[3.0] [Shaper Video] [SC] Rune's Dark Pact Trickster - The Flagellant.

"
noescape80 wrote:
Spoiler
"
engharat wrote:
I'm thinking about the following modification: rippling thoughts sword, giving up haste for herald of ice+some support, getting more free mana that would us (maybe) skip weave of the arcane for taking Shade form. Then, as we would have an harbinger, we would go on the belt which give ES leech when life is full, and finally we would skip acrobatics.
Similar to the variation played by the author until lvl 93, it would let us play a nice hybrid build, the cast speed lost in the dagger is recovered by the harbinger 50% of the time plus 20% more damage and the mana regen that would help us cast without going out of power.
Finally, freeing up some gem slots, we could put on the sword phys to lightning, lightning penetration, added lightning, and try to see if the shock cascade plus hoI aoe damage would kill trash mobs for us.
We would lose haste benefits, but gain HoI shatter on nasty mobs (porcuspine)
Edit: going with a skin of the loyal robe (and an empower 4 on it) we could get nice damage as well, and the 100% increased global defence seems to be nice with Shade form - together with all ES/eva pieces we could get around, it could easily reach 500+ ES I supppose.
What do you think about it?

This sounds really nice. I wonder if the lightning dmg is high enough to shock bosses tho?
Worth trying out for sure. Probably better suited for trickster than my current build.

another question: what do you think about apep rage? does it provide an high damage boost similar to a good crit dagger?
But I just noticed the issue - we cannot use 1 wand and 1 dagger at the same time :(
Spoiler
"
engharat wrote:
"
noescape80 wrote:
Spoiler
"
engharat wrote:
I'm thinking about the following modification: rippling thoughts sword, giving up haste for herald of ice+some support, getting more free mana that would us (maybe) skip weave of the arcane for taking Shade form. Then, as we would have an harbinger, we would go on the belt which give ES leech when life is full, and finally we would skip acrobatics.
Similar to the variation played by the author until lvl 93, it would let us play a nice hybrid build, the cast speed lost in the dagger is recovered by the harbinger 50% of the time plus 20% more damage and the mana regen that would help us cast without going out of power.
Finally, freeing up some gem slots, we could put on the sword phys to lightning, lightning penetration, added lightning, and try to see if the shock cascade plus hoI aoe damage would kill trash mobs for us.
We would lose haste benefits, but gain HoI shatter on nasty mobs (porcuspine)
Edit: going with a skin of the loyal robe (and an empower 4 on it) we could get nice damage as well, and the 100% increased global defence seems to be nice with Shade form - together with all ES/eva pieces we could get around, it could easily reach 500+ ES I supppose.
What do you think about it?

This sounds really nice. I wonder if the lightning dmg is high enough to shock bosses tho?
Worth trying out for sure. Probably better suited for trickster than my current build.

another question: what do you think about apep rage? does it provide an high damage boost similar to a good crit dagger?
But I just noticed the issue - we cannot use 1 wand and 1 dagger at the same time :(

apep's is good, not great. My daggers are better, For defence, mobility and dps. apep's is easy entry level item tho, for other classes.

I went with daggers to use whirling blades tho, so just held apeps for 10 secs to test dps.
Okey good to know!
My last question for today: what do you mean by 25sec arcane surge? I do not understand well your Immortal call + arcane surge setup + inc. duration setup, you manually cast Immortal call that should receive something like 0.40 sec * 1.74(inc. duration) * 4.5 (3 end charges) = 3.1 sec of immortal call, but what about arcane surge?
I switched to the build from a Blade Vortex one recently and I am enjoying it a lot, thanks for the guide. There are a few things bugging me, though: In the passive tree of the original post, you skilled Acrobatics but neither the improved Acrobatics nor Phase Acrobatics. This confuses me since you already have the drawbacks of the first keystone but skip both the better normal dodge chance and the - in my opinion - very useful spell dodge. Is this on purpose?

