[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

patch is UP!

What does exactly mean the change to hypothermia for us?

Thanks
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on May 29, 2018, 10:19:47 PM
Hey, I want to use this build as a template for an arc totem build in Incursion. Do you have any tips as to how to go about changing the tree?
I understand that nothing has changed in 3.3? This guide is viable for 3.3?
"
patch is UP!

What does exactly mean the change to hypothermia for us?

Thanks
We will no longer be using Hypothermia as a support gem. I already did not mention hypothermia outside of the questions and answers section where I'll be removing it entirely.

"
Hey, I want to use this build as a template for an arc totem build in Incursion. Do you have any tips as to how to go about changing the tree?
No.

"
I understand that nothing has changed in 3.3? This guide is viable for 3.3?
Why wouldn't it be if nothing has changed... XD

----------------------------

TL;DR - Build is actually fine if not better for 3.3, Hiero is the strictly better option in this patch.

No nerfs to Glacial Cascade. No nerfs to Shaper Stat sticks. No nerfs to anything relevant to our build.

However, there are some changes I'll be making to the guide. Adding Vaal Impurity of Ice to recommended skill gems. Removal of Inquisitor as an ascendancy option (I feel Hiero is just strictly better at this point).

As uniques get spoiled I will talk about relevant ones as gear options.

I won't be filming another YouTube video until I have played the build in Incursion and can talk to how Vaal Impurity of Ice "feels" in terms of how good it is in boss fights which is when you need it the most. The "feel" will be around how soul generation and radius of aura does to our positioning in the highest levels of content as well as what the overall uptime of the aura will be (potentially supported by Increased Duration or Efficacy). Depending on this it could mean moving away from Cold Penetration alltogether as a stat. Meaning Ele Weakness and Frost Bomb for the absolute endgame could be unnecessary. This could have mean changes into our gem for manually casted defensive curses or something else to get Arcane Surge. We don't know what we don't know yet but for those interested in using this as a league starter... just know that it will function just fine.
If I understand correctly, normal skills can now run off their vaal version gems. In that case, would Purity of Ice run off of Vaal Impurity of Ice when we do not have enough souls for Impurity of Ice?

If yes, then perhaps a Wise Oak would allow us to convert the extra cold resistance provided by Purity of Ice into cold pen while Impurity of Ice is down (assuming that Impurity of Ice sustain isn't as comfy as we'd like it to be)?

(could be totally off about all of this, fairly new to the game)
"
SoulTouched wrote:
If I understand correctly, normal skills can now run off their vaal version gems. In that case, would Purity of Ice run off of Vaal Impurity of Ice when we do not have enough souls for Impurity of Ice?

If yes, then perhaps a Wise Oak would allow us to convert the extra cold resistance provided by Purity of Ice into cold pen while Impurity of Ice is down (assuming that Impurity of Ice sustain isn't as comfy as we'd like it to be)?

(could be totally off about all of this, fairly new to the game)

You get 2 buttons for any vaal skill gem in your gear. The vaal skill and the default skill - you can choose which one to use
You do not have to run purity of ice to use vaal purity of ice, the vaal gem simply gives you the skill in addition.
whats bad with Hypothermia? Look for gem status here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2150625

Still 39% more Damage with hits and ailmnents against chilled enemies like before.
The new part is an additional 39% more DOT cold damage against all enemies.

Doesn't look bad for me. Still viable against enemies you can chill.
Last edited by Rumpelzuck on May 31, 2018, 4:24:13 AM
Thanks for the guide, will use that build as a starter and then transition into ARC totems with 2 shimmeron wands :)

greetings
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
i just started playing the game about 3 weeks ago, this was my first build i played as and love it, so it is going to be my first character in 3.3, thanks so much for the build and all the guidance writen in to it, hope you get a good start in 3.3 :)
Last edited by Juppla on May 31, 2018, 10:27:30 AM
did frostbolt totems for the past couple of leagues and it was good fun but the DPS was lacking a bit,so i'll try this for 3.3 as a starter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info