[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
hocknose wrote:
Hi I really like the look of this build and am really interested in trying it out. I've never played a necro before so a lot of the skills are new to me.

I'm a bit confused about the raising of the spectres (I've read the guide 2-3 times but am still a bit confused :-) ), have you done a video of how you actually raise the correct level spectres?

Cheers

I will just steal mattc video guide for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUQarQBWbrY&feature=youtu.be

Please do visit his threads, tons of helpful guide for spectres
"
wiwigvn wrote:
"
hocknose wrote:
Hi I really like the look of this build and am really interested in trying it out. I've never played a necro before so a lot of the skills are new to me.

I'm a bit confused about the raising of the spectres (I've read the guide 2-3 times but am still a bit confused :-) ), have you done a video of how you actually raise the correct level spectres?

Cheers

I will just steal mattc video guide for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUQarQBWbrY&feature=youtu.be

Thank you for that, its really helpful for the mechanics...

What I don't understand is why he needed to go to the Solaris temple to get the first spectre, why didn't he just summon them from the Racecourse map?
Guys is minion and totem resistance a must have for shaper you think? I mean will the SR totems summoned also have more resist?
"
hocknose wrote:
"
wiwigvn wrote:
"
hocknose wrote:

Cheers

Thank you for that, its really helpful for the mechanics...

What I don't understand is why he needed to go to the Solaris temple to get the first spectre, why didn't he just summon them from the Racecourse map?

Because by default, Racecourse will not have their corpse in desecrate table. When you first enter Racecourse with a raised spectre of that monster type, the corspe of such monster type will be added to the desecrate table and you can desecrate them in Racecourse (not sure if it is intended design or not). Of course it only works becaude Racecourse tileset innately "support" this type of monster.
Dear fellow Spectre-Fans,

does it work to use a Rarity-Support Gem as the 6th link?
Ty all!
"

Because by default, Racecourse will not have their corpse in desecrate table. When you first enter Racecourse with a raised spectre of that monster type, the corspe of such monster type will be added to the desecrate table and you can desecrate them in Racecourse (not sure if it is intended design or not). Of course it only works becaude Racecourse tileset innately "support" this type of monster.

ah ok, thanks for the explanation...very confusing mechanic :-)
Last edited by hocknose on Sep 14, 2017, 8:03:44 AM

really strong build for single target. for general map clear it can be pretty clunky though
merp merp
"
ciqq wrote:
Dear fellow Spectre-Fans,

does it work to use a Rarity-Support Gem as the 6th link?
Ty all!

It's work very bad, cuz killed by DoT monsters counts like killed by you, and can't proc bonuses from IIR/IIQ support gems. If they kill with attacks/molten strike it's work.
Last edited by Exelice on Sep 14, 2017, 9:19:23 AM
"
Natt wrote:
2x Dyadus?

Did a lot of Avarius runs with a single unlinked Tukohama spectre. Here are the results:

No AG: 40.2 +/- 0.9 s (2 runs)
Dyadus + Innsbury: 19.7 +/- 0.6 s (4 runs) (+104%)
Dyadus + Innsbury + Icetomb: 18.7 +/- 0.6 s (3 runs) (+115%)
2x Dyadus: 16.6 +/- 1.0 s (4 runs) (+142%)
2x Dyadus + Icetomb: 13.7 +/- 0.2 s (4 runs) (+193%)

While the numbers speak for themselves, there are a few things to consider:
- Totem downtime is not corrected for. That is, the time delay between a totem expires and another one is cast. This will tend to even out the results a bit.
- Guardian DPS is not corrected for. While the DPS is low compared to the Spectre, it will skew the results a bit. DPS with 2x Dyadus is somewhat higher than with Innsbury + Dyadus. The main effect is that the multipliers listed after each result are a bit too high.
- Innsbury's added accuracy is local according to PoB

I think this is awesome data. Any chance you'll be trying some more?
Trying this build the past 2 days, it was fine before and I quite enjoyed it. But, after I started running Shaped Spider Forest the game started endlessly crashing every 2 maps or so, esp. when I open up breaches.

Spoiler

2017/09/14 23:39:39 2847022281 cab [DEBUG Client 10300] Entering area MapAtlasSpiderForest
2017/09/14 23:39:40 2847023375 1fa [DEBUG Client 10300] ClientInternalActor::NotifyOtherClientsAreaLoadComplete - players.size() = 0
2017/09/14 23:39:44 2847027328 723 [DEBUG Client 10300] Resyncing 1280

Resyncing issues?

Either of the two (Wicker/Vanguard) seems to have prompted these crashes for me. I'll try disabling Engine Multithreading for now as someone suggested in this thread. If the issue persists, I'm going to have to drop this build altogether and find some other to play. :(

Regardless, great build and well written guide! Props to Natt. I've played Summoners since the old zombie snapshotting days back in 2013, and this was the first time I've got excited on playing another Summoner build.

Edit: Disabling multithreading seems to work so far, at least I haven't experienced any crashes after 4 maps or so. Might want to put something on the OP since I've never had any issues prior to playing this build even with multithreading on.
Last edited by ultimatecat on Sep 14, 2017, 2:08:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info