[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Imurgod wrote:
Some veteran summoners check my set-up plz, I feel a bit sluggish playing this summoner after switching from Poet's Pen bomber, I dont think 4 spectres will make any diff here. I cleared maps around 8 minutes while other builds 3-4 minutes.
Assuming you are using Tukohama's Vanguards and Flame Golems. The TVs have had clear speed challenges since the start of 3.1, the flame golems are supposed to fix that.

You took Spirit Eater ascendancy, which only gives you 30% extra minion damage. The other bonuses don't apply to your minions. :( Commander of Darkness gives you the same damage boost, plus a big boost in elemental resists for the cost of a level 1 clarity, AND boosts your golems attack and cast speed.

You have quality on your Blood of the Karui flask. That's one of the flasks you should keep at quality 0. All the quality on it just delays how long it takes to heal completely.

Using Seething health flasks for ailment immunity isn't a great idea either. You only get the secondary effect while you are healing - so if you are at full life, they don't make you immune. Also, Hallowed level flasks are better for Seething - they heal significantly more life per kill, and their total healing is only slightly less.

The 6th link on your VM actually makes a pretty big difference, and so does the 4th spectre - it's the same as a 33% more multiplier. Considering the cost - basically nothing - for a Bones of Ullr, why not pick one up and try it?

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Rockino wrote:
"
willo77 wrote:
I have more life and mana and still hitting the block cap...
BTW: you have ways too much mana - 600 to be precise. So you can get rid of your two mana nodes and get life for that.

Your post is a bit confusing.. 600 to much what? What mana nodes? And with MoM why would I want to do that?

And my gear is sub so-so. I think I could manage a lot more if I decided to min-max what I have, but I have been able to do all content with what I have and without block.
He's just saying that your life to mana ratio is way over on the mana side considering Mind over Matter. Personally, I like it better that way, nothing sucks more than taking a crippling blow and finding yourself in the middle of a melee with a few life left but no mana to cast anything or even enough to use a movement skill to flee.

Mind you, 600 over might be a bit overkill. You could safely run with 100 extra mana.

Unless... you're using some of that mana to run an aura?
"
demondize wrote:
does flamability curse or elemental weakness interact with spectres damage? i mean, as someone who doesnt play hardcore i could just go for extra damage from flamability instead of the more defensive curses suggested by the author.
Both work quite well.
"
vileIllusion wrote:

Forgot that it would change my profile, purchased the jewels for flame golems to mess around with them and see if they seemed good. Profile should be back to the way it was.
What are you running for gear on your animated guardian? Animated Guardian should go in your helm. Stone golem doesn't need any supports, he's just there for your life regen, and he's easy to resummon.

Desecrate level 20 will add +3 levels to your max spectre level, that will certainly help.

Hopefully you're running minion damage jewels instead of golem supports. :) I'm kind of assuming you were just testing those out.

You are remembering to re-summon your minions in the highest level map you can, correct?

Other than that, most of the Shaper battle is knowing where to be and when, and saving your convocation for when you need to pull them inside Zana's bubble, etc. I've seen a vid of a guy taking down shaper with just 1 spectre with no support gems. It took a while, but that's still a little ridiculous, just the fact that it's possible.

"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
vileIllusion wrote:

Forgot that it would change my profile, purchased the jewels for flame golems to mess around with them and see if they seemed good. Profile should be back to the way it was.
What are you running for gear on your animated guardian? Animated Guardian should go in your helm. Stone golem doesn't need any supports, he's just there for your life regen, and he's easy to resummon.

Desecrate level 20 will add +3 levels to your max spectre level, that will certainly help.

Hopefully you're running minion damage jewels instead of golem supports. :) I'm kind of assuming you were just testing those out.

You are remembering to re-summon your minions in the highest level map you can, correct?

Other than that, most of the Shaper battle is knowing where to be and when, and saving your convocation for when you need to pull them inside Zana's bubble, etc. I've seen a vid of a guy taking down shaper with just 1 spectre with no support gems. It took a while, but that's still a little ridiculous, just the fact that it's possible.

For desecrate I use a gem from stash to resummon and then put it back (lvl 20 desecrate). On the animated guardian I followed the build guide using x2 dyadus etc. (dont remember all of it but pretty sure I just copied). My jewels should be updated now.
"
vileIllusion wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
vileIllusion wrote:

For desecrate I use a gem from stash to resummon and then put it back (lvl 20 desecrate). On the animated guardian I followed the build guide using x2 dyadus etc. (dont remember all of it but pretty sure I just copied). My jewels should be updated now.

Why is your Desecrate in your stash??? You cast that and Flesh/Bone Offering ALL the time. Playing the build correctly would significantly improve your clear times.
Quick Note:

i dont see any use of a curse in this build. i use 2 TV for single target dps and 2 SG for clear speed.
Even with my 5l Vis Mortis the clear speed was good.

Every map boss including Guardians "melt" in a few sec. with this build.
If you want to kill shaper or stuff like this, just switch to 4 TV and enjoy the fun.

---

Thanks to OP and people like grimjack68 i had a lot of fun with this build. Even my Jugger last season didnt feel so tankie. Atm i have about 7.1k Life + MoM + 75/75 Block + Fortify. Without doing some serious shit, i just can't die :)
He still has a level 19 Desecrate that he uses all the time. Makes sense, I keep my leveling desecrate in my secondary weapon slots, but there's no reason to wander around with your level 20 one unless you are planning on getting your spectres killed.

He should be good to go on Shaper as long as he avoids the big hits, which come with plenty of warning.
"
OberstGruber wrote:
Quick Note:

i dont see any use of a curse in this build. i use 2 TV for single target dps and 2 SG for clear speed.
Even with my 5l Vis Mortis the clear speed was good.

Every map boss including Guardians "melt" in a few sec. with this build.
If you want to kill shaper or stuff like this, just switch to 4 TV and enjoy the fun.

---

Thanks to OP and people like grimjack68 i had a lot of fun with this build. Even my Jugger last season didnt feel so tankie. Atm i have about 7.1k Life + MoM + 75/75 Block + Fortify. Without doing some serious shit, i just can't die :)
Curse is only worthwhile on bosses. Everything else dies too fast to worry about.

And thanks. :)
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Rockino wrote:
"
willo77 wrote:
I have more life and mana and still hitting the block cap...
BTW: you have ways too much mana - 600 to be precise. So you can get rid of your two mana nodes and get life for that.

Your post is a bit confusing.. 600 to much what? What mana nodes? And with MoM why would I want to do that?

And my gear is sub so-so. I think I could manage a lot more if I decided to min-max what I have, but I have been able to do all content with what I have and without block.
He's just saying that your life to mana ratio is way over on the mana side considering Mind over Matter. Personally, I like it better that way, nothing sucks more than taking a crippling blow and finding yourself in the middle of a melee with a few life left but no mana to cast anything or even enough to use a movement skill to flee.

Mind you, 600 over might be a bit overkill. You could safely run with 100 extra mana.

Unless... you're using some of that mana to run an aura?

Exactly! I also prefer having a bit of mana overhead but 600 is too much. So you could remove the two mana nodes from the tree and invest them into life nodes. That would increase your overall survivability...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info