GGG time to bite the bullet

"
yahoogmail wrote:
The "BALANCE" team.

Can anyone explain to me what balance means?

Because if balance means what I think it means then it means the "balance" team failed horribly and is not capable of doing their job and perhaps should be fired and replaced.

Because if you fail to balance such a major thing like es and life then you certainly aren't able to balance any skill without following a YouTube guide

Disgrace

You are a troll and a spammer that is only here to start bullshit.

Life has not changed because it was fine.

ES was way more powerful trivializing content so it was always the desired to go build.

ES got cut down to life levels.

This is balance. It's the definition of balance you simpleton.

You are a disgrace to this community.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Last edited by Bone2flesh on Aug 20, 2017, 9:18:46 AM
"
Paldamus wrote:
Pointless thread with typical "99%" overexaggerations. /smh

Ppl are playing all kinds of builds now:
Life
ES
Lowlife
CI
MoM
Hybrid

What is CI & MoM?
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
yahoogmail wrote:
The "BALANCE" team.

Because if balance means what I think it means then it means the "balance" team failed horribly and is not capable of doing their job and perhaps should be fired and replaced.

Because if you fail to balance such a major thing like es and life then you certainly aren't able to balance any skill without following a YouTube guide

Disgrace

ES was way more powerful trivializing content so it was always the desired to go build.

This kid is too funny. Implying ES and life have the same play style is the same as implying playing with vaal pact or without vaal pact is the same thing. It's different playstyles. [Removed by Support] You can't compare to different mechanics and say ''oh look one had higher, therefore it has to be nerfed'', you have to look at the overall for each.
Last edited by West_GGG on Aug 20, 2017, 12:45:18 PM
"
andreicde wrote:
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
yahoogmail wrote:
The "BALANCE" team.

Disgrace

This kid is too funny. Implying ES and life have the same play style is the same as implying playing with vaal pact or without vaal pact is the same thing. It's different playstyles. But I guess a ''simpleton'' such as yourself wouldn't grasp such a concept . You can't compare to different mechanics and say ''oh look one had higher, therefore it has to be nerfed'', you have to look at the overall for each.

Not sure where you are seeing this. All I see is him saying that ES was op and trivilised clntent and it got nerfed to be of similar viabilty as life.

Which makes perfect sense from a balancing POV.

Balanced in most modern games doesn't mean the same or equal, it is about option viabilty. One being OP means viability for others goes down, hence nerfs.
i think the core problem with ES vs life is that GGG dosent seem to have a clear idea on what role each should fill.

ES use to be broken becouse of its hability to offer the highest HP buffer, combined with VP and its a no brainer why it was so popular. but cutting its hitpoints didnt fix it, it just put it at the same level than life with the added drawback of no VP and the implicit drawbacks of ES (chaos dmg, stuns and ailments) and as a result ES become a joke becouse its just life with less benefits.

GGG realy needs to rethink the concept of ES, personaly i liked the original concept of much higher hitpoints but little to no hability to regenerate in the middle of the fight say:

-ES from gear greatly increaced, even more than the old values
-ghost reaver reworked to only benefit melee attacks and at a reduced value
-VP remains for life only
-zealot oath reworked to benefit hybrid over pure ES, for instance 5% of missing hp is regenerated as ES and 5% of missing ES is regenerated as life.

probably a few more changes here and there but overall making ES better when it comes to taking big hits but worst vs sustained damage.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

At this point, ghost reaver should be removed completely and ES quirks greatly buffed. GGG wants life and ES to be fundamentally different but right now its just an inferior version of life when it comes to leeching.

I mean is there anyone using ES leech builds in end game scenarios?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 20, 2017, 11:12:08 AM
"
Waycoolozs wrote:
From what I can see the balance changes had a negative effect.
We have gone from 90% player base playing ES to 98% player base now playing life base.
I think the point is YOU WENT TO FAR with ES.
So bite the bullet and remove it completely as it stands it's taking nodes up and only 5% now play it.
You killed it.
Was it a good Balance change ? LIFE VS ES no matter what you think it was not.
It's just as much out BALANCE now as before.
At the end of the day I would like to be able to choose, not be pigeon holed into LIFE or ES base.
MY TWO CENTS (Did there need to be change YEP for sure but they went to far and now it's just out balance again)

Cheers
Waycooloz

My name is lolES and I approve this message!

Not sure where you are seeing this. All I see is him saying that ES was op and trivilised clntent and it got nerfed to be of similar viabilty as life.

Which makes perfect sense from a balancing POV.

Balanced in most modern games doesn't mean the same or equal, it is about option viabilty. One being OP means viability for others goes down, hence nerfs. [/quote]

Except it was balanced, what was not balance was the fact ES was interacting with VP which caused the abuse situation. The fact is, if you went es, you either had to go hybrid or Ci, there was no middle ground unless you had a shav/solaris else chaos damage will eat through your es in no time. Es also had 0 regeneration if you were getting hit and took some time of no damage before it went up. You can't just put two different mechanics at same value and call it ''balanced'' because they are different. Did they made chaos damage react the same way to es as it does to life? No , yet the values of es got reduced.
Stop. Just stop.

There is no "balance" in PoE. They (GGG) aren't looking for equilibrium. They aren't searching for a true balance to rest on. Their goal isn't to keep/make everything equal.

They will keep changing things around. They will keep nerfing (and buffing once in a while). They will keep introducing OP uniques and OP skills, just to nerf them eventually.

It's their way of keeping things fresh. Their way of crating "fuzz". Their way of creating interest for the game. Their way of making players curious. Their way of getting players to try something new.

You may all cry "PoE IS DEAD", but we all know that isn't true, because the game is growing every minute.

Do I like this way of "marketing"? Not particularly. But this is what we've got. This is how it's always been. There will be no equilibrium. There will always be changes.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
Pointless thread with typical "99%" overexaggerations. /smh

Ppl are playing all kinds of builds now:
Life
ES
Lowlife
CI
MoM
Hybrid

Name 3 people playing CI. I'll wait.

Get real please. Show me those 99% stats where it shows that noone plays CI lmao...

All the ppl STILL whining about CI/ES are scrubs who are too lazy to educate themselves in PoE and make their own builds... and depended fully on OP meta builds copied off the guides. It's not like ES/CI was normal and it got nerfed to shit, it was OP and got nerfed to normal, stop QQ.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Aug 20, 2017, 1:22:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info