[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Anyone can look at my gear and help me improve it? Easily killed every boss other than uber elder where i needed some help :)
Hey there, liking the build so far, not having much trouble with most of the content. However, I tried ilvl 83 Mastermind fight last night and just barely failed it. Was wondering if anyone has tips for tweaks in the build to survive the fight a bit easier? I feel like my damage was fine but i was getting one shot by a lot of mechanics, and with very few chances to practice the fight I want the ability to mess up a bit and not get instantly gibbed next time around.
For another unique amulet suggestion, I would like to offer the Star of Wraeclast:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Star_of_Wraeclast

* +(20-30)% to Fire Resistance
* (30-50)% increased Cold Damage
* +(10-15)% to all Elemental Resistances
* 60% increased Area of Effect of Curse Skills
* You cannot be Cursed with Silence
* Grants Level 20 Illusory Warp Skill

While it is not the best for the end-game, I've been content using it through T16 maps. It lacks life and extra dps, but the dps and resists are decent for the price. Plus if you only use Flame Dash sparsely the Illusory Warp can be a substitution, which also saves a gem slot.
"
Hey there, liking the build so far, not having much trouble with most of the content. However, I tried ilvl 83 Mastermind fight last night and just barely failed it. Was wondering if anyone has tips for tweaks in the build to survive the fight a bit easier? I feel like my damage was fine but i was getting one shot by a lot of mechanics, and with very few chances to practice the fight I want the ability to mess up a bit and not get instantly gibbed next time around.
This is a super mechanical heavy fight and this build really lacks regen over the course of a long fight. I recommend trying to read up on the fight and get quickly through the stages because if you're trying to sustain and go slowly and learn the fight on this build it will be rough.

"
Would thief's torment be a good ring for the curse reduction?
Does not do much for the build. The gain on hit's are meant for builds hitting often like Barrage/KB/TS/Multistrike/etc.

"
For another unique amulet suggestion, I would like to offer the Star of Wraeclast:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Star_of_Wraeclast

* +(20-30)% to Fire Resistance
* (30-50)% increased Cold Damage
* +(10-15)% to all Elemental Resistances
* 60% increased Area of Effect of Curse Skills
* You cannot be Cursed with Silence
* Grants Level 20 Illusory Warp Skill

While it is not the best for the end-game, I've been content using it through T16 maps. It lacks life and extra dps, but the dps and resists are decent for the price. Plus if you only use Flame Dash sparsely the Illusory Warp can be a substitution, which also saves a gem slot.
Sounds like a cool ammy for the build. I always encourage people to experiment with items/gems etc to make the build their own!
How does this build fare in deeper delves, say 600 depth or below?
"
hankinsohl wrote:

I highly doubt anyone has accomplished that with this build, but maybe someone sees this can prove us wrong and help us build!

What do you guys think will be more damage? 10% non-chaos as extra chaos + 20% as extra fire damage OR 30% cold damage + 20% cold penetration?

Last edited by DolphinCarpet on Jan 14, 2019, 2:58:53 PM
What do you think about adding "Spiritual Aid" and "Lord of the dead" in to this build. Pob tells me its a dps boost about 70k, 388k dps to 450k dps per totem for me. Im considering it for lvl 94 btw.
Last edited by Datakult on Jan 14, 2019, 3:27:47 PM
"
Datakult wrote:
What do you think about adding "Spiritual Aid" and "Lord of the dead" in to this build. Pob tells me its a dps boost about 70k, 388k dps to 450k dps per totem for me. Im considering it for lvl 94 btw.

Looking forward to seeing people's thoughts on this one too. Can get some sick dps upgrades from crafting using minion damage and life.

"
I haven't gone that deep on this build.

"
What do you guys think will be more damage? 10% non-chaos as extra chaos + 20% as extra fire damage OR 30% cold damage + 20% cold penetration?
Path of building is great at calculating this because it will depend on how much cold pen you have already and not many "as extra" multipliers you already have. They are probably pretty close in terms of damage and the cold pen won't show up on your sheet if trying to compare.

"
These are great nodes depending on what you need. I find myself gravitating towards jewel nodes but I don't think I've ever leveled the build past 90-91 as I generally use this as a league starter and then switch off to other builds.
*deleted*
Last edited by DolphinCarpet on Jan 15, 2019, 11:23:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info