[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
Deamo wrote:
Thought about making this build my first SSF.

Is this viable without the Soul Mantle?

Yes. Your dmg probably won't reach 60k+ tooltip without the mantle though. Probably hovering in 45-50k like mine. Using 4 uniques really stretch resist cap though.
"
tduong wrote:
Is there any recommended helmet enchantment for this build? is the 40% Glacial Cascade phys to cold good?

With the 40% GC phys to cold on helmet you can take out the phys to lightning gem and replace it with something else. So basically, Soul Mantle + helmet enchantment allow you to get a 8l setup.
How do I proc Instrument of Virtue?
"
Ultim8DeLux wrote:

Just place totem, counts as "casted a spell".
What about using

It gives phys and resists and it is a cheap option compared with a rare one. Indeed is missing some life.
"
xpldngmn wrote:
"
Ultim8DeLux wrote:

Just place totem, counts as "casted a spell".

But there´s no Icon showing up as for Arcana Surge, that is showing it proced?
im lvl 91 with decent gear, however im struggling with certain bosses, like hydra or chimera that just shot me without any chance to recover life...

shaper will be worst i think

any advice?
"
tduong wrote:
Is there any recommended helmet enchantment for this build? is the 40% Glacial Cascade phys to cold good?

I would use 40% GC damage enchant instead of conversion. Physical to lightning is a very strong gem. It gives %gained damage and allows for strong shocks on anything other than map bosses with huge HP pool.
"
Exodus_820 wrote:

I would use 40% GC damage enchant instead of conversion. Physical to lightning is a very strong gem. It gives %gained damage and allows for strong shocks on anything other than map bosses with huge HP pool.

This is actually a good point - 40% GC conversion enchant with controlled destruction and 40% GC damage enchant with physical to lightning should not be all that far apart, damage wise. Right?

Edit: After playing around in path of building: Somehow, I get more dps for controlled destruction instead of physical to lightning even without the helmet enchant. Am I missing something?
Last edited by NetherShadow on Sep 13, 2017, 2:23:16 AM
"
Thought about making this build my first SSF.

Is this viable without the Soul Mantle?
I mention in the youtube video that I think Soul Mantle will be necessary from a damage standpoint in the late game. As a first SSF character though I think it will serve it's purpose of farming past red maps without any uniques. I can't speak to if you can kill shaper without uniques because I haven't tried.
"
This is the best helmet enchant because it allows you to grab another gem other than phys to light. Lightning Golem Enchant and GC Damage are not far behind but from a pure DPS standpoint this will be hard to beat.
"
Exodus mentions shock damage against non-bosses here which is a great point, but in my experience trash will melt no problem so your bottleneck becomes boss killing which involves gem swapping conc-effect and controlled destruction (you can no longer freeze or shock using GC) and using Vaal Lightning Trap to shock.
"
Attacking and casting spells. Your movement ability counts as an attack, placing a totem or casting orb of storms counts as a spell.
"
im lvl 91 with decent gear, however im struggling with certain bosses, like hydra or chimera that just shot me without any chance to recover life...
I had somewhere around 5khp/2kmana which allowed me to make some mistakes while learning the mechanics of each fight.
"
What about using Doyani's Invitation Heavy Belt
I see no reason to use that over a mediocre rustic sash unless you're SSF.
Last edited by thi3n on Sep 13, 2017, 12:02:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info