Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

GGG time to bite the bullet

"
andreicde wrote:

Except it was balanced, what was not balance was the fact ES was interacting with VP which caused the abuse situation. The fact is, if you went es, you either had to go hybrid or Ci, there was no middle ground unless you had a shav/solaris else chaos damage will eat through your es in no time. Es also had 0 regeneration if you were getting hit and took some time of no damage before it went up. You can't just put two different mechanics at same value and call it ''balanced'' because they are different. Did they made chaos damage react the same way to es as it does to life? No , yet the values of es got reduced.

You still did not address the fact that you put words in my mouth and that the nice gentleman above called you on.

I never said they have the same play style as he well pointed out. I said that 20k ES values trivialized content. and they would still trivialize content if they were that high even without VP.

I will comment every single point you made and expect the same in return instead of calling me names like you did (very mature btw).

First of all I want to say that while I never played ES I am quite well knowledge in game mechanics. I played this game in all it's iteration and went trough all the meta's. I have friends who played ES and had first hand discussions about the mechanics. I am well aware how the play style works.

1. ES interacting with VP was one huge issue and they stomped it. That we agree it was fair it seems.

2. Leaving values of 20k ES possible is still an issue because it's simply way to much. You take the same damage with ES as you take with life pools. How is it fair for one to be 3 time higher? Does that not make it the obvious choice? It does. Let's be honest here. Even with the VP nerf having it at those value would still be OP with Ghost Reaver.

3. Low life is still one of the strongest options in the game. It has budget with solaris and end game with Shav's. A shav is not as expensive as you think actually and you can farm the cards in a map (scriptorium). I found 4 this league and sold them.

4. ES has recharge time indeed. However it is insanely fast once it kicked in and could also be boosted by items and tree nodes. You can also get Ghost Reaver.

5. The values are still not the same. You can still reach higher ES than life with less investment. You would know if you actually play it in it's current state. You can verify this information by looking up people who do play it.

6. Why would they make chaos damage act differently? There are 3 scenarios:

- You go hybrid and you have equal life and ES and get chaos res or wing it (good luck).
- You go low life and use a Shavs and chaos damage acts as you want with ES.
- you go CI and not care about chaos damage and that is a huge extra alongside a larger "HP" pool. Just not 20K.

All in all even the existence of there threads proves that things are now balanced. ES is clearly not the GO TO build for end game trivialization. Mission accomplished.

The people who played those OP builds are the only ones complaining and refuse to play it again because YES they will feel under powered. Well sorry guys it's only because you were not supposed to be that powerful in the first place.

I blame GGG for letting it go so long that you got spoiled with it so much that you refuse to see it's still viable with some sacrifice like life builds have to do since the game launched.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
menacegb wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
Pointless thread with typical "99%" overexaggerations. /smh

Ppl are playing all kinds of builds now:
Life
ES
Lowlife
CI
MoM
Hybrid

What is CI & MoM?

CI - chaos innoculation
MoM - mind over matter
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
Nephalim wrote:
At this point, ghost reaver should be removed completely and ES quirks greatly buffed. GGG wants life and ES to be fundamentally different but right now its just an inferior version of life when it comes to leeching.

I mean is there anyone using ES leech builds in end game scenarios?

You know, thats actually not a terrible idea.
Also to ppl saying that life + VP is the same as CI+GR+VP are utterly wrong. With the latter you were insta leeching with 12k EHP, with life ur instaleeching with 6k. It is NOT the same. Stop crying over ES nerfs, they were needed.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
Pointless thread with typical "99%" overexaggerations. /smh

Ppl are playing all kinds of builds now:
Life
ES
Lowlife
CI
MoM
Hybrid

Name 3 people playing CI. I'll wait.

Get real please. Show me those 99% stats where it shows that noone plays CI lmao...

All the ppl STILL whining about CI/ES are scrubs who are too lazy to educate themselves in PoE and make their own builds... and depended fully on OP meta builds copied off the guides. It's not like ES/CI was normal and it got nerfed to shit, it was OP and got nerfed to normal, stop QQ.

LOL this noob calls scrub with his Low lvl crap geared toons what a laugh.
Play abit longer little grass hopper you might one day have a reason to comment until than kreep trolling Noob.
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
Shaper got killed by CI's in the beta. The reason everyone is life is because life is easy to play for a new player, and all the people that know that es got nerfed is playing life. Give it time, more will start to play CI again.

But.. atm this game is far to easy.. and a joke. I would be happy with nerfing everything further and buffing the life on unique bosses so they dont go down in 2 secs.

lmao
2 secs? just wait until they nerf that stupid build (whichever that is) since you cant afford to play something without guides.

Atm my build is very good, quick AF, balanced all around but can't kill anything 15+ in 2 secs.

Guess i'm a simple man.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Aug 23, 2017, 7:18:19 PM
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:

Except it was balanced, what was not balance was the fact ES was interacting with VP which caused the abuse situation. The fact is, if you went es, you either had to go hybrid or Ci, there was no middle ground unless you had a shav/solaris else chaos damage will eat through your es in no time. Es also had 0 regeneration if you were getting hit and took some time of no damage before it went up. You can't just put two different mechanics at same value and call it ''balanced'' because they are different. Did they made chaos damage react the same way to es as it does to life? No , yet the values of es got reduced.

You still did not address the fact that you put words in my mouth and that the nice gentleman above called you on.

I never said they have the same play style as he well pointed out. I said that 20k ES values trivialized content. and they would still trivialize content if they were that high even without VP.

I will comment every single point you made and expect the same in return instead of calling me names like you did (very mature btw).

First of all I want to say that while I never played ES I am quite well knowledge in game mechanics. I played this game in all it's iteration and went trough all the meta's. I have friends who played ES and had first hand discussions about the mechanics. I am well aware how the play style works.

1. ES interacting with VP was one huge issue and they stomped it. That we agree it was fair it seems.

2. Leaving values of 20k ES possible is still an issue because it's simply way to much. You take the same damage with ES as you take with life pools. How is it fair for one to be 3 time higher? Does that not make it the obvious choice? It does. Let's be honest here. Even with the VP nerf having it at those value would still be OP with Ghost Reaver.

3. Low life is still one of the strongest options in the game. It has budget with solaris and end game with Shav's. A shav is not as expensive as you think actually and you can farm the cards in a map (scriptorium). I found 4 this league and sold them.

4. ES has recharge time indeed. However it is insanely fast once it kicked in and could also be boosted by items and tree nodes. You can also get Ghost Reaver.

5. The values are still not the same. You can still reach higher ES than life with less investment. You would know if you actually play it in it's current state. You can verify this information by looking up people who do play it.

6. Why would they make chaos damage act differently? There are 3 scenarios:

- You go hybrid and you have equal life and ES and get chaos res or wing it (good luck).
- You go low life and use a Shavs and chaos damage acts as you want with ES.
- you go CI and not care about chaos damage and that is a huge extra alongside a larger "HP" pool. Just not 20K.

All in all even the existence of there threads proves that things are now balanced. ES is clearly not the GO TO build for end game trivialization. Mission accomplished.

The people who played those OP builds are the only ones complaining and refuse to play it again because YES they will feel under powered. Well sorry guys it's only because you were not supposed to be that powerful in the first place.

I blame GGG for letting it go so long that you got spoiled with it so much that you refuse to see it's still viable with some sacrifice like life builds have to do since the game launched.

Lol once again throwing arguments out of your ass. Please do show me the proof that only people that played ''OP builds are complaining ''. The defenders of life are usually the ones playing the meta,aka sunder, cyclone, ancestral warchief

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info