[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

I'm testing this character on standard as a potential league starter for next league, getting myself acquainted with spectre mechanics, etc. Things were going smoothly until I started trying to hit some red maps and my spectres started getting shredded by bosses. I've got a level 20 spectre gem, Vis Mortis, Skullhead, all my ascendancy points taken, t13 spectres, 75% res on them, and they were getting fucked up by a t12 shaped ashen wood boss and a t13 shaped atoll boss. I've seen them tanking shaper and uber so I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Any ideas? My profile is public, character OnAccountOfThePoison.
"
Norc wrote:
Thanks for the response, yes, one of my options I'm considering is definitely heiro totems. I'm concerned about the early game price of the related uniques though and love necro survivability, so not sold yet.

Can anyone confirm whether solar guards can survive reflect maps?
They can, but it's tough in some cases. I did a t15 corrupted 8 mod with all the bad resist mods - ele reflect, lower max resists, elemental weakness. I had to go slow and pull back to heal my SGs every mob or two, and actually had to portal back a couple times to heal faster, but I completed the map including a twinned boss without dying or losing a spectre. My Stone Golem bought the farm a couple times, but he's easy to replace.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
d3sden0va wrote:
I'm testing this character on standard as a potential league starter for next league, getting myself acquainted with spectre mechanics, etc. Things were going smoothly until I started trying to hit some red maps and my spectres started getting shredded by bosses. I've got a level 20 spectre gem, Vis Mortis, Skullhead, all my ascendancy points taken, t13 spectres, 75% res on them, and they were getting fucked up by a t12 shaped ashen wood boss and a t13 shaped atoll boss. I've seen them tanking shaper and uber so I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Any ideas? My profile is public, character OnAccountOfThePoison.

Classic mistake! Lvl 14 descecrate. This results in lower lvl spectres. Get a lvl 20 asap and go get some shaper lvl spectres.

Your troubles will be over.
"
Wyrade wrote:
Hi!
Can someone please confirm the base resists of animated guardian for me?
This guide says 40/40/40/20, while the wiki says 25/25/25/0. Which info is the outdated one?

Also, can the animated guardian use "The Bringer of Rain" ("Can't use chest armour") together with a chest armour? Or will the chest armour's effects be disabled? Or will the chest be destroyed as if having been equipped another chest over it?

And if someone could clarify why the guide implies "Chance to Ignite" can be used with these spectres, that would be great too. Afaik it only affects hits which the scorching rays and righteous fires are not.
I'm pretty sure the resists on the wiki are accurate. AG can absolutely use both BoR and a chest piece, and get the benefits from both. :)

Chance to ignite... Right, about that. If you put it in the spectre 6L, it's supporting your Tukohama's Vanguards, which are capable of hitting, not 'your' totems, which are not. I don't recall if anyone has actually given it a thorough test... I vaguely recall someone might have in the last 50 pages or so, but I'm entirely too lazy to go digging for that at the moment.
"
Norc wrote:
I'm looking to find a strong alch-vaal-go T15/T16 mapping build for a 3.2 league starter. Can the Solar Guards hold up in ele reflect maps? If not, will I rip out my hair waiting for the TVs and Wickers to clear?

Thanks!
Solar Guards should have no problems clearing maps and bosses up to and including most of the guardians. They even do Guardians and Shaper pretty well, if slower than TVs. The only challenge I've run into is Uber Atziri - the reflect on her is plain ugly.
"
Grafdelver wrote:
"
d3sden0va wrote:

Classic mistake! Lvl 14 descecrate. This results in lower lvl spectres. Get a lvl 20 asap and go get some shaper lvl spectres.

I knew it would be something simple like that! I know a lot about this game but spectres are a black hole to me. This is why I test and practice builds before league start, gotta get these kinks worked out. Thanks so much, time to go test em out.
Really solid build, hoping that there wont be any nerfs to spectre's in 3.2 and with the changes to ascendancy, hopefully necromancers will get some nice buffs.
Looking forward to running this in 3.2, not sure if i want to read all the 400+ pages to soak up all the info regarding this build.

Could one of you kind people write down some tips for people willing to start this build in 3.2.

Have a good day, Thanks!
"
d3sden0va wrote:
"
Grafdelver wrote:
"
d3sden0va wrote:

I knew it would be something simple like that! I know a lot about this game but spectres are a black hole to me. This is why I test and practice builds before league start, gotta get these kinks worked out. Thanks so much, time to go test em out.

No problem man. You'll have a blast once it's set up right. 😉
Last edited by Grafdelver on Feb 24, 2018, 6:47:57 AM
Does golem's buff affects the spectres or just me ?
Also, if I use 5 link vis mortis, which skill should I remove ? thanks :)
actually i have to choose between elemental focus and spell echo , coz I have 5 link b-b-b-r-g
Last edited by AlexAndonov on Feb 24, 2018, 3:17:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info