[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

By no means is this build "dead", or that Necromancer got "nerfed to shit".

Look at the passive skill tree, guys. We took literally no nodes, whatsoever, for getting block chance, yet we were able to get 70+ block for attacks and spells (if using Advancing Fortress), even without a Rumi's Concoction or Tempest Shield. It does show clear evidence that Offerings with Mistress of Sacrifice was extremely powerful and unbalanced.

If you needed the block chance so badly (My case, for example), there are ways to go around the changes to Necromancer ascendancy. This build is not dead, whatsoever. It can survive through the changes that it has suffered.

Hue
"
Agrippas258 wrote:

Look at the passive skill tree, guys. We took literally no nodes, whatsoever, for getting block chance, yet we were able to get 70+ block for attacks and spells (if using Advancing Fortress), even without a Rumi's Concoction or Tempest Shield. It does show clear evidence that Offerings with Mistress of Sacrifice was extremely powerful and unbalanced.

If you needed the block chance so badly (My case, for example), there are ways to go around the changes to Necromancer ascendancy. This build is not dead, whatsoever. It can survive through the changes that it has suffered.

While I really want it to be true, I've found 11% block nodes + 7% spell block nodes in reasonable spaces near the build. And that will take 12 talent points which is quite a number imo. The Bone offering buff on you was nerfed by 17.5/17 block and now it will be harder to get to block cap on this build. Will be still trying to build it most likely.
Damn that node with bone offering is stupid design imo, they just force you to cast offering every 4 seconds.. RIP necro was fun while it lasted.
ok stop. this build is far from dead.

having block like that was incredibly OP especially with shaper/elder shields.

Its more balanced now, and im totally fine with that.
Last edited by Planisphaerium on Feb 26, 2018, 4:18:19 PM
"
FonaR007 wrote:
"
Agrippas258 wrote:

While I really want it to be true, I've found 11% block nodes + 7% spell block nodes in reasonable spaces near the build. And that will take 12 talent points which is quite a number imo. The Bone offering buff on you was nerfed by 17.5/17 block and now it will be harder to get to block cap on this build. Will be still trying to build it most likely.

Ok. I see your argument, and that's fine. As you can see in this guide, Rumi's Concoction is a flask that is not even used in this build. With 10-20% attack block and 6-10% spell block, we can gain a lot of it back. Remember that bone offering is temporary, as so is this flask. My block chance, as of now, is sitting at 75/72. After change to mistress of sacrifice, it's another story of course. But it's not impossible to get back up to 70+ block for attacks and spells. We invested 0 nodes into the tree for block chance and have 10k EHP. That's a lot. We can definitely spare some of that.
Hue
"
Zoricus wrote:
can this build (TV boss killer version) be run with biscos and 2x ventors?

Yep, easily, the only downside is you likely wont have 70/70 max block.

Allthough, that's not even remotely needed anyway when farming T6-T12 maps for currency and drops with a Bisco's and 2 x Ventor's anyway.

You can also just drop the Bisco's and roll a Elder/Shaper amulet with increased quant on it (with any block/life/res rolls as well), then farm T15/16 areas instead. It works out to be pretty much the same if not even better value than doing lower content with a Bisco's, because almost all ilvl85/86 base items start at a couple of chaos in value each & skyrocket from there, with shaped/elder high ilvl base items worth a small fortune.
I'm not seeing what all the hyperventilating soyboi's in here are reeking about to be honest, in terms of the build "being dead".

Most builds are considered "Tanky" when they have 5k-6K+ life, with decent armour/eva/es and about 30% block chance on top.

Were still going to be cruising with an easy 8K+ effective life with MOM, 3k+ armour, 1k+ es, 1K+ evasion, 50/50+ block and all-res easily capped with an an excess of like 50+ to all resistances. Then on top of that, our damage is still top notch and we can easily use a flask to get back an additional 10% block chance.

I cleaned house on all 4 Guardians this season with fully modded maps, while running MF rings and a MF amulet & still had zero issues creaming them deathless. If a bit of block chance is all were getting hit with, I'll be laughing my way to the bank again this season.
I'd be surprised if they didn't nerf TV spectres in patch notes coming up
I thought the changes to necro would be a lot worse than what we got. Still going to play this as a league starter. But if there are dramatic nerfs to spectres in the patch notes, cooldowns to offerings, only then I'll play something different. Still looking great guys. It just means you can't sit there always when fighting bosses. I
Guys, let the doomsayers squeal and moan. More and cheaper 5/6L Vis Mortis for the rest of us!

Maybe I'll go with Necromantic Aegis and Victario's Charity instead, skip block entirely. Pretty sure I can build an infinite Energy Shield regained build and not need the block in the first place.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info