[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Grafdelver wrote:
No problem man. You'll have a blast once it's set up right. 😉

Yup, been going smooth so far. What's the appropriate split for spectres? 3 Tuko 1 Wicker? I've seen some people dropping the Wickerman entirely and just running 4 vanguards for max damage. Any guidelines?
Gonna test solars for mapping after I've done an uber and shaper run with the burning spectres.
"
Krish25 wrote:
Looking forward to running this in 3.2, not sure if i want to read all the 400+ pages to soak up all the info regarding this build.

Could one of you kind people write down some tips for people willing to start this build in 3.2.

Have a good day, Thanks!
The leveling section in the OP should suffice.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
d3sden0va wrote:
"
Grafdelver wrote:
No problem man. You'll have a blast once it's set up right. 😉

Yup, been going smooth so far. What's the appropriate split for spectres? 3 Tuko 1 Wicker? I've seen some people dropping the Wickerman entirely and just running 4 vanguards for max damage. Any guidelines?
Gonna test solars for mapping after I've done an uber and shaper run with the burning spectres.
Just dump the wickers entirely. After you've done uber and shaper, you should try shaper again with SGs, just to see the dps output comparison.

Remember to use appropriate curse / AG setups tho. Might be worth burning a few respec points on the tree as well.
"
AlexAndonov wrote:
Does golem's buff affects the spectres or just me ?
Also, if I use 5 link vis mortis, which skill should I remove ? thanks :)
actually i have to choose between elemental focus and spell echo , coz I have 5 link b-b-b-r-g
Golem only affects you - this is why we tend to use Stone Golems, to increase your own survival. No point boosting your damage when your specs are doing all the dps.

Unless you invest in some primal jewels, then you can boost damage from flame golems high enough that they matter. No point doing that with SGs, though, they already have killer clear speed, and the FGs don't matter much against high level bosses.

Spell Echo over Elemental Focus.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
AlexAndonov wrote:
Does golem's buff affects the spectres or just me ?
Also, if I use 5 link vis mortis, which skill should I remove ? thanks :)
actually i have to choose between elemental focus and spell echo , coz I have 5 link b-b-b-r-g
Golem only affects you - this is why we tend to use Stone Golems, to increase your own survival. No point boosting your damage when your specs are doing all the dps.

Unless you invest in some primal jewels, then you can boost damage from flame golems high enough that they matter. No point doing that with SGs, though, they already have killer clear speed, and the FGs don't matter much against high level bosses.

Spell Echo over Elemental Focus.

Thank you, your answer was very helpful :) I hope I am on the right way with my setup..coz I got confused with so many posts and opinions.I dont know if my profile is visibile,I have very bad gloves..and I red that I dont have to use skullhead and sidhebreath..but i dont have SoL with nice corruption so I use rathpit globe :D
I played this build during league some, but abandoned it much earlier than I probably should have (got bored / found PP VD). Anyway, I'm planning to return to it next league. I'm debating whether or not this would be my starter. While waiting for league, I'm booting up a practice Sunder and practice Spectre to see which i like better, but curious for thoughts.

My concern with Spectre is that, while very capable as a starter, it's going to stall mid-game as the early demand for the mid-game uniques (boots, claw, etc) is going to price them high for a starter and there-by cutting damage and survivability down. Where as Sunder, while a bit boring, requires little to make it to currency farming.

(Recognizing that all things may change once we see patch notes).

What do folks think?
Just wanted to say thank you so much! I am an xbox player who has put in a ridiculous amount of hours since launch and learned so much about this amazing game. Up until this point Witch and the top part of the tree were very foreign to me as I usually play some short of ranger or marauder. I decided to give this a try and went with the necromantic aegis and tukohamas fortress version and got my first shaper kill ever at lvl 79!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this great build and amazing detailed guide. One reccomendation that helped my defense tremendously if anyone here decides to go necromantic aegis was use of a Rumis. Did a good job with bone offering spam to make up for the block I lost from giving my minions my shield benefits! Good luck to all and thanks so much!!!
"
Aevaris wrote:
I played this build during league some, but abandoned it much earlier than I probably should have (got bored / found PP VD). Anyway, I'm planning to return to it next league. I'm debating whether or not this would be my starter. While waiting for league, I'm booting up a practice Sunder and practice Spectre to see which i like better, but curious for thoughts.

My concern with Spectre is that, while very capable as a starter, it's going to stall mid-game as the early demand for the mid-game uniques (boots, claw, etc) is going to price them high for a starter and there-by cutting damage and survivability down. Where as Sunder, while a bit boring, requires little to make it to currency farming.

What do folks think?
I've run this build as a starter for the last two leagues, and the leveling items are common enough it's not a problem at all.

Furthermore, there's quite a bit you can do even without the unique items - I've seen quite a few folks kill Shaper with a Tabula, for instance. Hell, even the guys playing SSF are still doing alright.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Aevaris wrote:

What do folks think?
I've run this build as a starter for the last two leagues, and the leveling items are common enough it's not a problem at all.

Furthermore, there's quite a bit you can do even without the unique items - I've seen quite a few folks kill Shaper with a Tabula, for instance. Hell, even the guys playing SSF are still doing alright.

That's fair. I forgot that this build really knee's into OP mid-A5, especially once you get the violent dead gem. I got both of my practice starters (who I basically played as SSF figuring it to be close-ish to league start) both to A6. This build, while maybe a little slower, far out does Sunder (at least with my internet and play style). Innocence and Kitava (A5) deathless on Spectre, cant say the same for my Sunder.

Edit: For giggles, I'll probably try ED between now and league start but this'll almost certainly (pending patch notes) be my starter.
Last edited by Aevaris on Feb 25, 2018, 5:25:20 PM
Hey guys,

Been playing this build since I got back after 4.5 years lol. Been enjoying it thus far.

My main question is what is the IDEAL 6L gem set up for Solar Guards Vs. T. Vanguards? I initially thought elemental focus prevented burn damage but found out that burn damage is not an ailment. Im torn between ele focus, burn damage support and controlled destruction. Thoughts?

Also, if anyone would care to look at my profile and point out any major weaknesses gear/gem wise it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info