[3.0] Dual Wield Sunder - budget friendly/SSF Shaper/end game viable(w/mini ssf guide) Now Video!

"
I decided to switch some things around. I'll need more resist gear before koams roots but I'm going to try and do that.

I removed blood magic, got rid of the old helm and got some + resist nodes, gives me 100k + extra damage at the expense of about 300 or so health which seems like a great trade off to me.

Which do you think would be the best helm enchant? I was using the life reserve from herald of ash mostly because herald still does a decent amount of cleave damage but also I just like how it feels with the mtx. Without the enchant for 30% less reserve, blood magic was way too much of a burden on my hp.

Also, other than steel rings and kaoms, what do you think could really push this build further? higher phys dps weapon?

Probably the 40% sunder damage enchant. Without blood magic you should have no prob with auras. As for your second question yes steel rings higher damage weapons and if you have the currency good jewels help a lot. That one jewel you have is 18% attack speed, that's at least 3 passive points worth of stats and the jewel is only 3 affix. Also I think abyssus is a bit dangerous for tough bosses but for farming maps it's fine.

"
Also, how do you deal with phys reflect? I use enduring cry on cd for mobs, and make sure not to attack between the 1 second window till the next proc of immortal, but doing the boss seems impossible

Plus I fuck it up still some times

I have phys to lightning swapped in for conc effect and hrimsorrow unique gloves. You'll do 100% ele damage but it's noticably less damage. I only had to use it on corrupt maps I'm trying to complete otherwise I'd rather reroll the map.
Build looks good. Maybe i try this, too.

But have you considered, take doryani's catalyst + tempestuous steel.
The 80-100% elemental damage increase from catalyst would synergise well with the 15+15% added ele from tempestuous and hatred.

The pdps from the doryani is almost like your rare axe.

1. Would you think, this is a stronger combination than yours?

2. Moreover, do you think, you could kill shaper/uber atziri witz a soultaker?

Maybe someone can do path of building and calculate the damage ompare to the gear in the start post?

Sadly you are playing ssf, otherwise you could try this combination.
Last edited by A7X89 on Aug 27, 2017, 5:48:21 AM
I actually got doryani's from atziri. It's 50 dps less than my axe but by having faster base attack speed, siege axe beats it by utilizing added damage from jewelry much better. For example lets say you have 35-65(50avg) added phys damage in jewelry, for me it's 9aps with dori and 10.7 with siege which means its about another 75dps more with siege axe. Another thing is the ele damage doesn't scale as well because we have no penetration so it's resisted by almost all boss and rares with "resist elemental damage" mod. Phys damage on the other hand gets mitigated less by armor the more damage you do. I would of recommend vulnerability if it didn't have such a high int requirement.

As for your second question I only got 2 mortal grief so it might be awhile before I can try uber atziri. Shaper was killed with 1 portal left. Soultaker is a ok weapon. It's less dps than a decent rare but you can use herald of ash.

These question's I've gotten are really good btw. If you guys don't mind I'll put these in a FAQ section in the guide.
Last edited by yao86w on Aug 27, 2017, 3:11:53 PM
I made a calculation with path of building.

With your gear you have 288k dps (effective dps). I take out haste of your kaom roots, because it isnt a active aura
But i think it should be more dps. The calculation with prismatic offhand doesnt work, it seems, with the green/red sockets, dont know. But for the example, its not important.

If i take a good roll soul taker, i have 263k (effective dps). But, i can add now herald of ash because of no mana issues due to soul taker. Now i have 292k dps (effective dps)

Overall I can have the same dps as your dps with a soul taker.

All in all, i try this build and see what i can reach. :)

BTW: Did you killed Uber Atziri too?
Last edited by A7X89 on Aug 28, 2017, 10:41:03 AM
Nope havent gotten to fight uber atziri yet. As for dps yes around that in hideout. Realistically I think we can factor in "use frenzy charges" for regular mobs, "have been hit recently" and enemy maimed cuz we attack so fast with main support. "have been savage hit recently" is not always activated but it's another ~55k dps and mostly active for boss fights. For the prismatic you can double click and edit. Then remove the "per red/green socket" text and change the value accordingly to sockets so you can have a sense of it's added damage.
Last edited by yao86w on Aug 28, 2017, 8:54:34 PM
Thanks for guide, nice build. One thing I noticed: if you take Sleight of Hand instead of Ambidextrous, you get a couple more thousand DPS as well as set yourself up for Blood Siphon.

www.poeurl.com/bvQf (you can confirm in PoB)

"
If i take a good roll soul taker, i have 263k (effective dps). But, i can add now herald of ash because of no mana issues due to soul taker. Now i have 292k dps (effective dps)

To match his current axe, you'd need a 330+ pdps soul taker, which is equivalent to a 365+ pdps rare axe in price. Cost-wise, it's not as efficient.
"
dqvdqv wrote:
Thanks for guide, nice build. One thing I noticed: if you take Sleight of Hand instead of Ambidextrous, you get a couple more thousand DPS as well as set yourself up for Blood Siphon.

www.poeurl.com/bvQf (you can confirm in PoB)

"

To match his current axe, you'd need a 330+ pdps soul taker, which is equivalent to a 365+ pdps rare axe in price. Cost-wise, it's not as efficient.

Yep nice catch I didn't think about that option up there.

Thanks for the tip ill swap out to that
I cleaned up guide a little bit bolded sections and added faq section.
At which point should I attempt Uber Lab as SSF? It is correct that last ascendancy to take is Aspect of Carnage? How much impact it has?
I'd say low to mid 80s and close to 5k life for uber lab. Ascendancy goes norm:crave the slaughter, cruel:aspect of carnage, merciless:pain reaver and uber lab:cloaked in savagery. Sorry if that was unclear in the guide. Since you took pain reaver should get aspect of carnage from merciless lab next then.

The last ascendancy cloaked in savagery with the vaal pact keystone is very good. You can face tank anything that doesn't one shot you. I feel it's not necessary until higher tier maps so I suggest taking the damage and leech ascendancy before that.
"
yao86w wrote:
I'd say low to mid 80s and close to 5k life for uber lab. Ascendancy goes norm:crave the slaughter, cruel:aspect of carnage, merciless:pain reaver and uber lab:cloaked in savagery. Sorry if that was unclear in the guide. Since you took pain reaver should get aspect of carnage from merciless lab next then.

The last ascendancy cloaked in savagery with the vaal pact keystone is very good. You can face tank anything that doesn't one shot you. I feel it's not necessary until higher tier maps so I suggest taking the damage and leech ascendancy before that.

What if I took Cloaked in Savagery in merciless lab? Will I have hard time to kill Uber Izaro without 40% more damage buff (but with vaal pact and cloaked)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info