[3.4] Spark Scion Build

You'd want to go flat Life until they fix ES, cause as it stands now, all ES viable "builds" just got kicked in the nuts and made them useless. As for yer current wands, I think you'd benefit from useing rare/self found or buy some expensive crafted ones :P but meh idk been a long time since i last played (barely came back 3 days ago).

I think (not certain without testing myself) you'd benefit puttin more into crit chance, as crit chance is a HUGE dps booster, atm you have 5% to chance to crit, thats 1 in 95 attacks that will crit, thats seriously low, and the gloves you can change them out and just go with maligaro's deerskin gloves, gives a nice boost to crit chance and multiplier.

Amulet is low end budget build type, rare would do you much nice (Res, Life, DMG (preferably flat) )

Helmet you can go with Rats nest with the enchant +2 to spark projectiles, that'll increase your dps tremendously having additional sparks coming out.

Now if we're stacking lightning damage to convert to chaos (voltaxic way) thunderfist mits ftw :) but those are extremely expensive and not even worth attempting to get unless you have money to throw at them :P if not, best bet to get yer self those new gloves (grip gloves, one either for Flat physical or spell, or elemental damage)

Steel rings are kinda expensive ish, if you cant get these, better off grabbing those crit chance rings (i think their called diamond rings but dont take my word for it, i'd have to look and atm im too lazy xD)

Anywho, thought i'd throw out some advice from my end, hopefully it helps, but I would LOVE to know so far how the build is going :) seems to me your putting alot of effort and time into it, and it would be a drag to just watch it go down in the dumps like most builds do :P Good luck hunting, :)
Phys damage doesn't do anything for Spark, unless I'm totally missing something.

The main reason I'm rolling with the gear I listed is because I have been sitting on it for a really long time now, it was recommended in the video I posted. Once I hit 70+ and really get into rolling with this build, I will look into getting better gear.

I want to change the talent tree as well. But I haven't really looked into it much. I definitely want to roll with crit chance, EO is such an awesome boost to DPS. And as far as that goes, even with 5%, I have 11 sparks that roll a chance to crit every time they hit. So while on paper it's 5%, 11 sparks that are hitting a multitude of enemies, it keeps EO up often enough, though obviously having constant crits would be much higher DPS.

I've taken a hiatus on PoE for a while, XCOM 2's new DLC just released and I got sucked back in.
Last edited by endersblade on Sep 5, 2017, 2:59:56 AM
Prolly cause I'm being dumb and was tired, for saying get flat physical Lol, I am totally sorry about that, but one reasoning behind it was the phys to lightning conversion on voltaxic and having that conversion stack up on CHaos damage :P more lightning damage means more chaos damage, and really nothing in the game that can reflect/defend against chaos (unless the mobs modify says "resist chaos damage" etc.. :P

and 11 sparks coming out? Nice! Put pierce into spark (6Ling it) and thatll double your chances at getting a crit procing :) but for now great job!

It's fine, hope your enjoying yer game ^_^ same thing is happening to me with Battlefield 1 new dlc just dropped and waitin to update to see new content lol
"
shaints11 wrote:
Prolly cause I'm being dumb and was tired, for saying get flat physical Lol, I am totally sorry about that, but one reasoning behind it was the phys to lightning conversion on voltaxic and having that conversion stack up on CHaos damage :P more lightning damage means more chaos damage, and really nothing in the game that can reflect/defend against chaos (unless the mobs modify says "resist chaos damage" etc.. :P

and 11 sparks coming out? Nice! Put pierce into spark (6Ling it) and thatll double your chances at getting a crit procing :) but for now great job!

It's fine, hope your enjoying yer game ^_^ same thing is happening to me with Battlefield 1 new dlc just dropped and waitin to update to see new content lol

Voltaxic converts lighting to chaos, not phys :-P

My spark currently has 3 pierce. One from the Ascendant Deadeye and I can't recall what the other two are from. But it's enough. I'm...67? Or so, and I have been clearing everything I run through. Hell, I kill things off screen so much, I hear my loot filter go off and have to run around looking for it lol.

The necklace I'm running grants my frenzy and power charges. It's by far the simplest way to get them. With them up, Arcane Surge and EO going off, my tooltip dps is hitting 27k. I melt mobs like there's no tomorrow. The only time it's an issue is with reflect, which is rare, but I just switch to voltaxic for chaos damage, kill the reflecting mob(s), switch back to wands, and continue.
hey! im going to be trying out this build! & I'll keep you updated as it goes, good luck ^ - ^
Ok, did some swapping around, here's a skill tree that takes +Crit Chance nodes. Looks like about 240% crit chance and 72% multi.

I'm still worried about mana regen. Or some other way to maintain mana. I don't USUALLY run out, as just in the time it takes to move around it will regen completely, but it still isn't sustainable. I can't sit still and just cast spark all day long. I may have to just live with it.

