Enfeeble

Videos :

Leveling :

Level 1 - 10
Spoiler
- Use Ground slam + Ruthless + Maim

Level 10 - 18
Spoiler

Level 18 - 28
Spoiler
- Start using Facebreaker gloves + any shield, and get a 4 link Shield Charge + Melee Physical + Added Fire + Faster attacks until you get ice crash

Level 28+
Spoiler
- You can start using Ice crash, see the gems links above. You can use the following uniques to improve your DPS
- Try to get rings & amulet with flat physical damage and high resists. Forget about life for now, such rings are really expensives, they are more affordable without life on it.
Last edited by mayo on Jul 1, 2019, 6:25:36 PM
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2019, 6:26:24 PM
I want to play a Gladi as my next char. Due to the fact that I like these tanky builds I think I'll give it a try!

Looking forward for some kill videos, especially Uber Atziri :) Did you managed to kill guardian on rare/corrupted maps ?
Last edited by coryu on Aug 28, 2017, 7:10:37 PM
"
coryu wrote:
I want to play a Gladi as my next char. Due to the fact that I like these tanky builds I think I'll give it a try!

Looking forward for some kill videos, especially Uber Atziri :) Did you managed to kill guardian on rare/corrupted maps ?

Yep, I did got them on corrupted Maps :)

The hardest one is Chimera, the snakes are hitting pretty hard. Minotaur can be a bit hard too with hard mods, but the two others can be done with most of the mods.

I'll try to post some vids this week when I get the chance !
Last edited by mayo on Aug 28, 2017, 8:14:48 PM
Ascendancy order?
"
RainbowDashu wrote:
Ascendancy order?

Oups, forgot to detail this. I went for the spell block first, since it makes you really tanky for the leveling, then the charges and physical damage reduction, and then the additionnal damage, so :

Painforged > Versatile COmbatant > Outmatch and Outlast > Violent retaliation
Hey there, what LVL do you recommend for the CwDT setup and how did "Heal" ? I tried it on my Standard Char on a Corrupted Rare T12 Shipyard Map and due to the low regen and slow attack speed it feels like I can only heal "good" with the help of pots.
Last edited by coryu on Aug 29, 2017, 1:57:01 PM
"
coryu wrote:
Hey there, what LVL do you recommend for the CwDT setup and how did "Heal" ? I tried it on my Standard Char on a Corrupted Rare T12 Shipyard Map and due to the low regen and slow attack speed it feels like I can only heal "good" with the help of pots.

To be honest, i didn't make any calculation about it, I leveled it to 52 (1100 damage trigger) but I think you can level it more, and have a trigger to 2000-2500 damage. The thing is it HAS TO trigger a lot on bosses, so you should adjust it to have the curse up 100% of the time on the boss.

About the "Heal", as I said, I really don't depend on flasks. With block I don't take much hits, and you still have a good leech : 1.6% from ALL damage + 1.2% from physical (Blood rage). Since your Reckoning hits hard (10k+ phys damage hit in AOE) + your Ice crash hits hard too, you got enough sustain from your hits themselves. On that you add your life regen (as I said, around 700 life / sec in fight most of the time, and 1000+ when you take a crit thanks to glove enchant).

I just made a video on Minotaur, with enfeeble and without reckoning, i'll upload it soon :)
Last edited by mayo on Aug 29, 2017, 4:10:42 PM
How would u say, viable on HC with all the bosses? Or some of bosses from the list aren't "easy" to takedown on HC?
PM ME on forums if i win ;)
Thanks for the reply man. So I'm lvling this guy right now :)

A suggestions (which will be especially good for newer player and our xbox plebs out there :D):
Add some lvl trees for e.g. LVL 25, 50, 75 and 100.

Many of us will know which nodes are important, but many won't.

Looking forward to see your vid :)
"
coryu wrote:
Thanks for the reply man. So I'm lvling this guy right now :)

A suggestions (which will be especially good for newer player and our xbox plebs out there :D):
Add some lvl trees for e.g. LVL 25, 50, 75 and 100.

Many of us will know which nodes are important, but many won't.

Looking forward to see your vid :)

Yep, thanks for the feedback, I added some informations on the passive tree spoiler :)

"
se7enek wrote:
How would u say, viable on HC with all the bosses? Or some of bosses from the list aren't "easy" to takedown on HC?

I'd say Uber Atziri is a bit harsh, I wouldn't try her as it is in HC, I died like 3 times on her from 3 consecutives non blocked hits. I think she is easy without abyssus, maybe replacing abyssus with a deidbellow would make her easy (big dps loss but 40 less physical damage taken), I'll try someday :)
Otherwise, no boss is hard to do, it depends on the mods. Avoid the Reduced block chance + Reduced armor mod, and the Vulnerability curse one, and you shouldn't die !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info