[3.1] OutofMilk's Physical ST (Shaper down on Budget!. Clears all content including U-Atziri!)

feel like your damage isnt all that high of pob. surprised your taking down guardians so fast.

edit: nvm looking at pob wrong lol
Last edited by Pharcri on Aug 27, 2017, 11:15:45 PM
"
Pharcri wrote:
feel like your damage isnt all that high of pob. surprised your taking down guardians so fast.

Hey Pharcri,

gotta remember that PoB isn't handling 2x Scourges well in the PoB. Our dps is way higher than what PoB would show!
Hello,
Firstly I'd like to thank the author for this awesome guide, I'm really having fun (so far lvl 48).
I am a rookie PoE player and I've got few questions:
How do you get 8 Frenzy charges (both in video and PoB)? Can't figure it out, 3 base, 3 passives, 1 ascendancy.

Why only lvl 8 Blade Vortex? Lvl 20 gives more radius and can't see any disadvantage of leveling it.

Do BV with curse and BV with Power Charge work simultaneously or do they override each other?

Is Enlighten necessary (because of mana problems)? I had in mind something like 2L A: Cast on crit(20)-golem(20)-(unlinked)Hatred(20); 2L B: CWDT(1)-Immortal call(1)-(unlinked)Herald of Ash(20). Like this, we could cast immortal when taking 528 damage instead of 3272.

What sheet DPS do I need to be comfortably utilizing Damage on full life? I'm really hesitant right now (sitting at 1100 at lvl 48). Similar question about mana leech (still using 2x elreon rings).

Does Scourge's +% minion attack speed contribute to our AS?

What's more important to get on Scourges'? Higher AS or base physical damage (when saving some currency early on)?

What is better to aim for? Less linked Belly or more linked rare +life/res (Can't see how I will ever make 400-500chaos for 6L Belly, while mediocre rare 6L could be possible)?

Is Dying sun flask basically tripling our damage (3 projectiles hitting instead of 1)? Doesn't it mean GMP is basically doing x5 damage and is better than slow projectile on bosses?

Apologies for so many questions :).

"
AgentDunham wrote:
Hello,
Firstly I'd like to thank the author for this awesome guide, I'm really having fun (so far lvl 48).
I am a rookie PoE player and I've got few questions:
How do you get 8 Frenzy charges (both in video and PoB)? Can't figure it out, 3 base, 3 passives, 1 ascendancy.

Why only lvl 8 Blade Vortex? Lvl 20 gives more radius and can't see any disadvantage of leveling it.

Do BV with curse and BV with Power Charge work simultaneously or do they override each other?

Is Enlighten necessary (because of mana problems)? I had in mind something like 2L A: Cast on crit(20)-golem(20)-(unlinked)Hatred(20); 2L B: CWDT(1)-Immortal call(1)-(unlinked)Herald of Ash(20). Like this, we could cast immortal when taking 528 damage instead of 3272.

What sheet DPS do I need to be comfortably utilizing Damage on full life? I'm really hesitant right now (sitting at 1100 at lvl 48). Similar question about mana leech (still using 2x elreon rings).

Does Scourge's +% minion attack speed contribute to our AS?

What's more important to get on Scourges'? Higher AS or base physical damage (when saving some currency early on)?

What is better to aim for? Less linked Belly or more linked rare +life/res (Can't see how I will ever make 400-500chaos for 6L Belly, while mediocre rare 6L could be possible)?

Is Dying sun flask basically tripling our damage (3 projectiles hitting instead of 1)? Doesn't it mean GMP is basically doing x5 damage and is better than slow projectile on bosses?

Apologies for so many questions :).

Hey Dunham, no worries about asking questions, i'm happy to see people playing my build and i will try to answer as best as i can.

1. 8 Frenzy charges: We get 3 base, 3 from tree, 1 from ascendancy and 1 from boots.

Edit: The +1 Frenzy charges on boots is not required!

