[3.0] DoT Pact (Minion Dark pact with Poison!)

I found your poison idea about Dark Pact very interesting, but i was thinking about the build my friend done and i was trying to sync both build, mostly using yours and that's what i got:

1 - In total 20% more DPS per stack of poison
2 - 6 stacks applyed in one time
3 - From dust spawns 3 skels at once with way faster cast
4 - Cheaper build (Breath of the Council costs alot)
5 - All gameplay is a 2 clicks (for those who are lazy) for much safe playstyle, cuz you will not have lots of health pool
6 - Totally reflect safe

https://pastebin.com/8e4YA8zb

You're welcome to debate about this in my PM.
"
Judexnm wrote:
I found your poison idea about Dark Pact very interesting, but i was thinking about the build my friend done and i was trying to sync both build, mostly using yours and that's what i got:

1 - In total 20% more DPS per stack of poison
2 - 6 stacks applyed in one time
3 - From dust spawns 3 skels at once with way faster cast
4 - Cheaper build (Breath of the Council costs alot)
5 - All gameplay is a 2 clicks (for those who are lazy) for much safe playstyle, cuz you will not have lots of health pool
6 - Totally reflect safe

https://pastebin.com/8e4YA8zb

You're welcome to debate about this in my PM.

always awesome to see people doing their own takes. Cheaper is totally great, especially for starting off in a league.

Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Last edited by DreamScythe on Nov 30, 2017, 2:35:43 PM
"
val0s wrote:
this looks interesting. i recently tried to make my own poison build with dendrobate (viper strike/flurry) but gave it up because it just wasn't fun. I'd love to try and reuse the chest and the gems :D

speaking of gems, regarding chain as mandatory, I played around with the other gems in POB and it says that echo is better than all the other supports except unbound ailments. so it seems that echo AND chain are actually the best option. have you tried that?

Looks like you're right. Ill take a closer look over the weekend. You can replace void manipulation with spell echo.
Last edited by DreamScythe on Nov 30, 2017, 2:33:38 PM
I decided to make this my league starter! Well, with some adjustments.

I spent couple of days thinkerig with PoB and checking out the new poison items. With the Minion Life support change and some new items, DPS seems to be respectable. With proper jewels, PoB reports over 8k skeleton life with capped resists (no empower).

For defense I use MoM, Dodge, Evasion, Block, IC, Tempest Shield + Blind, Flasks, Leech, Vaal Grace and well, skeletons. With decent gear I should be hitting 4.5kish HP with 1500 unreserved mana. Still some life nodes to be taken if damage is enough. Dex is pain tho. Dexterity conversion jewel fixes it, but we lose precious jewels for minion life/life/cast speed. So getting as much as you can (like 100+) from gear to open up a slot would be ideal.

I skipped some low value nodes in favor for Phase Acrobatics and more mana and switched around gems and took some cast speed (scales very nice) and AoE for Quality of Life. PoB doesn't report DP AoE radius nor +2 chain damage, so it's a bit tough to calculate.

Build is very versatile and gear is cheap. Rares are the costly ones and 21 Gems, which I think this build needs 3, DP, Summon Skeleton and Added Chaos. This is also very active build and requires you to pay attention.

Versatility comes from being able to self-cast DP with Warlords and Profane Bloom to blow up trash, pop out skeles for rares/uniques and skeles with wither for bosses. Add in the new flasks, DPS is pretty nice for few seconds. Safety? Well you can always just cast skeles infront of you and cast DP.

I tested using Spell totem to summon skeles, which gave me more room to maneuver, but in the end resistances of minions became an issue. So I swapped to self-casting and From Dust. I tested Abyssal Cry for leveling, and it made a difference, altho Wither is we're the Boss DPS is, so back to Wither Totem.

Currently I'm progressing in yellow maps with 4L Dendrobate. It's been a slow journey for me, due to life being hectic, so I'll report back if this post sparks some interest.
Last edited by kr0ni on Dec 21, 2017, 2:58:20 AM
"
kr0ni wrote:
I decided to make this my league starter! Well, with some adjustments.

