[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Thanks for the reply! I'm actually going to give that Curse on Hit setup a go. Never used anything like that on a build. You didn't mention what levels though?
I just switched from Arc at level 60, so it's been a rougher transition than if I had just leveled in the from the beginning.

How much of a DPS increase in Cold Penetration support? POB says it's a downgrade in DPS compared to every other gem, but I assume it's different because of resistances?
"
warlord13179 wrote:
How much of a DPS increase in Cold Penetration support? POB says it's a downgrade in DPS compared to every other gem, but I assume it's different because of resistances?

Cold penetration support scales with the monster’s initial resistance. You’ll also have to factor in -% cold resists like frostbite curse and frost bomb. My theory is that -% cold resists is deducted first before penetrating whatever resistance is left e.g. 75% resist mob -25% cold from frost bomb = 50% which is further penetrated by cold pen(let’s just say 20% pen) so you’ll be dealing with 30% cold resistance. Some bosses like shaper have curse effectiveness reduced by x% (80% for shaper) so if frostbite does -50%, you’ll effectively be only reducing 10% resist. For context, shaper has 40% all resist iirc. There’s nothing on shaper with regards to penetrating resists so I’m assuming that’s where cold pen willl shine as it won’t get scaled down too much.

PS: this is based on my own logic towards how this whole cold pen vs -% cold resists work.

TLDR: cold pen for bosses and hypothermia for anything else could be the way to go since both are green gems.
Last edited by Dominicyu91 on Dec 14, 2018, 5:13:46 AM
does the +1 totem worth the 2 ex to craft it?
How I can use whirling blades?, it seems I can´t choose it and use it... I have linked in gloves, when I only use dagger I can use it, but when I put my sceptre in the other hand, I can´t use it, How you do my friend?...

I mean, curses, when you use essence worm, and two-stone ring, in long fights, how do you deal with curses?...
Last edited by Jeyken75 on Dec 14, 2018, 4:06:53 PM
"
Jeyken75 wrote:
How I can use whirling blades?, it seems I can´t choose it and use it... I have linked in gloves, when I only use dagger I can use it, but when I put my sceptre in the other hand, I can´t use it, How you do my friend?...

I mean, curses, when you use essence worm, and two-stone ring, in long fights, how do you deal with curses?...

Well this should be a given but whirling blade only works with daggers, claws and swords. So it won’t work with other weapons. Also with effect from 3.5, you’ll need to be using the same weapons when dual wielding to use skills which are weapon limited like WB.

Firstly, totem placement and frequency between summoning totems will definitely help to minimise curses received. You wanna time it to always have maximum number of totems out but only re summoning for the crit strike buff. You could use atziri’s mirror/reflection as well. I would use 2 anti curse flasks but I honestly feel dual kikazarus are better thanks to the regen and curse effectiveness reduction. That way with self flagellation and slightly overcapped resists I don’t have to worry about curses.

On a side note, if you’re taking too Long for bosses you probably could work on getting more DPS.
"

It all depends on your ascendancy and if you’re using multiple totems and/or soul mantle.

As OP mentioned, the 5th totem for a 4 totem setup will mean 25% damage increment but for a 3rd totem in a 2 totem setup you will be doing 50% more damage. That’s not taking Ritual or Awakening into account.

I’m doing 4 totems without multiple totems or shield mod. 2 per cast means I only have to cast twice for maximum damage output. A 5th one is definitely added quality of life but not a must IMO as it may potential mess up my cast cycles or whatnot.
Thanks so much
"
Chocobonbon wrote:
"

It all depends on your ascendancy and if you’re using multiple totems and/or soul mantle.

As OP mentioned, the 5th totem for a 4 totem setup will mean 25% damage increment but for a 3rd totem in a 2 totem setup you will be doing 50% more damage. That’s not taking Ritual or Awakening into account.

I’m doing 4 totems without multiple totems or shield mod. 2 per cast means I only have to cast twice for maximum damage output. A 5th one is definitely added quality of life but not a must IMO as it may potential mess up my cast cycles or whatnot.

i have the same set up as you have. yeah i will stick with 4 totems,maybe later in the league when i have a bunch of exalts i will try it but for now the price is a little steep
Little confused on the converting physical damage part.

Is the 40% GC Physical converted to cold all that is needed if I get rid of the issue? Or do I have to also stack Long Winter Jewels?

Ideally, I would love to use gloves other than Hrimsorrow to free up slots AND NOT use the 2 Long Winter Jewels for other jewels, but that might be unreasonable.

Last edited by DolphinCarpet on Dec 15, 2018, 5:38:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info