[3.3] Cospri's Discharge Pathfinder - still works, easy t16/shaper, w/ videos

"
Mecielle wrote:
"
fatamerikan wrote:
Spoiler
Bump. Added some gems and ascendancy sections. Got my 6links finally, took ~700 fusings (and ~3200 chromes to color). Swapped back to rare belt, flask mods there seem mandatory for vinktar's uptime.
2x discharges plus Inya boots work perfectly fine. Before i managed to get my BBBGGG colors, i ran
BBGGGR with fortify - it's just had less damage.
Spoiler

Thx for the update. Pretty surprising that a Pathfinder has no permanent uptime of Vinktars without flask mods on belt.

Was also wondering if Voll's Devotion would not be the better choice after the massive nerf to Choir. Have you tried both versions and could give your reasoning why you are still using Choir? Is the damage boost of Choir really better than the defensive boost we would get from Voll's Devotion?

EDIT: Checked in PoB, Voll's Devotion is even ~15% more damage, on top of the defensive boost. Just have to make sure to check the damage with Choir while you have ONLY Power Charges enabled in the config. Then equip Voll's and enable Power AND Endurance charges.

Can somebody confirm that or am I missing something here?

EDIT2: Looked at your tree, taking Druidic Rites would easily fix your problem with not maintaining Vinktars with the new belt. Gotta say, this is the first PF build I encounter that doesnt take that node :D

about voll's neck - the numbers in PoB based on maximum amount of power and endurance charges, while in reality half of your discharges will use no endurance, only power charges. Choir nerf is tiny, the massive loss of crit comes from having 6 PCharges instead of 7, also minus 10% crit per charge in 3.0.

About the belt - i need more testing ofc, but u cant compare druidic rite with "reduced charges used". Flask duration adds up abit to uptime, yes, but you already have ~150% increased charges gained from Overflowing Chalice. That's why Druidic Rite is weaker than the belt.
Ideally i'd pick both the belt and Arcane Chemistry - that combo provides stable vinktar's uptime.
"
fatamerikan wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
fatamerikan wrote:
Spoiler
Bump. Added some gems and ascendancy sections. Got my 6links finally, took ~700 fusings (and ~3200 chromes to color). Swapped back to rare belt, flask mods there seem mandatory for vinktar's uptime.
2x discharges plus Inya boots work perfectly fine. Before i managed to get my BBBGGG colors, i ran
BBGGGR with fortify - it's just had less damage.
Spoiler

Thx for the update. Pretty surprising that a Pathfinder has no permanent uptime of Vinktars without flask mods on belt.

Was also wondering if Voll's Devotion would not be the better choice after the massive nerf to Choir. Have you tried both versions and could give your reasoning why you are still using Choir? Is the damage boost of Choir really better than the defensive boost we would get from Voll's Devotion?

EDIT: Checked in PoB, Voll's Devotion is even ~15% more damage, on top of the defensive boost. Just have to make sure to check the damage with Choir while you have ONLY Power Charges enabled in the config. Then equip Voll's and enable Power AND Endurance charges.

Can somebody confirm that or am I missing something here?

EDIT2: Looked at your tree, taking Druidic Rites would easily fix your problem with not maintaining Vinktars with the new belt. Gotta say, this is the first PF build I encounter that doesnt take that node :D

about voll's neck - the numbers in PoB based on maximum amount of power and endurance charges, while in reality half of your discharges will use no endurance, only power charges. Choir nerf is tiny, the massive loss of crit comes from having 6 PCharges instead of 7, also minus 10% crit per charge in 3.0.

About the belt - i need more testing ofc, but u cant compare druidic rite with "reduced charges used". Flask duration adds up abit to uptime, yes, but you already have ~150% increased charges gained from Overflowing Chalice. That's why Druidic Rite is weaker than the belt.
Ideally i'd pick both the belt and Arcane Chemistry - that combo provides stable vinktar's uptime.

