[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

hello friends, I'm a newbie in poe and I'm trying to follow this build as indicated in this post, but get to the part where you added the Ancestral Bond skill, I understand that I do not hurt with any other gem that is not cheating or totems, but at what point do I begin to place totems if I only have glacial cascade, I skip a step? why supposedly the build is totem but I do not have totem gems, only glacial cascade. Could you please help me.
"
CrsuhCrusher wrote:
hello friends, I'm a newbie in poe and I'm trying to follow this build as indicated in this post, but get to the part where you added the Ancestral Bond skill, I understand that I do not hurt with any other gem that is not cheating or totems, but at what point do I begin to place totems if I only have glacial cascade, I skip a step? why supposedly the build is totem but I do not have totem gems, only glacial cascade. Could you please help me.

Personally, when I leveled I didn't start using totems until I did my first Labyrinth
"
CrsuhCrusher wrote:

Hi, Im pretty sure the issue here is the guide recommends an item called "Soul Mantle". This item let you gain 1 "free" link because it grants spell totem level 20 to the gems socketed there.

If you don't use this armour, you need to link your glacial cascade to the spell totem gem in order to use them.

Cheers.

*Spanish answer:
Buenas, creo que eres el mismo que le preguntó a pableras y aunque ya le comenté a él que te respondiera con lo que creo que es el problema cuando me consultó tu duda, te lo repito aquí por si lo lees antes.
Esta guía utiliza el Soul Mantle, que es una armadura que te da spell totem gratis —sin necesidad de usar la gema llamada Spell totem— a lo que esté engarzado dentro de esa armadura.
Si no usas la Soul Mantle, como me pasa a mí por ejemplo al jugar HC SSF (no puedo comerciar, etc.) necesitas linkear spell totem + glacial cascade + los support que elijas. Yo te recomiendo controlled destruction + faster casting (me gusta más que physical to lightning), hasta que tengas nodos de crítico o hasta que conviertas casi todo o todo el daño físico a frío, por ejemplo con los guantes Hrimsorrow o con joyas, en cuyo caso considero Cold Penetration y Hypothermia gemas a tener en cuenta. Aunque no verás que te sube el dps con ellas en la casilla de la habilidad, la mejora se nota, porque es un dps "oculto" al bajarle las resistencias a tus enemigos, o funcionar cuando están chilled etc.

Cualquier cosa que dudes o necesites, me whispeas ingame y te contesto.

Un saludo!
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on May 18, 2018, 6:01:38 PM
Hello.

This build looks exciting, and have started, but only at level 20.

But eventually, I will be in mapping, etc, and I see references to getting "shaper weapons", like a dagger.

How does one search for shaper daggers on POE's own trade site?
"
Valmar wrote:
"
CrsuhCrusher wrote:

Hi, Im pretty sure the issue here is the guide recommends an item called "Soul Mantle". This item let you gain 1 "free" link because it grants spell totem level 20 to the gems socketed there.

If you don't use this armour, you need to link your glacial cascade to the spell totem gem in order to use them.

Cheers.

*Spanish answer:
Buenas, creo que eres el mismo que le preguntó a pableras y aunque ya le comenté a él que te respondiera con lo que creo que es el problema cuando me consultó tu duda, te lo repito aquí por si lo lees antes.
Esta guía utiliza el Soul Mantle, que es una armadura que te da spell totem gratis —sin necesidad de usar la gema llamada Spell totem— a lo que esté engarzado dentro de esa armadura.
Si no usas la Soul Mantle, como me pasa a mí por ejemplo al jugar HC SSF (no puedo comerciar, etc.) necesitas linkear spell totem + glacial cascade + los support que elijas. Yo te recomiendo controlled destruction + faster casting (me gusta más que physical to lightning), hasta que tengas nodos de crítico o hasta que conviertas casi todo o todo el daño físico a frío, por ejemplo con los guantes Hrimsorrow o con joyas, en cuyo caso considero Cold Penetration y Hypothermia gemas a tener en cuenta. Aunque no verás que te sube el dps con ellas en la casilla de la habilidad, la mejora se nota, porque es un dps "oculto" al bajarle las resistencias a tus enemigos, o funcionar cuando están chilled etc.

Cualquier cosa que dudes o necesites, me whispeas ingame y te contesto.

Un saludo!

Hola! Valmar, ahora entiendo como es el tema de los totem y seguiré tus consejos para armar mi personaje, muchísimas gracias por la ayuda y que les vaya de maravilla.
Hello there :)

I have to say im having great fun leveling this build.
But now that im reaching the point where i have to choose my ascendancies i'd like to inquire about something.
The guide mentions a Inquisitor variant with Consecrated Ground.
Has anyone build his/her character that way and feedback to share?

Hope you guys have a nice day
Kaffeeplanze

Great guide, having pretty fun and easy time mapping, looking forward to do big bosses :) One thing that probably should be mentioned in the gear guide in boots section - the "Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently" enchant, because it should work with totems and really good for hierophants :) With my gear it gives me more dps than crit echant (while using Diamond Flask at least) in PoB. Cheers!
Hello i'm following your build and i really enjoy it by now.

But there's a problem that how do you survive on no regen map? You can't use leech because all the hp and mana will be delivered to the totems, not your char.

I assume that you will use the flasks but is it enough for you to survive, I'm not so sure about it.
Last edited by lingo1410 on May 21, 2018, 12:36:02 AM
"
lingo1410 wrote:

But there's a problem that how do you survive on no regen map? You can't use leech because all the hp and mana will be delivered to the totems, not your char.

I assume that you will use the flasks but is it enough for you to survive, I'm not so sure about it.

You use flasks, but it's one of the most annoying things to deal with this build. I would advise to avoid this mod , even if it's doable.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
"
lourun_coria wrote:
"
lingo1410 wrote:

You use flasks, but it's one of the most annoying things to deal with this build. I would advise to avoid this mod , even if it's doable.

thank you so very much, i will try to avoid no regen map as much as I can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info