I spent couple of days thinkerig with PoB and checking out the new poison items. With the Minion Life support change and some new items, DPS seems to be respectable. With proper jewels, PoB reports over 8k skeleton life with capped resists (no empower).

For defense I use MoM, Dodge, Evasion, Block, IC, Tempest Shield + Blind, Flasks, Leech, Vaal Grace and well, skeletons. With decent gear I should be hitting 4.5kish HP with 1500 unreserved mana. Still some life nodes to be taken if damage is enough. Dex is pain tho. Dexterity conversion jewel fixes it, but we lose precious jewels for minion life/life/cast speed. So getting as much as you can (like 100+) from gear to open up a slot would be ideal.

I skipped some low value nodes in favor for Phase Acrobatics and more mana and switched around gems and took some cast speed (scales very nice) and AoE for Quality of Life. PoB doesn't report DP AoE radius nor +2 chain damage, so it's a bit tough to calculate.

Build is very versatile and gear is cheap. Rares are the costly ones and 21 Gems, which I think this build needs 3, DP, Summon Skeleton and Added Chaos. This is also very active build and requires you to pay attention.

Versatility comes from being able to self-cast DP with Warlords and Profane Bloom to blow up trash, pop out skeles for rares/uniques and skeles with wither for bosses. Add in the new flasks, DPS is pretty nice for few seconds. Safety? Well you can always just cast skeles infront of you and cast DP.

I tested using Spell totem to summon skeles, which gave me more room to maneuver, but in the end resistances of minions became an issue. So I swapped to self-casting and From Dust. I tested Abyssal Cry for leveling, and it made a difference, altho Wither is we're the Boss DPS is, so back to Wither Totem.

Currently I'm progressing in yellow maps with 4L Dendrobate. It's been a slow journey for me, due to life being hectic, so I'll report back if this post sparks some interest.

Nice work man!

I havnt had much time this league to look over all of my builds, but it's nice to see some adaptation(s).

Look forward to hearing more.
Current progress:

Killed Red Tier Elder and Minotaur.

L93 with decent items. I guess you could say it was finished with L92, next points are going into more life.

Dropped Blasphemy for Warlords on hit ring, so eHP is nearing 7k.

https://pastebin.com/d99HFhUd

There is room for improvement tho... gem qualities, L21 DP/Added Chaos/Summon Skeleton and Empower 3/4. Of course I could sink more money (which I dont have) to better rares.

Build feels pretty nice and it's a lot faster with this setup. Not sure about the Golem setup, I hate recasting and since it's a big part of cast & attack speed, keeping it alive is nice. Blind helps with bosses.

I believe I made quite the improvement to your idea of Consuming Dark + Dendrobate.
Last edited by kr0ni on Jan 14, 2018, 9:51:35 AM
"
kr0ni wrote:
Current progress:

L93 with decent items. I guess you could say it was finished with L92, next points are going into more life.

There is room for improvement tho... gem qualities, L21 DP/Added Chaos/Summon Skeleton and Empower 3/4. Of course I could sink more money (which I dont have) to better rares.

Build feels pretty nice and it's a lot faster with this setup. Not sure about the Golem setup, I hate recasting and since it's a big part of cast & attack speed, keeping it alive is nice. Blind helps with bosses.

I believe I made quite the improvement to your idea of Consuming Dark + Dendrobate.

Looks good man!
little bit less damage overall, but the warlord's ring is nice (i'm probably gonna get whispers of doom and try to get a warlord's ring as well). So is having a shield charge with fortify. Also great idea on Leper's Alms - I was trying to figure how to get that item into a build, this never even crossed my mind.

Just curious is your skeleton hp correct at 8400? with the recently modified minion life gem, my skeletons have 12,500 hp (using empower 4, 21/20 skeleton, and a +2 helm). That put my dmg per poison up to 36k each with wither at 1 stack.
Last edited by DreamScythe on Jan 14, 2018, 7:28:18 PM
"
DreamScythe wrote:
"
kr0ni wrote:
Current progress:

Looks good man!
little bit less damage overall, but the warlord's ring is nice (i'm probably gonna get whispers of doom and try to get a warlord's ring as well). So is having a shield charge with fortify. Also great idea on Leper's Alms - I was trying to figure how to get that item into a build, this never even crossed my mind.