Going to start scoping out gear for +crit chance and see if I can't get that started. I still need to get rings, so that'll be the first place I start with. Finding wands that have good spell/lightning damage AND crit chance might be costly.
Last edited by endersblade on Sep 5, 2017, 12:01:23 PM
I did try Scion with Spark, I try to mix Cold damage vs lighting damage to have ability to feeze monster as defense.
This Spark has a lot of fun to play and good clear speed on low map, but the problem is that my Scion can not survive on high map like tier 8. 9.... Although I got some hp with leech from Warlord's mask and Vaal pact, it's still not enough because damage come from Spark is not consecutive.
I can not try an ES build because it's very expensive.
So it's not possible for Scion Spark to complete high maps and finish end-game contents :(
"
sieusao17 wrote:
I did try Scion with Spark, I try to mix Cold damage vs lighting damage to have ability to feeze monster as defense.
This Spark has a lot of fun to play and good clear speed on low map, but the problem is that my Scion can not survive on high map like tier 8. 9.... Although I got some hp with leech from Warlord's mask and Vaal pact, it's still not enough because damage come from Spark is not consecutive.
I can not try an ES build because it's very expensive.
So it's not possible for Scion Spark to complete high maps and finish end-game contents :(

I've only just started mapping on my Scion, so I haven't been able to test higher tier maps. I DO know that many of the lower map bosses are a pain in the ass, like the Rhoa boss. I died 3 times to that stupid thing and never killed it.

I've sunk almost 5ex into my gear so far, not counting the thousands of Fusings to 6L the chest. This chest took by FAR the most fusings I've ever had to use to 6L anything.

I get the feeling that once I get higher level, I'm going to have to seriously revamp my gear. I've been changing my final skill tree quite a bit, like adding in crit, more HP, stuff like that, as the damage so far really seems to be on par. With all my charges and buffs up, no flasks at all, my Spark's tooltip DPS is 41k at level 72. And I recently dropped a lot of DPS nodes to get more survivability.

I CAN tell you that crit is definitely the way to go. I'm at 12.5% crit right now, and will be much higher once I take all the crit nodes and get more crit gear, but good lord I crit constantly. My screen shakes all the freaking time from it.

So, as an update, here is my current gear:

Spoiler

I haven't taken many jewel slots yet, but I have 6 total on the final build. What I'm currently running are the two Hazardous Researches, the unique one you get from a quest that gives 1 Pierce and like 10% damage or something, and then a SP/crit/HP rare.

I'm actually thinking about moving some points around to go for Iron Reflexes. I feel like Armor/phys reduction is greatly needed for this. I'm trying to find a good Armor or AR/ES chest, but as I'm currently running 6 blues on mine, I can't imagine the Chrome cost to do so.

Last edited by endersblade on Sep 7, 2017, 12:54:19 PM
I'm at 60% crit and 22k-25k damage tooltip of Spark :(, took many note of Life as I could.
And I think we can stuck when we go high level maps because we can die immediatly anytime we meet boss or rare monster :( That's mean we got no exp...
"
sieusao17 wrote:
I'm at 60% crit and 22k-25k damage tooltip of Spark :(, took many note of Life as I could.
And I think we can stuck when we go high level maps because we can die immediatly anytime we meet boss or rare monster :( That's mean we got no exp...

I really think the way to go for bosses is to drop the Nova gems, to kinda focus the sparks in one direction...but that makes us lose a total of like 40%-ish damage and 4 total Sparks. And of course swapping jewels around before you hit a boss room is extremely time consuming, really not worth it.

Other than bosses, I haven't died at all on maps. I can even handle two Rogues at the same time. But again I've only cleared up to I think T3 maps with the build I'm currently running (I'll try posting what my skill tree looks like when I get home, or you can check my profile for it, I only have the one Scion).

I went into Merc Labs at level 70 (two levels above the Labs level) and the very first Izaro fight killed me. I was ele res capped, 4% chaos res, and like 3.6k life. He murdered me. That's what made me realize I really need to get some Armor, as the Evasion I currently have just isn't cutting it.

I also still need to figure out flasks. I will tell you that I am not a huge Flask user - I have, put simply, a mental issue that messes up my eye-hand coordination. I'm not very good AT ALL with constantly hitting flasks, or hitting flasks in response to things. This stems from my PTSD from when I was in Iraq - it really fucked me up. So even when I MAKE the guide, someone else is going to have to build the flasks for me to post.

Right now I have a Life Flask with Bleed Immunity/Clear, I need to make one with Curse Immunity/Clear, and then I have a movement and a damage flask. I have the Crit flask too, but I never use it. As far as Uniques, I have no idea which flasks would be optimal, again, because I just can't play the flask game.

Also, it looks like a Rat's Nest with +3 Sparks on it is going to run me a minimum of 4EX...
Last edited by endersblade on Sep 7, 2017, 1:13:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info