[3.0] || The Retch ★ Slayer/Assassin ★ Archer || [ENDGAME-VIDEO] [ALL CONTENT] [10/14/17]

"
Marxone wrote:
I gave up on this. Tried to convert into non-Brutality lightning Tornado shot from pure phys Barrage, but it's just too boring. Rolling my gear back to my Retch Cycloner. It's more fun.

Well, playing a bow character is different from playing a melee, of course. Guess that's a question of personal taste.
Polished some remarks and added some more stuff over the last couple of days and added a really short Video-Teaser. Pretty much just the end of a Maze of Minotaur run. Hope i'll have some time to make the real video soon.
Last edited by basta1982 on Sep 3, 2017, 11:58:35 AM
Would be nice if there was a path of building link, since your profile is private.
Last edited by fubgun on Sep 4, 2017, 10:03:41 PM
"
fubgun wrote:
"
basta1982 wrote:
Polished some remarks and added some more stuff over the last couple of days and added a really short Video-Teaser. Pretty much just the end of a Maze of Minotaur run. Hope i'll have some time to make the real video soon.

Would be nice if there was a path of building link, since your profile is private.

Already tried to make a working profile, but seems like path of building cannot calculate the synergys of the build or even handle the retch at all. - Or i am just too stupid to make it work, may be possible as well. That's why there isn't a profile yet, sorry.

I'll have to link my own setup to the guide in the meanwhile, i guess. Will do it later, or tomorrow in the morning.
Last edited by basta1982 on Sep 4, 2017, 2:57:45 PM
So quiver-wise, do you think I should buy a conversion Drillneck or should I use my quiver?
"
Darth_Silegy wrote:
So quiver-wise, do you think I should buy a conversion Drillneck or should I use my quiver?

Great quiver, no doubt, but you should still go for a conversion one. Your damage will scale at a certain point only with elemental (lightning) damage and the main-synergy (The Retch-Vessel of Vinktar-Endless Hunger) doesn't work with anything else than lightning-damage. Losing up to 20% conversion is just a too big thing. Your quiver is the better one in a isolated comparison for sure, but not for this build.
"
basta1982 wrote:
"
fubgun wrote:
"
basta1982 wrote:

Already tried to make a working profile, but seems like path of building cannot calculate the synergys of the build or even handle the retch at all. - Or i am just too stupid to make it work, may be possible as well. That's why there isn't a profile yet, sorry.

I'll have to link my own setup to the guide in the meanwhile, i guess. Will do it later, or tomorrow in the morning.

To calculate retch dps you just do the Total DPS + life leech x2. PoB doesn't do it, but it's still easily calculable.

also what do you think about this build in leagues? missing out on GG bows or a 4 proj Reach seems pretty huge for this build, plus less leech as well from vinktars.
Last edited by fubgun on Sep 4, 2017, 11:27:01 PM
"
fubgun wrote:
To calculate retch dps you just do the Total DPS + life leech x2. PoB doesn't do it, but it's still easily calculable.

I know how to calculate it, - wasn't really my point. But if you do link a inaccurate calculation, a lot of people will just check it and don't read anything else anymore.

"
fubgun wrote:
also what do you think about this build in leagues? missing out on GG bows or a 4 proj Reach seems pretty huge for this build, plus less leech as well from vinktars.

I've been playing the slayer-version of it last league, which is more complicated to do in a league, because you got less options for gearing. Clearing the content wasn't an issue. The scion-version is stronger for sure. Maybe i'll have the time to play the build this (or next) league, - don't know yet. If so, i'll give more feedback of course.
Well last league this build wasn't complicated at all, was pretty much standard outside of rare old mods that don't exist anymore (like 60%+ crit multi on necks). But had access to stuff like legacy vinktar and legacy reach.

But i can care less about the total DPS, i want a PoB link so i can see other details that you can't know without calculating them.

Like how much life does this build have, how much MS, if i swap in lesser gear how will it affect my char and ect. Without a PoB link it's just a guess and a gamble or a lot of time spent on doing math.

Also it's a lot more "clean" and easily accessible for anything you need to know. Like gems, skill tree, gear are all 1 click away, rather than having to come back to the thread and scoll up and down and click the drop downs to know what you need, or needing to open another tab for the skill tree.

DPS imo is one of the lesser important features on PoB. Besides people are already less likely to check out a build if it doesn't have PoB, it's pretty much a new standard feature that all build guides do.
Last edited by fubgun on Sep 5, 2017, 12:30:13 AM
"
fubgun wrote:
Well last league this build wasn't complicated at all, was pretty much standard outside of rare old mods that don't exist anymore (like 60%+ crit multi on necks). But had access to stuff like legacy vinktar and legacy reach.

Of course you got the possibility of legacy stuff (even though something like leg. vinktar wasn't really obtainable for like 99% of the people including myself), but i've been talking about "complicated" for different reasons: Lack of passive points, limited damage-scaling, dependance on RotC, because of missing alternatives, dependance on vaal pact, because acuitys doesn't work etc. ...

"
fubgun wrote:
DPS imo is one of the lesser important features on PoB. Besides people are already less likely to check out a build if it doesn't have PoB, it's pretty much a new standard feature that all build guides do.

Will figure something out in the evening, have to go to work now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info