Xbox users = Belly Achers

Dear Xbox users,
I come to inform all of you that you guys don't know how long it takes for game developers to adhere to your issues and put into place said issues. I get it, the Xbox launch was a massacre to all players who used to play on the PC. It's honestly an entirely different game with all the controls you have to learn, figuring out how to place those controls to your play style. We all understand. But now it's time for all of you(The users on this forum whining about how horrible the Xbox version is) to understand that the developers already know this. It's true. Reddit is blowing up with posts like these every day and they are already planning on fixing it. But posts like these are just ridiculous and I quote:

"I am starting to see the Xbox version as just a cash grab through micro-transactions. We don't get much response to our issues, there doesn't seem to be much developer feedback or direction being laid out, and this version feels exactly like the beta version. They are really showing their inexperience, especially with console ARPG's."

Really? For one GGG graciously gave Xbox users a game to play, that alone should be enough praise to begin with. If you were a previous PC player who switched to Xbox version, I have no sympathy for you. 1.) You knew it wasn't going to live up to the PC expectations so that fault is on you, not the so called inexperienced developers. 2.) It takes time to build up a game!! Even one that has been already established on a different platform. The new expansion hasn't even been out a full month yet and already people are giving up.

My advice to all you gosh darn belly achers out there; Be patient, for one. Things will improve and you'll be back to giving GGG all your moneys. Enjoy the game. There's honestly worst things out there besides not having a chat box or a trade post in the hideout. The game is fully functional and it will only be a matter of time before they send out that big update everyone is waiting for. My advice for GGG, keep rockin' it guys. It's hard to develop a game like this, coming from one ambitious game dev to another. You guys haven't let me down yet. d('_'d)
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2017, 1:09:32 PM
First
Ok, I'll bite...

All through beta, several, including ME, posted heavily saying that certain things needed to change or be improved, SPECIFIC things... or else the console community were going to quit within hours of starting. We made that as clear as possible, and were told over and over that we didn't know what we were talking about, that we don't speak for all console players, etc etc...

And now that that is EXACTLY what is happening, you're blaming the console players, blaming the naysayers, blaming those that wanted the game to succeed and gave specific ways to fix things... but, not the developers who gave next to zero communication, or feedback on those suggestions? Maybe, you should be blaming those people who belittled and trolled all of those players who said that this would happen? It is amazing how anyone can blame the people who actually DID know what they were talking about and how things would go, and how to fix the problems before they occur.

Yeah, good work there.
OP, are you a dev or just a (self) appointed dev representative? :)

What I REALLY mean to say is why would a thread like this be allowed to exist on a subforum ASKING FOR PLAYER FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS?

C'mon mods.
Why aren't we allowed to complain?
Stoutarm

Guildleader: JESUSWEPT (JESUS†)
Am I voicing concerns over various issues with the Xbox version? Yes
Am I still enjoying the game? Yes

Your post shows a lack of understanding of feedback cycles and the importance of voicing concerns over what many players are finding as issues. I am speaking with players in the community, on discord, reddit, and other platforms before i create posts on here. To say that the game will not live up to the PC standards just shows your blatant complacency with mediocrity and acceptance of letting the game be sub-par to the PC game.

I have played the PC version for a while now and supported GGG for a while. There is nothing "gracious" about a company making a game for a new platform, as they are just trying to reach a larger player base, which in turn should make more money for them. This game has been built up and there is an understanding of console gaming that is missing. I and many others have not given up on GGG, but trying to show how much we love this game, providing critical feedback, and hoping that they give us, the customers, what we want.

I would argue that the game, as we know it on PC, is not fully functional on Xbox. The trading is just barely functional, but far too difficult to use. The lack of any chat or integration to Xbox Player Clubs makes the game feel like a single player game without any community (until I come on here, reddit, or discord).

Lastly, I am also a developer and understand that software, games, or whatever app you are making, is a large and difficult process that requires many iterations to get to perfection. It takes lots of feedback cycles with your customers, no matter who they may be. You are making an ignorant assumption that us players, that are not afraid to speak up and give feedback, are haters/whiner/"belly-achers," but really we are just die-hard fans trying to get the best Xbox version that we can. We want GGG to succeed, as that means the game will last longer on PC and Xbox, and we will get more content for our support.

PS: Thanks for the quote!
Last edited by c8die on Aug 26, 2017, 9:33:58 PM
IDK after playing the xbox version to level 8 the controls are beyond horrible for a game like this and so many options (getting a notification that a skill gem leveled when its not on auto level, item filers , video options etc) are missing.

Like trying to pick up a specific item in a group of items that all dropped together is hell. I can't imagine a high level map with shit flying everywhere and using the current system to scroll through which item to pick up. I honestly don't know this wasnt brought up in testing or development.

I think people have a right to be a little bitchy right now. The xbox version is not fun to play. Everything from equipping items to changing and leveling skill gems is tedious and it makes the game a chore to play.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Aug 26, 2017, 9:35:46 PM
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
IDK after playing the xbox version to level 8 the controls are beyond horrible for a game like this and so many options (getting a notification that a skill gem leveled when its not on auto level, item filers , video options etc) are missing.

Like trying to pick up a specific item in a group of items that all dropped together is hell. I can't imagine a high level map with shit flying everywhere and using the current system to scroll through which item to pick up. I honestly don't know this wasnt brought up in testing or development.

I think people have a right to be a little bitchy right now. The xbox version is not fun to play. Everything from equipping items to changing and leveling skill gems is tedious and it makes the game a chore to play.

The only thing I'll agree with is picking up items everything else no GF and friends still enjoying the hell out of it.

If you honestly believe its just console users who bitch for little to no reason then you are either blind or just ignore most of it. Its quite common in most gaming communities but yes people need to chill out and just enjoy the game if they cant they should either wait till they improve it or switch to PC it was more important to make sure the game was actually playable most of the things you guys are complaining about are QoL improvements.
Last edited by ecruz26 on Aug 26, 2017, 9:54:19 PM
If they delayed the game for a month to work on it more,people would be screaming bloody murder.They release it as is so people can at least play it and people are screaming bloody murder.Its a no win situation.

Fixes will come soon enough.In the meantime I'm enjoying playing it from the comfort of my sofa.
Even with all the issues present in the game, I am still enjoying it and will plan on buying more packs soon.

That being said, constructive criticism should be welcomed as it will make the game better. That includes QoL changes to help improve as trying to augment an interface meant for keyboard and mouse does not work so well with a controller. Not saying it needs to be like "other" games but improvements should be made

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info