Of course Druidic Rites is not the same as reduced charges used on the belt. But I am just really confused, I have never even seen a crit. Pathfinder that needs the belt for 100% Vinktars uptime, and I have played 6 different crit PF builds to 90+ in the last leagues. So I thought a bit more charges gained could be enough :D

Well we will see, I decided to take the "best" (imo best, I am really no expert on discharge :D) from 4-5 cospris discharge builds and made my own. On paper/PoB it should work out nicely, will see if it is the case in reality. It is a Pathfinder/Assassin Scion in case anybody is interested: https://pastebin.com/Adc2FWsU

Keep in mind that there are 7 empty jewel slots when you look at life and damage. With 7 good jewels the damage could go double and life could go up a nice chunk too. Also, nothing set in stone and of coursemany things will totally change in the tree when I try to make it work. I am also very aware that a Pathfinder/Assassin Scion will most likely not be able to use the new belt. Maybe I will even have to get reduced charges used on the belt AND Arcane Chemistry.
Last edited by Mecielle on Aug 28, 2017, 3:06:26 PM
how does this build leech?
"
liekmudkips wrote:
how does this build leech?

With Vinktars.

@OP: I just noticed you said that only half the time Power+Endurance Charges were used for Discharge. Isn't that wrong? Just the first time power charges are used there is a discharge where only power charges are used. After that all power and endurance charges are used. And the PoB numbers are 100% correct.
has ive explain in a recent comment u can sustain full charge discharge even with the belt so 5 discharge per Sec with only PCOC if u have the helm enchant. So ofc if u use Voll's chest u will EZ sustain max charge discharge. So if id use Voll amulet instead of Choir.
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Last edited by philophil on Aug 28, 2017, 6:47:37 PM
Well, sry i cba to argue that again and again, u wont outdamage choir with voll's, never.
Keep in mind that firestorm locks fire res, that was the main reason not to use it before BV nerf (mean charges generation). You can ofcourse do well with voll's, but that would be another build, another concept.

Speaking of good discharge builds - there are none of them in english (imo,ofc).
The one i am aiming for
https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?page=1&bsn=18966&snA=104829&subbsn=0
This is damage strategy. US/EU folks consider such builds as a "squishy" or even "unviable", but my attempt is all about that. 500k discharge average hit vs Shaper - that's what i reached in 2.6 with ~30-40ex worth of gear, u won't find anything close to such numbers in voll's discharge threads (or another
"balanced" allrounder builds, dedicated for handy levelling).

P.S. Don't be lazy, check the asian guide i linked. It's hard to translate, but it's vey in-depth, even tho the OP refuses to share his exact tree/gear.
Last edited by fatamerikan on Aug 28, 2017, 7:46:14 PM
Think what u want but voll is better now n i even proved u with math that my discharg are always full charge with only PCOC. About that firestorm thing.... cyclone crit proc discharge so that way EE is always reset because the cyclone is only cold dmg.

So no matter what u think Voll is better now that they nearly destroyed Choir.
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
"
philophil wrote:
Think what u want but voll is better now n i even proved u with math that my discharg are always full charge with only PCOC. About that firestorm thing.... cyclone crit proc discharge so that way EE is always reset because the cyclone is only cold dmg.

So no matter what u think Voll is better now that they nearly destroyed Choir.

Again, i personally used 101% lightning res over max in 2.6; compared to 83% lightning res in 3.0 - that's a tiny nerf...

About math, sry again, but that math is a joke, too many factors here to be 100% sure.
Belt is needed to sustain flasks (as far as I tested for now), ofc with new boots u can sustain charges for it.
Last edited by fatamerikan on Aug 28, 2017, 8:03:17 PM
I was playing PF Discharge in Legacy with just 1 Discharge setup in Cospri's and with Choir, dmg was nice, was able to kill Guardians and Shaper. Are these old numbers still reachable? I mean choir was nerfed. Do we still get the most of Discharge as PF or Scion have a chance?

Would rly love to play Scion if it's viable. Is it still possible to Shield Charge map clear?
listen ill stop posting on this thread because its a waist of time if u don't understand thats fine but if u would just take a look at my POB u would understand that event if im not full charge Choir is just worst.

Also that stupid retard LANGGG that u follow had fucking 5K ES on is LL discharger in 2.6 so its pure glass canon build with 0 investment in ES/defense, im currently playing LL with 7.4K ES AFTER the ES nerf so that might give u a idea why he was always hidding is ES number, if u need proof for what im saying just look at the screenshot he's posting on is thread.

I could just publish my shaper run n that would be enough to show u that ur wrong. And i know that whatever u can try Choir will never reach the number i have right now.

here's my POB code if u don't believe me :https://pastebin.com/SBG7seVf

634K per discharge vs shaper w/o shock activated+ im not inputing the +1 endurance change belt that i have on league n im still missing the pen on boots so i could reach 700K with that.

On this note GL with ur build
Last edited by philophil on Aug 28, 2017, 9:26:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info