Just curious is your skeleton hp correct at 8400? with the recently modified minion life gem, my skeletons have 12,500 hp (using empower 4, 21/20 skeleton, and a +2 helm). That put my dmg per poison up to 36k each with wither at 1 stack.

Empower 4 and Summon Skeleton 21 raises the Skeleton HP to 11200. With better jewels I could get more. Also crafting Stygian Vise with Essence you could get ~30% increased minion life. But that only raises PoB DPS by 30k (which equates to 90k since PoB doesn't include chains and assuming every chain hits).

My damage is still little on the low side, I estimated with all PoB checkboxes, flasks, and full gems to get 300k dps PoB DPS, which would be around 900k DPS with chains.

So how I think it goes...

Currently (no flasks, poison stacks, charges or onslaught) with temp chains and golem, vaal grace, blind and 1 wither stack. Empower 2, 20/20 Gems. Shaper.

Dmg. per Poison: 16k
Casts per second: 6.5
Poison duration: 5.27
Max poison stacks: 34.2 is incorrect.
On hit DPS: 35k * 3 = 100k DPS with initial hit

Stacks... Let's see:
6.5 casts multiplied by 3 (chains) = 19.5 stacks per second * 5.27 poison dur = ~102 max stacks

For 10 seconds of DPS: 1.7mill poison, 500k DP hits for 5 seconds, some from skeletons. DPS peaks at 5 seconds, lingers for 5 seconds slowing down so over all comes to around:
230k dps over 10 seconds with 5 seconds of damage application.
Full sustained DPS after 5 seconds would be around ~400k.

With top notch gear and all buffs, flasks, max wither, 12000 hp and shit... against shaper.

Dmg. per Poison: 45k
Casts per second: 7.18
Poison duration: 5.1
Max poison stacks: 108
On hit DPS: 147k * 3 = 441k DPS with initial hit

441k * 5s = 2.2mill
108 stacks * 45k = 4.86mill
= 7.060mill over 10 seconds with 5 second application
== 700k dps
Full sustain: 8.8k*108 + 441k == 1.39mill dps

Damage is kinda hard to calculate, since the ramp up time for max DPS is 5 seconds, but the advantage is that it lingers around for 5 seconds while you dodge. So effective DPS is much higher in boss fights one might assume, compared to many other styles of damage delivery.

For Defense:
7k eHP (with leech)
25% evade (62% if enemy blinded)
21% block
75% attack dodge
64% spell dodge
capped ele
42% chaos
~20% phys mitigation with flask + pantheon.
==
93% attack/projetile avoidance
64% spell avoidance

I believe those to be pretty good numbers for a build under 10 exalts :D
6 link and 2 On Hit curses being the most expensive items and Empower 4 of course.
Skeletons should stay alive as long as possible which is around 3 seconds if they take no incoming damage. That's why the minion elemental resist gem.
It takes 0.25 to cast so that's a lot of missed DPS :)

Let's hope my math and assumptions are correct.
Last edited by kr0ni on Jan 15, 2018, 1:44:53 PM
Im late to party.

Im suprised not to see added chaos support. Is it worse? Weird not to see echo either.
Did you consider/check slapping on poison support and dualing appep rage instead?

I know that its 3.0 build but with latest changes: did you consider life+mom+acro,
necro(now that it has minion life and better skeletons) or trickster?
http://poe-profile.info/profile/kr0ni/MatilDaPee

This is what I ended up with. Life took me away from PoE. Some tiny pieces to improve there, but not much. Throwing more exalts might've made it a bit better.

DPS was good enough, clear speed kinda meh and required a lot of finesse. Was fun ride tho!
Last edited by kr0ni on May 31, 2018, 9:30:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info