The Pale Council Uniques - An Insight into the Design Process

summon bestial ursa looks fun, wish i had one
-
Last edited by Sir_Suckalott on May 9, 2019, 3:43:20 PM
"
spideySWAG wrote:
when will you do something like this for melee builds?

They do not want people playing melee. Anything else is fine just not melee. You are asking for the moon if you want anything for melee. Perhaps if you tried a projectile build or some totems you can enjoy or even participate in the content. So yeah just stop playing melee...or they will find you.

As for me I have long since lost my damn mind. They can find me and I do not give a damn. I will keep playing melee until the damn eagles come. THE EAGLES!!!

SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut because his armor and evasion both failed...again)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
Nice!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
Such a worth skin transfer gear, beautifull
Good read!
The Gloves make me real sad, because their concept would have allowed for new types of builds, but they are just too inherently self-sabotaged to do so effectively.

If you just slap them on a conventional elemental build to gain some 'free' added poison damage, that seems to be the best case scenario for their use. The added damage is mostly trivial, but may be enough to justify equiping them, not sure. Unfortunately, I do not really count this as enabling a new build, it's just a minor garnish on an existing one.

For a conventional elemental attack or spell build, the 50% less poison duration combined with the fact that the poison itself is still chaos and not elemental damage means that investing in enhancing the poison aspect will probably never give comperable returns to just investing in the direct elemental attack in the normal ways.

As for full out pursuing it as a poison focused build, the problem imposed by the 50% less poison duration is even worse. While there is a legitimate case to be made that elemental damage is easier to scale up then physical or chaos... the difference is not enough to make up for what is essentially a 50% less damage mod; since 50% less poison duration is 50% less damage for any poison-centric build. Poison builds focused on non-hit damage will almost certainly always do better to skip the gloves and just use traditional physical and chaos scaling.

I think you guys underestimated the 'opportunity cost' of simply requiring the sacrifice of the glove equipment slot, and overdid it with the 50% less duration mod. Maybe someone will make a build to prove me wrong, but it sure feels like it will kill any attempt to make an elemental poison build.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Aug 27, 2017, 11:20:17 PM
The old uniques CAN drop from the end of the chains, they are not guaranteed even if it sounds this way in this post. If they are meant to be guaranteed consider this to be a bug report.
Fantastic! I like how you guys make such intelligent game design decisions! Keep it up, GGG!
chest is very very strong - good AR shield + Wand and it is pretty much the best DPS chest for kinetic bonkers builds. btw - when will you bring KB in line?

boots are interesting, not very strong but interesting.

gloves. not sold of them but can see Ball Lightning or Incinerate doing its 'poison' job

and the skin transfer item - the helmet. droped this one, it looks like recolored Rime Gaze and sadly has no practical application. 10% chaos resist reduction for a helmet slot? not sold on that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info