[3.0] Marty's Phys Cyclone Slayer [HHC level 100 League Starter] Shaper/All Guardians Down.

"
Syche22 wrote:
Well I've ripped a bunch of stuff lately and decided to go back to my breaching roots and start spinning to win again. Pretty bad budget so I won't have a disfavor any time soon. I like how the gear priority is laid out in the guide. What would you recommend would be the minimum requirements for someone not too experienced with uber (health, dps, etc)?

Also were you rank 1 on HHC with this character? I think I saw a similar name rip one night like a week ago or so. If so what got you if you don't mind me asking.

It shows any level 100 that dies as rank 1. I was rank 9 on HHC as you can see if you type /ladder while playing.

I just died because I was being careless while doing lab carries, I went to do argus and asked my carry to wait at the door, he instead went ahead and killed all the mobs leading up to the silver key gauntlet which meant I couldn't get my slayer leech up (immunity to bleed and almost all of our defense particularly in lab) but since it was like my 20th lab that day I didn't really pay attention until I was already in the traps and it was too late.

So not a death that would normally happen to anyone. It's a pretty hard to kill build. Although I had respecced to earthquake for lab because it's far better in there.
Hey man, great build guide. I have been looking at different Slayer Cyclone build guides and I found five good ones but I like this one the most, I absolutely love the upgrade plan that you have outlined. I wanted to ask why you think this version may not be the best to do Shaper. I compared this build with ffod's which apparently does Shaper well(but guide sucks, also less HC friendly than yours) and there are minor differences. Maybe a few regret orbs to get a bit more damage and some gear changes here and there. Do you think I can get started with this build(want to farm beachhead maps as my first goal) and then later make small changes to make it Shaper viable? Or do you think it needs major rework?

Referring to this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1958926
Last edited by wyzim on Sep 13, 2017, 1:46:51 AM
I took the advice and just waited and put all my currency into 6L. I managed to get it in around 1200 fusings. Killed shaper on the first try not really knowing the fight but I Did die once during the healing phase to the space boss, only because I was being lazy. He dropped a starforge so I am back to linking again and will test the starforge with the build. But shaper was cake, great build man, the only one I ever managed to ever kill shaper on after about 1.2k hours.
Why Belt of the Deceiver?
Is The Retch Rustic Sash a good upgrade?
Hi, I was wondering why you are running sword nodes when you wield axe.

Thank you
"
wyzim wrote:
Hey man, great build guide. I have been looking at different Slayer Cyclone build guides and I found five good ones but I like this one the most, I absolutely love the upgrade plan that you have outlined. I wanted to ask why you think this version may not be the best to do Shaper. I compared this build with ffod's which apparently does Shaper well(but guide sucks, also less HC friendly than yours) and there are minor differences. Maybe a few regret orbs to get a bit more damage and some gear changes here and there. Do you think I can get started with this build(want to farm beachhead maps as my first goal) and then later make small changes to make it Shaper viable? Or do you think it needs major rework?

Referring to this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1958926

I have never tried to do shaper so I'm not going to recommend my build for it even if it can easily do it. I'm sure it's capable, like I said in the OP but you'd want to change things around and I don't care to. Maybe I'll try it on my current incarnation in HSC.

"
kwhat420 wrote:
I took the advice and just waited and put all my currency into 6L. I managed to get it in around 1200 fusings. Killed shaper on the first try not really knowing the fight but I Did die once during the healing phase to the space boss, only because I was being lazy. He dropped a starforge so I am back to linking again and will test the starforge with the build. But shaper was cake, great build man, the only one I ever managed to ever kill shaper on after about 1.2k hours.

That's awesome, I'm glad to hear that it worked so well, and congrats on the starforge.

"
mllody313 wrote:
Why Belt of the Deceiver?

Because it's an insane belt, it has a bit of life, a bit of resists, intimidate which makes monsters take 10% more damage and 30% reduced damage from crits, all topped off with a little bit of IPD.

That should be fairly clear just by looking at the belt.

"
Flipppy wrote:
Is The Retch Rustic Sash a good upgrade?

No I do not think the retch is a good item.

"
jppark132 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering why you are running sword nodes when you wield axe.

Thank you

If you read the guide I explained that you will be starting out using a doomsower or kondo's pride until disfavour, both are swords. You respec to axe nodes when you buy disfavour.
Nice Guide Bro, Help me a lot, i need some Upgrades but i can easy run t10-14 Maps :)
"
Exire1987 wrote:
Nice Guide Bro, Help me a lot, i need some Upgrades but i can easy run t10-14 Maps :)

Thanks, I'm happy that it's working out for you.

I ran shaper and all the guardians on my HSC character using this build today, I've made slight changes to the tree to do more damage which definitely is helping for these but otherwise everything's basically the same, didn't bother bringing vaal lightning trap or more damage flasks or anything, wasn't very hard.

I died twice to slams while getting used to the fight but otherwise everything was easy

As for guardians - in order from hardest to easiest I'd say it was:

Minotaur > Hydra > Phoenix > Chimera, I'd be perfectly comfortable doing all except maybe hydra on HC characters in the future with this build.

Hopefully that answers the questions of people wondering about how my build does for them.
Wow man, you delivered! Great job on taking down Shaper with a build not even initially made for it. :D I'm level 82 with your build guide right now, gonna swap to Shaper version at level 93 or something like that. Will you share what you changed in the passive tree for guardians and shaper in the guide? Did you say you now recommend linking Maim to Ancestral Warchief, drop Main from Cyclone 5L setup and go for Inc AoE/Conc AoE instead? Like this:
Ancestral Warchief + Maim
Cyclone + Damage on Full Life + Melee Phys + Ruthless + Inc Aoe/Conc AoE

Then add Maim back to Cyclone when we get a 6L. Is that right? Thanks man.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info