[3.4] Spark Scion Build

i read here that wands it's the most offencive solution, in my opinion it's not true, you can craft a +3 lvl bow and get a lvl 26-28 spark on it, on quiver you can get life + chance to crit (easy get a 50% chance to crit) crit multi and life

i'm planning a similar build, but i need mov speed and life
"
kogilcane wrote:
i read here that wands it's the most offencive solution, in my opinion it's not true, you can craft a +3 lvl bow and get a lvl 26-28 spark on it, on quiver you can get life + chance to crit (easy get a 50% chance to crit) crit multi and life

A +3 bow is a nice boost, but it's not completely the best option, it's just a trade off. A +3 bow, plus a lvl 3 empower, to get the most out of the +gem levels give 6 levels to the gem. So comparing a lvl 20 spark vs a lvl 26 spark, it'a bout 55% more damage. If you have any flat added damage, like from a herald or some items, it's effectively less then that. Hmm, looking at just the bow, assuming no empower, going from a 20 gem to 23 gem is 25% more damageish. So that would likely be the better comparison.

A good pair of wands, or a wand/shield or a pair of scepters can give a lot of damage and crit chance, enough so I think it would even out. 70% damage and 100% crit chance isn't really hard to get on a wand/scepter/dagger. For a bit you can get some crit multi and maybe cast speed. So while a +3 bow is an acceptable offensive choice, it's not always the best.
It's entirely possible to get wands that have 150% or more spell damage. I'm not sure what the top-out on crit is for wands. This build doesn't really care. With so many sparks running around, you basically get 5+ crit hits with every single cast at the very least. My EO is up for as long as there are mobs on the screen, and my crit chance with Power Charges is like 30% or so. Even without the charges it's about 12%, and still crit like a son of a gun. Ever since I started building for crit my clear speed and ability to take on bosses has skyrocketed.

I would really like to shave off as many uniques as I can from this build. Although the rares I've been going after seem to be far more costly than the uniques. I've been trying to find a pair of gloves that rivals the throughput of the ones I have, but the only ones that come close are 30ex or more. That's silly. Besides, I've found 3 pairs of these gloves in my playtime, meaning I didn't have to actually buy them. Much cheaper that way :-) I really think at this point, Victario's Acuity is about the only 'required' unique, and that's just because it lets you get Power and Frenzy Charges so freaking easy. And they're cheap too, you can get them for about 15c. I got 25c in drops just from leveling my Scion.

I'm still trying to find a decent helm with the +3 Sparks on it. So far I've found a Rat's Nest with it for 4ex, but I don't have that much atm. I'd like to find an ES helm since apparently I'm gearing for ES, even though I'm not spec'ing for it.

I'm also rather annoyed that this build sacrificed the + pierce talents. It just cost too many points to run all the way over to that section of the tree to get +3 pierce, when the 3 pierce I currently have is working just fine. I'd rather have more sparks.

I finally cleared Merc Labs, it was a cakewalk this time. Got the 1% life leech now, and man is it amazing.

I am really, really hating ele reflect mobs with this though. The problem is, your sparks are going off-screen and hitting things, AND they last a while. Which means even if you stop casting after finding a reflect mob, your sparks are still going to find it and hit it.

I also really hate doing Vorici quests with this build. His quests require precision, and that is one thing this spec definitely lacks. I fail 90% of his missions. All of my masters are currently either over level 7 or very close, and he is barely half way through 6.

Overall I'm really enjoying this build, but I can already tell it will definitely have issues later on, and that it isn't going to be a penultimate build at all. It'll be good for clearing maps, but if someone actually kills even Normal Atziri with it I will be extremely impressed. It's kinda like my Bladefall Totem Marauder - I love playing it, but I know it isn't going to get very far.

And lastly, what do people use to record their plays? When I get the guide up and running, I'd like to at least have some video of how well it clears. I don't need anything to record my voice, too shy for that, but a few minutes of watching the spiders running around and obliterating everything would cool.
Last edited by endersblade on Sep 8, 2017, 3:40:38 AM
"
vysirez wrote:
"
kogilcane wrote:

A +3 bow is a nice boost, but it's not completely the best option, it's just a trade off. A +3 bow, plus a lvl 3 empower, to get the most out of the +gem levels give 6 levels to the gem. So comparing a lvl 20 spark vs a lvl 26 spark, it'a bout 55% more damage. If you have any flat added damage, like from a herald or some items, it's effectively less then that. Hmm, looking at just the bow, assuming no empower, going from a 20 gem to 23 gem is 25% more damageish. So that would likely be the better comparison.

A good pair of wands, or a wand/shield or a pair of scepters can give a lot of damage and crit chance, enough so I think it would even out. 70% damage and 100% crit chance isn't really hard to get on a wand/scepter/dagger. For a bit you can get some crit multi and maybe cast speed. So while a +3 bow is an acceptable offensive choice, it's not always the best.

the comparison it's not totally correct, now i have a +3 bow, and i can craft +30 multi and +30 proj speed, on the quiver you can run proj speed (for a total of 70 proj speed) + crit chance (up to 50) and 30-40 crit multi, if you are going crit it's an huge bust, while get a wand with shittons of spell/lightning damage + huge crit chance multi and proj speed it's expencive as fuck, other than that, a 6l bow it's very cheap also.
also, with a lvl 26 spark you run 7 proj instead of 6, it's another nice buff.
obliviously, a double void battery can be better, but than you need a 6l chest, probably offcolor
Wow, Void Batteries are pricey.