Also, what is the reasoning behind not taking the "Method to the Madness" skill chain? Shouldn't more chaos damage be very desirable to this build?
"
engharat wrote:
Okey good to know!
My last question for today: what do you mean by 25sec arcane surge? I do not understand well your Immortal call + arcane surge setup + inc. duration setup, you manually cast Immortal call that should receive something like 0.40 sec * 1.74(inc. duration) * 4.5 (3 end charges) = 3.1 sec of immortal call, but what about arcane surge?

arcane surge is a buff, immortal call gives 150% increased buff duration per endurance charge. Thus when using immortal call with endurance charges your arcane surge lasts for 25 secs with 3 charges.
With self cast you can also pre cast it and keep it up longer.
"
Jaemal wrote:
I switched to the build from a Blade Vortex one recently and I am enjoying it a lot, thanks for the guide. There are a few things bugging me, though: In the passive tree of the original post, you skilled Acrobatics but neither the improved Acrobatics nor Phase Acrobatics. This confuses me since you already have the drawbacks of the first keystone but skip both the better normal dodge chance and the - in my opinion - very useful spell dodge. Is this on purpose?

Also, what is the reasoning behind not taking the "Method to the Madness" skill chain? Shouldn't more chaos damage be very desirable to this build?

Yes to both, i would like to get all of what you mention, but i do not have the points for it.

Increased chaos dmg is nice, but the build already has ALOT of increased damage. chest, helmet, both weapons, both rings, so taking the inefficent method to madness nodes is not a priority. They give very little damage for 4 passives.

Same goes for the dodge nodes, if you want to suggest something to drop on the passive tree to get 4 passives im all ears. Life? no ty, damage? hmmm probably not. But hey, you can make variations on the build to your hearts content. This is just my version and a rough guideline and starting point for you to use and modify as you see fit.
Last edited by noescape80 on Oct 14, 2017, 10:05:19 AM
"
noescape80 wrote:
"
Jaemal wrote:

Yes to both, i would like to get all of what you mention, but i do not have the points for it.

Increased chaos dmg is nice, but the build already has ALOT of increased damage. chest, helmet, both weapons, both rings, so taking the inefficent method to madness nodes is not a priority. They give very little damage for 4 passives.

Same goes for the dodge nodes, if you want to suggest something to drop on the passive tree to get 4 passives im all ears. Life? no ty, damage? hmmm probably not. But hey, you can make variations on the build to your hearts content. This is just my version and a rough guideline and starting point for you to use and modify as you see fit.

Good to know, thanks for the answer. And I didn't want to criticize you, it just suprised me, especially since the linked passive tree had eight points left :)
I didn't noticed this nice immortal call behavior, thanks for the answer!
Because I deeply hate to lose points on the three navigating too much between zones, and because I'm enjoying my 2K ES on top of 4k HP, I can suggest my skill three modification: if you can see my character, I skipped Acrobatics and the life points and the crit points under acrobatics, along with the jewels there.
Instead, I took the second curse on the witch zone(losing few points to reach) and you can freely choose between assassin mark, temp chains and enfeeble, then I took crit nodes on the left and some life nodes with very few skill point wasted. I can take one another jewel slot at 3 distance like in the acrobatics zone for level 89, and I have taken chaos damage nodes which were already on our path.
I didn't do the calculation on path of building about damage, but I'm wasting less points taking nice nodes and I'm happier for that ;)
"
engharat wrote:
I didn't noticed this nice immortal call behavior, thanks for the answer!
Because I deeply hate to lose points on the three navigating too much between zones, and because I'm enjoying my 2K ES on top of 4k HP, I can suggest my skill three modification: if you can see my character, I skipped Acrobatics and the life points and the crit points under acrobatics, along with the jewels there.
Instead, I took the second curse on the witch zone(losing few points to reach) and you can freely choose between assassin mark, temp chains and enfeeble, then I took crit nodes on the left and some life nodes with very few skill point wasted. I can take one another jewel slot at 3 distance like in the acrobatics zone for level 89, and I have taken chaos damage nodes which were already on our path.
I didn't do the calculation on path of building about damage, but I'm wasting less points taking nice nodes and I'm happier for that ;)

That sounds alot like what i did when i leveled, before i got good gear. Except for second curse tho.
I found a second curse gives very little to the build since guardians and shaper have 80% curse resist, and everything else dies so fast it doesnt matter anyway.

But if you prefer it that way then go for it!
Spoiler
"
Jaemal wrote:
"
noescape80 wrote:
"
Jaemal wrote:

Good to know, thanks for the answer. And I didn't want to criticize you, it just suprised me, especially since the linked passive tree had eight points left :)

Oh i had no intention of coming off as offended in any way, i was kinda thinking out loud there, i very much appreciate any input or discussion. It's cool to see what others are doing with the concept.
Last edited by noescape80 on Oct 15, 2017, 9:42:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info