[3.3]Elemental spectral throw pathfinder, good endgame and maps farmer

Hi, this is currently the build I have bookmarked to play in the Abyss league.

Just on what we know about VP, my thought is that Thief's Torment ring or Atziri's Acuity can be used as replacements for that node.

Anyone tried using a regret orb on removing VP and doing end game stuff?
"
Eathb wrote:
Hi, this is currently the build I have bookmarked to play in the Abyss league.

Just on what we know about VP, my thought is that Thief's Torment ring or Atziri's Acuity can be used as replacements for that node.

Anyone tried using a regret orb on removing VP and doing end game stuff?

hello. Thief's torment is bad cause you will waste 2 ring slots on it. Acuity's are now bad too as you can see in dev's manifesto. Maybe new vp will be ok, since reflect will be reworked, but idk, wait for tomorrow's patch notes.
It seems to me that while VP was nerfed, it's still your best bet at survivability for this spec.
Use this shield to help with leach, wont that help make the nerf to vp hurt as much?

"
chinez123 wrote:
Use this shield to help with leach, wont that help make the nerf to vp hurt as much?

well this shield gives you phys leech and your physical damage is too low.
That's a very good point, I didn't think of that, most of our damage is elemental
lycosidae much rarer now :(
Yea is this build still going to be a viable starter? it's not looking good :/

I think at this point i'm going to commit to it and see what i can do. I usually don't play enough to switch to another build after the start anyway. I'll just try to find accuracy on gear i guess. Is there a certain amount i should aim for before I can afford the shield (which will probably be pricy now :/)
Last edited by Dessel4 on Dec 5, 2017, 10:25:37 PM
"
Dessel4 wrote:
Yea is this build still going to be a viable starter? it's not looking good :/

I think at this point i'm going to commit to it and see what i can do. I usually don't play enough to switch to another build after the start anyway. I'll just try to find accuracy on gear i guess. Is there a certain amount i should aim for before I can afford the shield (which will probably be pricy now :/)

it will be still a good starter. I doubt that lyco's will be too pricy, but you need to aim at 88+ hit chance, you can easily get that with ice golem and accuracy on your gloves i think.
tbh this build is still tier 1...

only thing changed was lyco drop rate, and at worst it'll only be maybe 1-2 ex if I can make a guess. who knows, it may be more than that.

make following changes and you should be ok:

accuracy on gloves, easy with gripped
rare shield, evasion based so it can roll accuracy (can also get extra life/resists this way)
ice golem
if you need more, min/max your gear and consult extra nodes on tree

good thing about going claw is you pick up some nice accuracy nodes by default without having to go out of your way

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info