[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

As a content creator it's great to see people take the build and make it their own! You guys both have individual preferences:

For RushBone - Doesn't want to play without Kikazaru.
For R3pl4y - Took a twist on the flasks with Blood of the Karui.

Both of you guys got Uber Elder kills! Congrats guys!

Throughout the guide and posts I see people using different helm/boot enchants, different gem/utility setups, and obviously a huge range of different rare items. If you're new and coming into these threads don't be afraid to experiment with something to make the build your own!
"
thi3n wrote:
As a content creator it's great to see people take the build and make it their own! You guys both have individual preferences:

For RushBone - Doesn't want to play without Kikazaru.
For R3pl4y - Took a twist on the flasks with Blood of the Karui.

Both of you guys got Uber Elder kills! Congrats guys!

Throughout the guide and posts I see people using different helm/boot enchants, different gem/utility setups, and obviously a huge range of different rare items. If you're new and coming into these threads don't be afraid to experiment with something to make the build your own!

actually I got like 40 UE kills already, but managed first deathless kill only 3 days ago :)
i run BotK too, since like two weeks I believe.
Last edited by RushBone on Jul 6, 2018, 2:37:04 PM
Hi mates! First of all i wanna thanks Thi3n for the guide. I have been playin incursion since day -1 with Elementalist BV and Uber Elder just kick my ass 4 times, so i think its time to test new things. I lvl up this char in 2 days and my only purpose now is to kill uber elder, so, i left here my gear and if you see anything wrong i apreciate it if you say to me.

Second thing, a quick question. My helmet gems are now "whirling blades - faster attacks - blood magic -fortify", and the point is, im focusing on uber elder, so it is not worth to change for example fortify with arcane surge? I mean, fortify is ok for maps, but for bosses, you wanna use whirling blades to evade things and most probably you will not hit anything in 90% of uses. And most important, i will have arcane surge buff all the time because im spamming whirling blades.

Thank you all. My gear:

Spoiler

Edit: I dont need to say that im working on gloves hahaha. Im looking for a good fingerless one.
Last edited by automecanic on Jul 6, 2018, 7:47:30 PM
converting 150% of physical damage to cold :)
fingerless gloves are really unimportant, 16% incr is nothing, enchants are also sometimes useful, then we have very cool vaal implicites.
anything works there fine, just replace.

as thi3n always says, the build is highly flexible and you can try and find what suits you.

but if you read the gem description directly:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arcane_Surge_Support

"Each supported spell will track how much mana you spend on it, granting a buff when the total mana spent reaches a threshold. Cannot support skills used by totems, traps, or mines."

doesnt work with attacks, thats it.
put culling strike 20% there, level is unimportant, but quality of culling strike adds another 10% attack speed for whirling blades
"
RushBone wrote:
converting 150% of physical damage to cold :)
fingerless gloves are really unimportant, 16% incr is nothing, enchants are also sometimes useful, then we have very cool vaal implicites.
anything works there fine, just replace.

as thi3n always says, the build is highly flexible and you can try and find what suits you.

but if you read the gem description directly:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arcane_Surge_Support

"Each supported spell will track how much mana you spend on it, granting a buff when the total mana spent reaches a threshold. Cannot support skills used by totems, traps, or mines."

doesnt work with attacks, thats it.
put culling strike 20% there, level is unimportant, but quality of culling strike adds another 10% attack speed for whirling blades

Thanks for answer rushbone. I will put a culling strike instead of fortify, that 10% of MS sounds great.

Another quick question, how many dps in tooltip do you need (more or less) to beat uber elder? I think im on 55k~, but maybe my problem is life, i have 4400, 4500-4600 with a new gloves, 500 ES and 1000 mana unreserved.
Hi, New Poe player here. Comeing from D3.

Saw this build on youtube, really happen fun with if so fare.

Could some kind soul look at my gear and give some tips please.
I find my survivability okayish. But damage on rares and boss seems low.

I would be grateful for any help.

To thi3n:

I leveled like 10 chars now in HC (xD)
and think we can improve the leveling section.

If you want I will write a detailed guide for leveling this build
Last edited by RushBone on Jul 9, 2018, 9:24:55 AM
"
Hi mates! First of all i wanna thanks Thi3n for the guide. I have been playin incursion since day -1 with Elementalist BV and Uber Elder just kick my ass 4 times, so i think its time to test new things. I lvl up this char in 2 days and my only purpose now is to kill uber elder
Best of luck hunting down Uber Elder!

"
Hi, New Poe player here. Comeing from D3.

Saw this build on youtube, really happen fun with if so fare.

Could some kind soul look at my gear and give some tips please.
I find my survivability okayish. But damage on rares and boss seems low.

I would be grateful for any help.
Take a look at the in-depth section in Gear

"
To thi3n:

I leveled like 10 chars now in HC (xD)
and think we can improve the leveling section.

If you want I will write a detailed guide for leveling this build

Sure. Please note that I made the leveling section SSF/league start friendly so any recommendations of "just buy X" will not be considered for the guide.
"
thi3n wrote:

Sure. Please note that I made the leveling section SSF/league start friendly so any recommendations of "just buy X" will not be considered for the guide.

of course :)
but it will differ from your recommendations.

We start with Templar and rush this way: www.poeurl.com/bZo7
We use any wands/sceptres from drop, all gems are Templar questline

Mainskill progression:
Frostbolt
Frostbolt + Arcane Surge
Frostbolt + Arcane Surge + Added Lightning

Important: utilise Frost Bomb on bosses, u can kill any boss even 5 levels higher using it

Utility: Flame Dash (+ Arcane Surge if you want)

Advice: do the Tidal Island quest and use the Quicksilver ASAP

After we got Ancestral Bond, we go this way: www.poeurl.com/b0qA
We continue to use anything that drops

Mainskill:
Spell Totem + Frostbolt + Added Lightning (+ Faster Casting if you got 4L)

Auras:
Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
Get them ASAP in Act 2.

Utility for bosses always Frost Bomb! never forget to use

Get to Act 3.

Switch to Glacial Cascade ASAP.

Mainskill:
Spell Totem + Glacial Cascade + Concentrated Effect + Faster Casting

Aura: Hatred (poetrade 1alch). Drop heralds, no need any more.

At this point we almost always have enough currency to buy The Princess.
I never had problems to get currency for two of them on a fresh start (poetrade 2 alch).
Get one or two Princess, look for the ones that have gain 27%+ as cold.

Get Whirling Blades (poetrade 1alch).
Buy Faster Attacks in Act2 to support Whirling Blades.
Now you can really move, Flame Dash only for jumps.

Get to Act 4, reach Crystal Veins waypoint.
Do Normal Lab, take +1 totem.

Tree: www.poeurl.com/b0rA

tbc :)
Last edited by RushBone on Jul 10, 2018, 5:09:59 PM
Can i play this build on Standard? I need to change something? And why not Shamanistic Fury?
Last edited by raulbsc on Jul 12, 2018, 9:28:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info