[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
Slowacki wrote:
Possible - yes. Expensive as hell - also yes :) I've managed to find the original thread on reddit of the guy who did the 1st shaper on Chinese server with this build and he's very critical towards 2 x Kikazaru. He says that using them only for the curses is basically not worth it, because of the fact that good rare rings will provide more dps than the Kikazaru - Flagellation setup. I'll probably just continue running with the curse flasks, too.

I'm using 2x Kikazaru and have maxed resistances with gear that cost me about 30c maybe. Belt/gloves/helm with good res/life are dropping in price all the time, and I can tell you for sure that the 2x Kikazaru/Self-Flagellation will definitely be cheaper than using those two good rare rings he's talking about. Base opal rings are still 35c+ on poe.trade and I can only imagine how expensive one with good mod rolls would be.

Between these three slots, 2x Kikazaru, and passive nodes, my resistances are all maxed. The only resistance not maxed under elemental weakness and the 3 single resistance curses is fire resistance, which is at 74% with both curses up.

I don't think the original builder should be so fast to dismiss the Kikazaru route, because the DPS between the two gear setups is going to be really close either way. Pretty much the only thorn in the Kikazaru route is when you have Enfeeble on you, which drops dps by about 3.8%, but without Enfeeble it will take only 6 curses active to be comparable DPS to two Opal Rings with decent mods. 9 curses active, with one being Enfeeble, will overtake two decent Opal Rings in DPS.

TL;DR: Divinarius and 2x Kikazaru/Self-Flagellation should be considered the budget option, and rares with good mods are the expensive option.
Last edited by Dromlin on Sep 5, 2017, 8:38:53 PM
Wow this guide really took off! Big shout out to Exodus_820 for stopping by as well!

About Wands-

Wands are not recommended for this build as you cannot shield charge or whirling blades with wands. In my experience, you'll run into scenarios and boss fights where instant movement is necessary and if you're on a temp chains map or down flask charges for movement speed then you're gonna be in trouble. You can TRY the build with a wand but for end game I highly recommend Dagger/Shield or double dagger. Get used to using those abilities for mobility!

About Kikazaru/self-flag-

I do mention this option in the guide and yes it IS cheaper than essence worm but I think the stats you lose are going to be very hard to fill. You'd most likely need to drop Koams Roots which means you have to choose a different pantheon as well! You don't need insane rings for this build. Life Mana and Resists are not going to be hard to find. The nice to haves with Cast Speed, Crit, and Spell damage are not necessary at all. I was using pretty cheap rings (1-2 chaos) for the Shaper kill.
Just a general question, what would you upgrade next if you were me? My items below:

I know that I need to switch my %Fire Damage ring for something else (it's from the Flameblast era of my build).

I don't really like the Kaom's Roots, because I don't like the idea of always getting hit, I went with the Brine King in pantheon instead.
Last edited by Slowacki on Sep 6, 2017, 7:18:52 AM
"
Just a general question, what would you upgrade next if you were me? My items below:
I tried my best to make it pretty clear on the guide as to what your stat priorities are. Some obvious stuff is that you crafted energy shield on your helm as a prefix when mana would be available. Mana is a better defensive stat due to Mind over Matter. Gearing questions by nature are going to be individual. Are you yoloing ele weakness maps without overcapped resist? Gear for overcapped (109) resist or Bring a resist flask. Are you getting one shot because your HP/Mana pool is too low - get more HP and Mana. Is your clearspeed a problem? Get more crit/multi. You get the point.
Last edited by thi3n on Sep 6, 2017, 12:07:37 PM
"
thi3n wrote:
Are you yoloing ele weakness maps without overcapped resist? Gear for overcapped (109) resist or Bring a resist flask.

Flasks of Warding remove map mod curses as well, so if you're going the flask route to remove curses I don't see that you really need to go for overcapped anymore. Of course this is assuming it's working as intended, but it has been like this since 3.0.0c from what I've experienced.
It functioned that way at the start of the league but it no longer removes map curses.
Thanks for this build dude, currently level 90, and still at 0 /deaths. great build! :D
My gear is not great, but its doing the trick, i'm resist capped on all, resists are:
(Fire-75/115 / Cold-75/96 / Lightning-75/99)
Currently farming T15's, gonna try guardian's soon :D

Spoiler

Last edited by KingCaracticus on Sep 9, 2017, 6:44:30 PM
"
Dromlin wrote:
"
Slowacki wrote:
Possible - yes. Expensive as hell - also yes :) I've managed to find the original thread on reddit of the guy who did the 1st shaper on Chinese server with this build and he's very critical towards 2 x Kikazaru. He says that using them only for the curses is basically not worth it, because of the fact that good rare rings will provide more dps than the Kikazaru - Flagellation setup. I'll probably just continue running with the curse flasks, too.

I'm using 2x Kikazaru and have maxed resistances with gear that cost me about 30c maybe. Belt/gloves/helm with good res/life are dropping in price all the time, and I can tell you for sure that the 2x Kikazaru/Self-Flagellation will definitely be cheaper than using those two good rare rings he's talking about. Base opal rings are still 35c+ on poe.trade and I can only imagine how expensive one with good mod rolls would be.

Between these three slots, 2x Kikazaru, and passive nodes, my resistances are all maxed. The only resistance not maxed under elemental weakness and the 3 single resistance curses is fire resistance, which is at 74% with both curses up.

I don't think the original builder should be so fast to dismiss the Kikazaru route, because the DPS between the two gear setups is going to be really close either way. Pretty much the only thorn in the Kikazaru route is when you have Enfeeble on you, which drops dps by about 3.8%, but without Enfeeble it will take only 6 curses active to be comparable DPS to two Opal Rings with decent mods. 9 curses active, with one being Enfeeble, will overtake two decent Opal Rings in DPS.

TL;DR: Divinarius and 2x Kikazaru/Self-Flagellation should be considered the budget option, and rares with good mods are the expensive option.

Hi there.
About the two Kikazaru setup Vs Rare rings/essence worm setup, don't forget that Self-Flagellation takes 1 jewel socket as well. A three property rare dps jewel with good crit multi can easily out-dps pure %increased damage even with max curses on yourself, let alone the fact that you need to actually take time to build up curses on yourself to get full damage benefit.
Other than resistances, the big mods you will also miss on rings by going 2 Kikazaru are life, flat mana and mana regen. All these mods are very important to raise your EHP value to above-one-shot threshold in fights like shaper and uber-atziri.
Another factor you mentioned in another reply already is that warding flasks can now remove map curses. Thus going rare rings with a perma uptime warding flask is more of a better use of current game mechanics.

And on a side note, here is a video of an pretty casual Uber Atziri run with worst scenario possible:
Vaal bosses instantly dives below at fight start.
Trio bosses trigger before placing totems.
I had extremelt mediocre jewels and 5 chaos-ish rings. Character was level 100 tho.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av14260914/
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Sep 8, 2017, 4:05:55 PM
Thought about making this build my first SSF.

Is this viable without the Soul Mantle?
Is there any recommended helmet enchantment for this build? is the 40% Glacial Cascade phys to cold good?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info