2. When it comes to Blade Vortex. It is linked to Cast when Damage taken. The blade vortex itself does close to no dmg, but the meaning of it is to generate power charges to further amp our Spectral Throw. Cast when damage taken lvl 1 can only support gems upto level 38. Blade Vortex at lvl 8 is lvl 38. Since we don't want the dmg portion of blade vortex, we want them going off as soon as possible as a Cast When damage taken lvl 20 would take too long to activate.

The power charges itself doesn't help us alot when it comes to mapping. This power charge setup is mostly for bosses where we basically "melee" them with slower projectiles, meaning blade vortex hits them alot

3. I have yet to try the Blade Vortex Curse on hit setup. But since we are able to have 20 Blade vortexes up at the same time i do believe they can still pop up. Not sure yet, will test!

4. Enlighten isn't necessary. It is mostly there for personal preference as i wanted to have a more comfortable mana pool.

Also, the reason we have a high lvl CWDT linked with Golem is so we can get more Accuracy/Crit from the golem. (The higher the level golem, the more stats it gives us)

5. You should be using Damage on Full Life all the time (I used it with leveling aswell). With the amount of leech we get from this build the only time we die is from oneshots meaning the gem will have 100% uptime. (You can see my facetank minotaur video for a better example)

6. The minion attack speed on Scourge do not apply to us.

7. The higher dps Scourges you can get the better. We already have enough Attack speed through the tree and frenzy charges. The attack speed on scourges are more of a "cherry on the top" kind of thing.

8. If you cannot afford a 6L belly a high life rare chest is more than fine. The 6L is ALOT of dps. If you check my 138 chaos gear value Shaper section at page 1 you can see my budget version chest i used (it even had the wrong gem colors).

9. Dying Sun helps our mapping clear, but the main reason we use is to increase our single target dps. GMP isn't good single target, it's hard to explain, but if you test it yourself you will quickly notice the difference between GMP and Slower Projectiles.
Last edited by outofmilk on Aug 28, 2017, 8:16:02 AM
"
outofmilk wrote:
"
Pharcri wrote:

Hey Pharcri,

gotta remember that PoB isn't handling 2x Scourges well in the PoB. Our dps is way higher than what PoB would show!

huh did not know that about PoB
Struggling with mana, currently running on a 5L

Anyone any suggestions?
"
Boltonsquads wrote:
Struggling with mana, currently running on a 5L

Anyone any suggestions?

Use Elreon rings while leveling!
@outofmilk
Thank you for the answers.

The idea was that if you dropped Enlighten, you would spawn lvl 20 golem with Cast on Crit and Immortal could be cast with lvl 1 CWDT. So you would still get golem 20. But I don't know how much Immortal matters unless a big hit is taken, because of the insane life leech. Additionally, I don't how much does having less mana reserved ease the playing experience, since I'm still depending on Elreon's rings :).
"
AgentDunham wrote:
@outofmilk
Thank you for the answers.

The idea was that if you dropped Enlighten, you would spawn lvl 20 golem with Cast on Crit and Immortal could be cast with lvl 1 CWDT. So you would still get golem 20. But I don't know how much Immortal matters unless a big hit is taken, because of the insane life leech. Additionally, I don't how much does having less mana reserved ease the playing experience, since I'm still depending on Elreon's rings :).

Hey Dunham.

What you say sounds interesting, but i don't feel like it would suit my playstyle, i would love to see you test it out and give me feedback with results, if it is initially better i can add it as a suggestion to a 2L-2L!

Immortal call is essentially a "get out of jail" card as it can save you from 1 big hit.
Last edited by outofmilk on Aug 28, 2017, 2:23:35 PM
Hello I used your build which is really good just having troubles in sustaining MAPS and saving currency to upgrade new gear which I only have 52C atm and i have done almost all yellow maps sadly could you give any tips on how to sustain ? the only good thing i got on my gear is that im using a corrupted 6L which only costed me 10c with 2 res and high life I really suggest on using decoy totem when having a low life pool since in the early stages of mapping it's really RIPPY . what did you do to make life easier ? currently at lvl 82 with super budget gear only 4.2k life and 8 frenzy charges hopefully you could check my Profile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info