As far as offcolor chest, I guess that entirely depends on what chest you're running, and what gems you're linking to Spark. I'm using an ES chest with 6 blue gems. After some testing with PoB, they just seemed to come out on top over things like GMP.

I really appreciate that you guys are debating this! Nice to know there are still people interested in this build.

So last night I burned about 700 Alts and close to 200 Chaos making jewels...I never, not once, got a jewel with +HP on it. Is it really THAT rare, or is RNGesus just hating me?
Here is my take on a spark build: https://pastebin.com/MjcY4Z1U
It looks decent enough...
Hello guys, i want to share my build. It was inspired by ziggy's at first, i started the league as elemental overload + double curse (elementalist + deadeye) until i got uber lab for the extra points + ranger starting area. Then i switched to crit (current tree, assassing + deadeye) and i have to say the damage difference between crit and non crit is gigantic.
anyways i play HSC (SSF btw) so my gear is pretty ass. Im chancing rarity amulets for biscos and two stoned rings, but no luck.

Build is awesome for speed clear but bosses can be tricky, as damage is not that good vs them. Not sure how it will do in high tier maps

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAHRAwQDHgPuBLMHHg3RDkgPqxEvEZYWbxa_GF0Ziho4Gmwc3B0UHb4dwh9BJIskqiaVJy8o-ioLKwowWzLRM4c1kjY9Nuk62DrhPydBh0VHRZ1JT0lRSshN41NSVEdVS1ltWlJd8l-YYeJjQ2yMbqpwUntue8N_xoKbgseFMocHjDaOZI8aj_qQVZUulwaXIZctmjua4JtdnaqexKEiogCiQKYyplemr6a-qHKomq3xr-uxW7Xytvq3PriTuZO747yqwGbBfMMJwzrEos8y1abYveFz42rjhOQi62Pr7uv17DjtPPAf8NXyHfJF8pf0-Pem-ej60v4K_o_-ug==?accountName=blackandblu3&characterName=SparkDelConurbano

Char name: SparkDelConurbano
You are a far more patient soul than I.

I find it curious that you went with a sceptre and shield. Was that just because it's what you had, or did you do it on purpose?

I like the tree. I too went for the ranger start for the extra talent points. I think I change the final tree probably 3 times a day at this point lol.

This build will definitely have issues with bosses. It is very much just a clearing build. I very, very rarely die while clearing anymore, only when ele reflect mobs sneak up on me. The only bosses I can down easily are the ones in smaller rooms, as the Sparks get to bounce around and hit more often.

Still trying to find a Rat's Nest with +3 sparks on it that isn't stupidly expensive. Though the price of exalts is going down, so I might be able to up convert more chaos and get one.

I don't even think I've taken one group of +crit nodes on the tree yet, and I already crit constantly. Definitely the way to go with this build.

I did finally get over to the Berserker node for the life leech, and it is extremely underwhelming. LL just takes too long, and Vaal Pact is too far away from anything in my build. My dream is to find a Skin of the Lords with Vaal Pact on it :-P

The next time I log in, I want to try socketing GMP with Spark. PoB says it's a rather large DPS loss. This is my current setup:

6 Blue Sockets, easy enough to do on an ES chest. Running with it until I can find something better.

Still haven't decided if I wanna run down the rest of the way for Iron Reflexes. For all the EV I have, I feel like I get hit way too often.

Also, are you using Hazardous Research, Blackandblu3? I've tried running without, and I've tried simming it with PoB, and it just seems to be a straight up loss all around. I even replaced them with +lit damage/crit chance/HP.

As for the double curses, I find that things just don't get within range for Blasphemy to hit them. I tried going Warlords for more leech + End charges, but I would have to intentionally run into the middle of a group of mobs to take advantage of it, and I'd rather just kill them before they get that close. And doing a CwH or CwC just seems like a loss for Spark DPS.
Last edited by endersblade on Sep 12, 2017, 3:17:43 PM
I'm using a scepter not only BC it's the best thing I found(got daggers that are less DMG than my current scepter) but BC I can't give up shield charge.

I'm using one hazardous research, if I get another one to drop I might use it. Also I'm thinking the +40% spark DMG helm enchant would be better as it would give better single target and we have enough projectiles already.
When I had double curse (running non CRIT+ elemental overload) I was using CoH ele weakness & projectile weakness and a cwdt warlords mark +immortal call
Now, I'm running coh projectile weakness + the same cwdt setup.
I want to get the +1 curse boots to have double curse again as it gives a lot of dmg but I haven't had the drop yet. But I got a bisco's last night, Wich is nice.

Also I'm loving my 6l setup : spark, controlled destruction, echo, lightning pen, arcane surge & ice bite.
Last edited by endersblade on Sep 12, 2017, 8:51:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info