Audio Suggestions.

waiting on some tech before we can do this
The audio guy.
"
I don't know if it's been suggested before, but water sounds would be really nice when your character walks into puddle of water and also on beach like areas.

Sound would need to be different when you are walking in deeper water though.

Yeah I think Andrew said recently footstep sounds will be coming at the moment the type of floor is not distinguished.

I was just chilling in Terraces now and thought how sweet it would be to have that soft walking in the sand footsteps sound.
"
DeF46 wrote:

Yeah I think Andrew said recently footstep sounds will be coming at the moment the type of floor is not distinguished.
I was just chilling in Terraces now and thought how sweet it would be to have that soft walking in the sand footsteps sound.

1) That will be an amazing addition that will greatly add to the immersion!
Is this planned to be added before open beta?

"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
All the characters will have comments when entering certain areas/fighting bosses.

2) That will be so awesome!
I'm really impressed by the amount of polishing already in but also planned for the game!

Also even though it might sound like a stupid question, are those comments going to have an echo-type effect appropriate for the surrounding area?
Because imo without the appropriate effects those comments might sound kinda blunt.

Here is an example of an edit i made for the Marauder Intro to spice things up.
http://soundcloud.com/georgatos7/pathsoundmix

3)Oh and i love the effects of the ghosts in the Marveil's Quest.

I really believe that the sound effects and the music is an equally imprortant aspect as the gameplay and the graphics for the final impression of the game.

You can't have a good result without all those aspects to be top-notch and i'm quite satisfied by what i have already seen by GGG and what is planned for the future.
Last edited by georgatos7 on Jul 2, 2012, 5:47:17 AM
Unfortunately I don't think the ground types tech will make it in for open beta!

As for echo..... a big audio tech update should be coming through before OB. This will allow me to create audio environments for each area using different types of echo and reverb :)
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think the ground types tech will make it in for open beta!

As for echo..... a big audio tech update should be coming through before OB. This will allow me to create audio environments for each area using different types of echo and reverb :)

Wooo, nice!
I really can't wait to hear my magic blasts echoying through those underground chambers.

I'm really glad GGG is already aware and has plans for almost every good suggestion/imrpovement.

Thanks for the answer.
Hi there,
I think it would be fantastic if when going through the Caverns we could hear echoes or snippets of a song sung by Merveil. It would be very beautiful to hear, completely at odds with the descriptions of Merveil we get from the exiles at the Shore Encampment. This is, of course, Merveil in her Woman form - trying to lure the player in.

The song could start as mere echoes of melodies in the Submerged Passage, foreshadowing what is to come. Then when you reach the Caverns and proceed deeper in, the snippets of song increase in frequency and duration until you reach her Lair, where the song is played unbroken.

I think this would do much to enhance Merveil's presence in the game, as opposed to being the big bad boss that you don't even know the name of until you get dispatched to kill her.
Will the game be voicacted? I really hope so
regarding Killas900 comment:

Some singing is on the list of things to record for merveil, the problem with this is that it requires the voice actor to have some singing ability :P and I can't promise that they will!
The audio guy.
- I would like to hear heart beat when on low life, not to mention some properties of flasks and power of spells are linked to it, and you can't always look and judge correctly when to use flask.

- Also owl hoots and branches creaking in dark forest
(like haunted forest in BG:)

- growls/grunts when character take critical/or stunned

Keep up, its already a gem, just a little polishing
-Heartbeat is planned, Im pretty sure I've already put all the audio loops in game it just requires one of our tech guys to set it up.

-Haunted Forest stuff is planned, this is REALLY low priority as its considered polish. But Russell will be adding animation loops to many static models. This means I can really fill out the ambience e.g. a tree model in the forest can have randomised bird sounds and wind....

-These are character flinch sounds and there are some really lame ones in game at the moment. soon to be improved, as I write this Im working on the Templar screams and grunts (not sure if they will be in the next patch or not.)
The audio guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info