[3.0] DoT Pact (Minion Dark pact with Poison!)

Thank you for submitting a solid build guide to the witch forums, easy addition to the list.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Kwitch wrote:
Thank you for submitting a solid build guide to the witch forums, easy addition to the list.

Cheers

My pleasure mate!

I appreciate everything you do for this forum!

Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Last edited by DreamScythe on Sep 9, 2017, 9:34:41 PM
Good job, mate!

Interesting build, succesfully using new skills and gear.

Last edited by Aravisi on Sep 1, 2017, 11:23:43 AM
"
Aravisi wrote:
Good job, mate!

Interesting build, succesfully using new skills and gear.

thanks!
Have you tried swapping chain for spell echo? As dark pact is already chaining, maybe that could be more beneficial?
Total noob question but is there any way/reason to make Vaal Summon Skeletons work in addition to how the build currently functions? I've always loved the idea of using both (don't ask why) but I don't think it's ever been legitimate

Also, any thoughts on Eber's Unification? I'd expect the +2 minion gem in the helmet is pretty much crucial, but the unique Void Gaze skill that lowers chaos resistance by -10% piqued my interest.

Similarly, The Baron's 20% increased minion life...
Last edited by SillyGosling on Sep 9, 2017, 3:41:03 AM
"
Inqwi wrote:
Have you tried swapping chain for spell echo? As dark pact is already chaining, maybe that could be more beneficial?

I might give spell echo a proper test before I come to any conclusions. I am at work right now, so ill just write down some thoughts. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Chain hits potentially 5 times with one cast. The negative % damage is only applied to hits, so there is no drawback really.

lets simplify this, and say that one poison does 100 damage. It is applied 5 times, so 500 damage. And the cast time is 0.33 seconds.

Spell echo potentially hits 6 times due to casting twice, but has a -10% more multiplier which is applied to all the poison stacks.

one poison does 90 damage, but hits 6 times, which deals 540 damage. However, the skill must repeat the animation twice at a rate of 70% faster casting. 0.33 x 2 = 0.66

0.66 x 0.7 (this is the more casting) = 0.462 casts per second.

So to sum what i just said up:

Chain setup = 0.33s cast to deal 500 damage in this scenario

Spell echo = 0.462s cast to deal 540 damage in this scenario

Last edited by DreamScythe on Sep 9, 2017, 8:39:05 PM
"
SillyGosling wrote:
Total noob question but is there any way/reason to make Vaal Summon Skeletons work in addition to how the build currently functions? I've always loved the idea of using both (don't ask why) but I don't think it's ever been legitimate

Also, any thoughts on Eber's Unification? I'd expect the +2 minion gem in the helmet is pretty much crucial, but the unique Void Gaze skill that lowers chaos resistance by -10% piqued my interest.

Similarly, The Baron's 20% increased minion life...

Vaal Skeletons is a great addition to the build, especially for map bosses. It's Not very necessary for shaper which is what I use this build mainly for.

By using Eber's unification, you lose +2 to summon skeletons. I am not sure what this equates to in health at the moment, but its fairly substantial. You also lose some nice resists from a decent minion helm.

That being said, if you can manage your resists, I believe Eber's is at the very least, a great alternative.
I would suggest using fastercasting/spell echo while lvling and for taking lesser mobs (swapping to setup mentioned before boss fights).

With more procs from Spell echo, poison is aplied preety frequently, so im not sure if we need that 100% for poison (but i have yet to come for items to switch). I have considered taking Dendrobate with its 40% and poison chance from Fatal Toxins nodes. If we add a Jewel or 2 with posin chance, we can have arround 70%, and i think thats enough. That way we can free one hand (because consuming dark is less than optimal), and take something way better.
Last edited by Inqwi on Sep 18, 2017, 9:14:26 AM
"
Inqwi wrote:
I would suggest using fastercasting/spell echo while lvling and for taking lesser mobs (swapping to setup mentioned before boss fights).

With more procs from Spell echo, poison is aplied preety frequently, so im not sure if we need that 100% for poison (but i have yet to come for items to switch). I have considered taking Dendrobate with its 40% and poison chance from Fatal Toxins nodes. If we add a Jewel or 2 with posin chance, we can have arround 70%, and i think thats enough. That way we can free one hand (because consuming dark is less than optimal), and take something way better.

I can see faster casting/spell echo maybe being better for lower levels when the poison isnt nearly as powerful.

However, I will say that you must have 100% poison chance. This is very achievable and while The Consuming Dark doesnt add much else, it provides exactly what is needed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info