[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Imurgod wrote:
get ready for some really bad news on Thursday... :( From an insider, spectres will be less effective than zombies in 3.1. Well, had great fun while it last. so long.

Well, that was expected. Spectres just require too little investment for its great performance.

I just cleared a T12 map at lv72 in turmoil, with 4L spectres, all shitty rares (except chest and boots) and uncapped fire resist (71%). Deathless and quick. I have never progressed so fast in any leagues, all my other league starters just stuck at T7 maps with that level of gears. Things are just OP.

How does this build acquire 70 block? I can see 15 from weapon, 30 from shield, and 5 from tree. Where is the remaining 20% coming from?
Bone Offering
I would like to share a tip for getting high level spectres at the first few days of leagues, no sure if everyone has already known it:

Get an oba's cursed trove map. It is T11, but its area level is T16 in the last room. The map is not hard and I cleared it with T7 5L spectres.
Another option is death and tax map. T12, cheap, and very safe (there is no monster in the starting area).
Both maps are unique so they are available very soon due to the divination card.

The only conditions are high level raise spectre and desecrate gem. Raise spectre must be at least lv18 to raise up to T15 spectres, there is no way around this. Desecrate can be at lv16 or 17, then you use a +2/+3 unset ring/weapon to bring it to lv19.
Does anyone know if Wickerman spectre can scale RF damage from getting more minion life? If it does, shouldn't "minion life" gem be a viable alternative for links?
Last edited by DanyStormborn on Nov 14, 2017, 6:56:04 PM
"
DanyStormborn wrote:
Does anyone know if Wickerman spectre can scale RF damage from getting more minion life? If it does, shouldn't "minion life" gem be a viable alternative for links?
It does not. From the Spectre Necronomicon:

"Their Righteous Fire WILL NOT scale with monster life rather it is a flat amount that increases with levels"
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Hi everyone,

It's my first necro build, currently lvl64 in harbinger. I'm currently still running an hybrid version, using zombie / srs in my 6L tabula and a 4link specters in gloves. leveling was very easy and I'm not dead yet ! that's uncommon for me :)

I'm waiting to make merciless lab before switching to full specters (with soul weaver).

I have a question regarding animate guardian and dyadus. Do dyadus become your main weapon or do you use them in secondary slot and switching sometimes ?

I also have a stone of lazhwar with a +1 curse on it. What is the more effective 4L setup.

arc or ball lightning ? What curses ? temp chains + vulnerability or temp chains + enfeeble ?

thanks for your answers !

"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi everyone,

It's my first necro build, currently lvl64 in harbinger. I'm currently still running an hybrid version, using zombie / srs in my 6L tabula and a 4link specters in gloves. leveling was very easy and I'm not dead yet ! that's uncommon for me :)

I'm waiting to make merciless lab before switching to full specters (with soul weaver).

I have a question regarding animate guardian and dyadus. Do dyadus become your main weapon or do you use them in secondary slot and switching sometimes ?

I also have a stone of lazhwar with a +1 curse on it. What is the more effective 4L setup.

arc or ball lightning ? What curses ? temp chains + vulnerability or temp chains + enfeeble ?

You don't use the Dyadus, your animated guardian does. *You* still use the Advancing Fortress or Scourge claw and a shield.

Arc / Ball lightning don't really matter - whatever you like better for hitting bad guys. Damage doesn't matter, it's just there to apply the curse.

Curses... depends on what you are shooting for. If you want to increase your survive-ability, temp chains and enfeeble. Max damage? Flammability and Elemental Weakness. Or pick one of each category - to be honest it doesn't make that much of a difference as far as I'm concerned.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi everyone,

You don't use the Dyadus, your animated guardian does. *You* still use the Advancing Fortress or Scourge claw and a shield.

Arc / Ball lightning don't really matter - whatever you like better for hitting bad guys. Damage doesn't matter, it's just there to apply the curse.

Curses... depends on what you are shooting for. If you want to increase your survive-ability, temp chains and enfeeble. Max damage? Flammability and Elemental Weakness. Or pick one of each category - to be honest it doesn't make that much of a difference as far as I'm concerned.

hi and ty for your quick answer !

Ok so you have to buy dyadus and give them to your guardian ? I never though of that ! quite nice

also got another question that comes in mind: do flesh / bone offering stacks ? when I cast one after another the 'spirit' above from the last cast disappear.

thank you
Last edited by partyboy79 on Nov 15, 2017, 3:11:33 AM
Which curse is better to boost spectre damage, Vulnerability or Flammability?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info