[3.0] Dual Wield Sunder - budget friendly/SSF Shaper/end game viable(w/mini ssf guide) Now Video!

"
yao86w wrote:
"
guiniol wrote:
I dropped a Singularity Platinum Sceptre. If I put it in my offhand, the damage increase should work for sunder, right? I'm confused because it says "71% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments against Hindered Enemies". Sounds pretty cool if it works, but I sad because I can't use whirling blades. What would be the next best thing for replacing whirling blades?

Yes it works the same as "nearby" mod on belt of the deceiver. The range is 25 which is like 1.5-2inches around your character. Not ideal but usable. The 30% increased elemental damage helps a bit with hatred as well. You can use leap slam instead of whirling blades to move around.

I tried that for a bit, but leap slam is so much clunkier than whirling blades that I stopped using the scepter. I just couldn't kite and evade properly. On top of that, the added damage didn't really feel to make much of a difference. I looked into other spells to put hinder on foes, but they're all channeled spells except abyssal cry, but that last one has the same size as the aura from the scepter ^^ So back to whirling blades for me.

"
yao86w wrote:
"
guiniol wrote:

So, I ID'd a bunch of ES gloves and helmets, and I crafted a nicer ring, and almost all of my resists are maxed (except lightning which is at 73%). However, I now have less armour than at the beginning. Is that really better?

For a concrete example, I now have a belly of the beast (which gives me about 500HP). What would a chest have to look like so that I replace the belly of the beast ? Is any 6L better? (not that I have any ^^). How does the trade off changes if I have a kaom's roots (I already dropped one of the cards)?

Armour doesn't matter that much. For body armor if you find a 6socket astral you can try to 5l it for probably more resist and better damage. You should id all pieces that you can use. Basically anything besides pure dex or int pieces is fine.

Ok. I have found a few 6sockets but they're all int based (and even one 6L bow!), so I'll keep ID'ing anything that is at least partially str based.

Thanks for all the tips!
I have tried your build and killed Shaper easily.Thank you so much for sharing!
Thanks a lot for writing up this guide. I'm new to 3.0 and I have had a good time trying out a lot of different builds. So far all the builds I tried fell short without some serious investment, which i just don't have, even though they announce it as a budget build.

With this build I 1-shot eternal lab with a tabula rasa. Been progressing nicely on the Atlas, I should reach the guardians fairly soon, and just having a good time without pouring several exalts into it.

Why would you choose a weapon that has accuracy rating and build a bit of crit in the skill tree if you have Resolute Technique?
Thanks for the feedback guys. I Love to hear y'all doing well/enjoying the build.

"
Decadent_Omar wrote:
is it worth sacrificing life+res for a 40% sunder damage enchant unique helmet like devoto's, rat's nest etc. ? anyway gonna roll a character soon and purchasing some things, looks good and will update when I got updates
also is there pastebin for path of building somewhere?
edit: nvm found out how to import char to PoB

Just a plain armor helm with sunder damage would be best. If starkonjas is cheaper and you dont need the resist then that is ok too.
Last edited by yao86w on Oct 17, 2017, 10:55:07 PM
is it worth sacrificing life+res for a 40% sunder damage enchant unique helmet like devoto's, rat's nest etc. ? anyway gonna roll a character soon and purchasing some things, looks good and will update when I got updates
also is there pastebin for path of building somewhere?
edit: nvm found out how to import char to PoB, also is it better to have prismatic sword on 3R or 3G ?
Last edited by Decadent_Omar on Oct 18, 2017, 8:43:00 AM
Maybe I'm having a special moment, but your guide refers to the leech nodes at the bottom of duelist, however your tree doesn't show that you've taken any leech nodes in duelist at all?

If this is a case of taking temporary nodes, e.g. before you get Pain Reaver and then dropping them after getting Vaal Pact, what does the tree look like at that midpoint? Otherwise, can you clarify what nodes you're talking about?

Sorry If I'm being stupid. Using this in Mayhem race. It is great. But doesn't whirling blade need to be a weapon, yet you list it with 3 other gems? Could you just clear this up for me please mate. Respect for the build.
"
Sorry If I'm being stupid. Using this in Mayhem race. It is great. But doesn't whirling blade need to be a weapon, yet you list it with 3 other gems? Could you just clear this up for me please mate. Respect for the build.

Blood Magic, Faster Attacks and Fortify are all support gems. If you mean where the gems are socketed, then no, attack/spell gems don't need to specifically be in a weapon to be used. Which piece of equipment things are in is (as far as I know) only a big factor if you're running multiple Cast on Damage Taken gems.
With the change of the vaal pact the build is still strong? remains viable for 3.1?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info