[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

Hi, want to ask, wanders are any good as league starters?
I've not got this build in Path Builder or whatever but towards end game can anyone shed light on how much flat lightning damage helps/scales compared to other damage modifiers.

I'm trying to weight flat lightning damage adders to other mods like cold/fire, phys, crit modifiers, etc. I'm guessing its pretty significant but I didn't know if there was a general "every +1 lightning = 100 or #% tooltip DPS".

Inb4 "This varies so much from build to build, etc."

I'm at work but I'll probably put my build in a tree and see tonight.

Thanks.
Hello there !

I am lvluping an elewander with your build since i wanted to use this wand that I looted recently.

Would it be better to just buy a piscator ? I don't have much currency right now (2ex 60c or something) and was willing to buy tempest binding and a collar, mainly because i like those items.
"
Vevert wrote:
Hello there !

I am lvluping an elewander with your build since i wanted to use this wand that I looted recently.

Would it be better to just buy a piscator ? I don't have much currency right now (2ex 60c or something) and was willing to buy tempest binding and a collar, mainly because i like those items.

That wand is sick, craft attack speed and you're good
My problem is that it seriously seem to lack some edps... 130 edps is quite low (even with a good attack speed roll it'll only get to 150 max).

I was wondering if i shouldn't try and block the suffixes to chaos slam it (or essence, if possible after a block?).
"
Vevert wrote:
My problem is that it seriously seem to lack some edps... 130 edps is quite low (even with a good attack speed roll it'll only get to 150 max).

I was wondering if i shouldn't try and block the suffixes to chaos slam it (or essence, if possible after a block?).

A wand with perfect crit chance/multi can easily outdps a 300 eDps wand, check it yourself on PoB, i used a wand with 100~ eDps and it shitted on a ton of 200-300 eDps wands just cause of the crit rolls.

Elemental DPS doesn't mean effective/high dps by itself.

If you really wanna try your luck then yeah, lock suffixes, cross your fingers and chaos spam.
Last edited by Phosphenez on Oct 5, 2017, 9:12:45 AM
"
redragonblack wrote:

41st essence of wrath. Planning to lock prefix -> scour suffixes -> multi mod into IAS, crit chance, and flat fire. POB shows +120,000 DPS with middle rolls from the crafted mods.

But even after that I only get to ~1.15 million DPS. According to PoB, even if I get the lightning boots enchant and +2 barrage enchant I'm still only getting to ~1.8 million. Guessing the remaining millions of dmg comes from 4 stat dmg jewels and a 100ex+ wand?

Looking at your gear, the reason you're only getting 1.8m with both enchants is because you're using a HH / Ventor's / Bisco's. You need rares in all these slots to get the higher DPS numbers listed in the guide. Also, 2 of your jewels are only 2 mod jewels, so you should probably upgrade those to 3 mod.
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
meh nvm
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 5, 2017, 4:00:36 PM
"
Desreien wrote:
"
redragonblack wrote:

41st essence of wrath. Planning to lock prefix -> scour suffixes -> multi mod into IAS, crit chance, and flat fire. POB shows +120,000 DPS with middle rolls from the crafted mods.

But even after that I only get to ~1.15 million DPS. According to PoB, even if I get the lightning boots enchant and +2 barrage enchant I'm still only getting to ~1.8 million. Guessing the remaining millions of dmg comes from 4 stat dmg jewels and a 100ex+ wand?

Looking at your gear, the reason you're only getting 1.8m with both enchants is because you're using a HH / Ventor's / Bisco's. You need rares in all these slots to get the higher DPS numbers listed in the guide. Also, 2 of your jewels are only 2 mod jewels, so you should probably upgrade those to 3 mod.

Thanks for taking a look. In my original post i did include the rares i use instead of HH / bisco / ventors when bossing. Those rares are what i use in the POB calcs.

Should have known it would be the life + 3dmg roll jewels that should be the next upgrades
Last edited by redragonblack on Oct 5, 2017, 5:44:41 PM
Hi, I started this build, right now im using a +1 tabula, I plan to change the chest to one of the options provided however, the variant for end-game cost about 10ex without 6 links and I think is too expensive, I already have a 6L belly with the exact colors so I wouldnt mind lending it from my other char, my question relies on knowing which of these is the best choice

1- Using a 6L belly
2-using a 6L QotF
3- using a 5L Yriel -
4- using a 6L of the other 2 variant of yriel

EDIT: best choice for speed clears. I dont mind wasting 5 more seconds on a map boss.
EDIT2: Belly is obv the slowest optiong however, does it fall behind that much compared to the other ones?
Last edited by Blesstrong on Oct 6, 2017, 1:05:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info