Xbox users = Belly Achers

"
Morphyne123 wrote:
Dear Xbox users,
I come to inform all of you that you guys don't know how long it takes for game developers to adhere to your issues and put into place said issues. I get it, the Xbox launch was a massacre to all players who used to play on the PC. It's honestly an entirely different game with all the controls you have to learn, figuring out how to place those controls to your play style. We all understand. But now it's time for all of you(The users on this forum whining about how horrible the Xbox version is) to understand that the developers already know this. It's true. Reddit is blowing up with posts like these every day and they are already planning on fixing it. But posts like these are just ridiculous and I quote:

"I am starting to see the Xbox version as just a cash grab through micro-transactions. We don't get much response to our issues, there doesn't seem to be much developer feedback or direction being laid out, and this version feels exactly like the beta version. They are really showing their inexperience, especially with console ARPG's."

Really? For one GGG graciously gave Xbox users a game to play, that alone should be enough praise to begin with. If you were a previous PC player who switched to Xbox version, I have no sympathy for you. 1.) You knew it wasn't going to live up to the PC expectations so that fault is on you, not the so called inexperienced developers. 2.) It takes time to build up a game!! Even one that has been already established on a different platform. The new expansion hasn't even been out a full month yet and already people are giving up.

My advice to all you gosh darn belly achers out there; Be patient, for one. Things will improve and you'll be back to giving GGG all your moneys. Enjoy the game. There's honestly worst things out there besides not having a chat box or a trade post in the hideout. The game is fully functional and it will only be a matter of time before they send out that big update everyone is waiting for. My advice for GGG, keep rockin' it guys. It's hard to develop a game like this, coming from one ambitious game dev to another. You guys haven't let me down yet. d('_'d)

Funny almost all the whinging is coming from people with those fancy forum banners under your name. Weird xbox people !
Psalms of Moribund
"
Shadoe_Wrayth wrote:
Ok, I'll bite...

All through beta, several, including ME, posted heavily saying that certain things needed to change or be improved, SPECIFIC things... or else the console community were going to quit within hours of starting. We made that as clear as possible, and were told over and over that we didn't know what we were talking about, that we don't speak for all console players, etc etc...

And now that that is EXACTLY what is happening, you're blaming the console players, blaming the naysayers, blaming those that wanted the game to succeed and gave specific ways to fix things... but, not the developers who gave next to zero communication, or feedback on those suggestions? Maybe, you should be blaming those people who belittled and trolled all of those players who said that this would happen? It is amazing how anyone can blame the people who actually DID know what they were talking about and how things would go, and how to fix the problems before they occur.

Yeah, good work there.

I'm blaming anyone who thinks these changes will come within weeks. I'm blaming the people who sit here on the forums thinking that what they're saying is going to change anything if they just keep whining about it consistently. The developers know what you guys are saying and they're going to fix it. This post was was merely a reality check for everyone who keeps yammering on about it day after day when GGG has talked about it already. No launch from PC to console is easy, look at all your other big named titles that have done so; at least GGG is giving you something worth playing. Give it time and everything will work it's way out.
"
Morphyne123 wrote:
"
Shadoe_Wrayth wrote:
Ok, I'll bite...

All through beta, several, including ME, posted heavily saying that certain things needed to change or be improved, SPECIFIC things... or else the console community were going to quit within hours of starting. We made that as clear as possible, and were told over and over that we didn't know what we were talking about, that we don't speak for all console players, etc etc...

And now that that is EXACTLY what is happening, you're blaming the console players, blaming the naysayers, blaming those that wanted the game to succeed and gave specific ways to fix things... but, not the developers who gave next to zero communication, or feedback on those suggestions? Maybe, you should be blaming those people who belittled and trolled all of those players who said that this would happen? It is amazing how anyone can blame the people who actually DID know what they were talking about and how things would go, and how to fix the problems before they occur.

Yeah, good work there.

I'm blaming anyone who thinks these changes will come within weeks. I'm blaming the people who sit here on the forums thinking that what they're saying is going to change anything if they just keep whining about it consistently. The developers know what you guys are saying and they're going to fix it. This post was was merely a reality check for everyone who keeps yammering on about it day after day when GGG has talked about it already. No launch from PC to console is easy, look at all your other big named titles that have done so; at least GGG is giving you something worth playing. Give it time and everything will work it's way out.

Interesting, interesting... I would agree, had there not been a month, if not more, of beta/alpha, where players almost begged for changes, citing that this is a console release, not a PC release, and the developers did all of jack. We still have people reporting that they STILL cannot target corpses for revival for Catarina's quests, still have buggy interface problems, still have button mapping issues that are being talked about by quitting players that never played before and only play on console. And so many more. They had a TON of time, and almost entirely ignored the players who they had in those phases. So, yeah, it IS their fault, no one else's. People tried to warn them, tried to provide feedback. They were promptly ignored.

The only REAL change/improvement I have seen based on all of the feedback, is that now we can, for the most part, cycle through dropped loot using RS to pick up what we want, instead of running around in circles, or looting everything and dropping what we don't want, etc. That's pretty good! But, if THAT took them a month? Nah... lol
"
c8die wrote:

Lastly, I am also a developer and understand that software, games, or whatever app you are making, is a large and difficult process that requires many iterations to get to perfection. It takes lots of feedback cycles with your customers, no matter who they may be. You are making an ignorant assumption that us players, that are not afraid to speak up and give feedback, are haters/whiner/"belly-achers," but really we are just die-hard fans trying to get the best Xbox version that we can. We want GGG to succeed, as that means the game will last longer on PC and Xbox, and we will get more content for our support.

PS: Thanks for the quote!

First off you're welcome for the quote, it was the first absurd thing that I saw on the forums. Secondly, if you knew how difficult it was to make something like PoE and take it to the console, then surely you would understand that it's not going to happen overnight. I get that people are frustrated with the game and not being somewhat functional on the Xbox, but stuff like this happens. It's not foreseen, it's something that has to be tested by active players on the first opening weeks. And no sir, I am not assuming anything that has been said here on the forums in the past few days. I get that people are dedicated and want things to change and for the Xbox version to be in anyway better than what it is now. If you'd like, you can go and look at the constant repeating posts of people pointing out the same flaws with the game and bitching about, "How GGG doesn't care." When in all reality, you really don't know what GGG is improving or updating. Obviously, if you are assume that GGG is out for money just to open a copy on the console and operate their MTX shop there, I believe that makes you the ignorant one.
"
Morphyne123 wrote:
"
c8die wrote:

Lastly, I am also a developer and understand that software, games, or whatever app you are making, is a large and difficult process that requires many iterations to get to perfection. It takes lots of feedback cycles with your customers, no matter who they may be. You are making an ignorant assumption that us players, that are not afraid to speak up and give feedback, are haters/whiner/"belly-achers," but really we are just die-hard fans trying to get the best Xbox version that we can. We want GGG to succeed, as that means the game will last longer on PC and Xbox, and we will get more content for our support.

First off you're welcome for the quote, it was the first absurd thing that I saw on the forums. Secondly, if you knew how difficult it was to make something like PoE and take it to the console, then surely you would understand that it's not going to happen overnight. I get that people are frustrated with the game and not being somewhat functional on the Xbox, but stuff like this happens. It's not foreseen, it's something that has to be tested by active players on the first opening weeks. And no sir, I am not assuming anything that has been said here on the forums in the past few days. I get that people are dedicated and want things to change and for the Xbox version to be in anyway better than what it is now. If you'd like, you can go and look at the constant repeating posts of people pointing out the same flaws with the game and bitching about, "How GGG doesn't care." When in all reality, you really don't know what GGG is improving or updating. Obviously, if you are assume that GGG is out for money just to open a copy on the console and operate their MTX shop there, I believe that makes you the ignorant one.

I myself have been loving the console release and am enjoying every second of it. Yes there are issues and stuff i would like to see addressed over the xbox versions lifetime. One of the biggest things that would help a lot of these "complainers" is really any sort of feedback from the devs on the port. When things are left silent it feels like complaints and fair criticism are put on deaf ears. There is loads of room for improvement to the console port but they have done a great job putting it all together yes there were a few setbacks but i have faith they will correct several of our issues in the next few months. Some more feedback as well as our own forum section would be nice.
Former PC Players who for some reason are playing on Xbox = Bellyachers.

There fixed it for you.
I think the game is working pretty good. Don't know what all the fuss is about.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
I think the game is working pretty good. Don't know what all the fuss is about.

THIS !! .. seriously between the BETA and full release, I think the only problem I've run into is rubberbanding but that goes away as soon as it arrives. I just wish we had a dedicated target button, MAN its a pain!
Psalms of Moribund
"
Morphyne123 wrote:
"
c8die wrote:

I never said that this should happen overnight, but many of us, that are complaining and offering feedback, played during beta and offered feedback on many issues here and on reddit, a while ago. Nothing pushed them to release it without iterating through some requested changes. Being complacent with mediocrity is something that I will never be, as I see you are okay with it. It never has to be a mess or only somewhat functional on release, as you stated. You don't know what us players are thinking based on a post or two, just as much as we know what devs are talking about. I am using the lack of response, the released game, and lack of changes to feedback as evidence of my assumptions that the developers are non-experienced console developers. They have done a great job creating POE on the PC, but the console version leaves a lot to look for.
Introductions first, I'm a PoE veteran, with (only) 500 hours under my belt, have been on hiatus for roughly 2 years, so playing on Xbox I'm seeing a lot of new content which is real nice.

Seeing this article did make me a bit sad though. Over the years, I've noticed one thing. People are going to whine and complain. Its what they do. Give them a public place and anonymity and its going to happen. Its not just exclusive to Xbox users, however there are a number of factors that really need to be taken into account.

1. The game is "released", ie - no longer in Beta and yet there are still issues. Issues that were addressed in the beta feedback, but not ironed out before release. That certainly does give rise to complaints which ARE valid. It would be nice if people submitted their issues in a calm and collected fashion, but this is the human race after all, its just not going to happen.

2. The game is being directly compared to Diablo 3. Consoles are starved for good ARPGs and Diablo has taken great lengths to ensure the control and inventory system works, not to mention its offline play which makes a much smoother and seamless experience. Comparing Path of Exile to that is always going to come up second best, despite how much more intricate the Path of Exile system is.

3. Rather than complaining about people complaining, wouldn't it be much more constructive to gather the [valid] complaints into a much more appropriate and logical fashion and help GGG to address them?

I, for one, am really enjoying the ingame control system. The use of thumbsticks works nicely, the way the face buttons alternate with RT reminds me of Sacred 2's system which was brilliant. Flask usage is nice and easy too. There are certainly some tweaks needed with regards to the inventory and skill assignment, but its certainly not bad and no worse than Dungeon Defenders 2's launch day... but posts like this really feel like any constructive feedback is "belly aching".

I think GGG have done a really good job of porting their game to console, and certainly not a simple "cash grab" (though I can see console owners thinking as much given the price of packs being more expensive than the console they're playing on...), but the game does need more work. A little longer beta, and more attention to feedback certainly would have gone a long way for that first impression on launch day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info