What will you do when Berserker gets nerfed in 3.1

Keep playing my witch
Vp is nothing even woth berseker when you got one shot. Pretty common actually.
remember VP is not a problem ES was
"
remember VP is not a problem ES was

Well they had to nerf those ridiculous numbers to be able to start balancing the game, same for poison which was a retarded thing ever since it's release.

Would you be happier if like everything was balanced around people having 20k ES and 460 million poison dps?

Nerfing EHP, nerfing dmges, buffing boss hp was a step into the good direction.

Now they can address armor, VP-less leech and a bunch of other things, that has been a joke ever since 2.2

And then they might be able to rebalance bosses/ map mods etc. At least I'm hoping it will happen.
Last edited by krenderke on Aug 17, 2017, 9:34:12 PM
Meanwhile in the Ranger forum, their builds are doing 5m dps and laughing at us beserkers struggling to get 1m dps.
"
neostars wrote:
Meanwhile in the Ranger forum, their builds are doing 5m dps and laughing at us beserkers struggling to get 1m dps.

Yeah and all you need is 1000 exalts worth of rares.
"

Well they had to nerf those ridiculous numbers to be able to start balancing the game, same for poison which was a retarded thing ever since it's release.

Would you be happier if like everything was balanced around people having 20k ES and 460 million poison dps?

Nerfing EHP, nerfing dmges, buffing boss hp was a step into the good direction.

Now they can address armor, VP-less leech and a bunch of other things, that has been a joke ever since 2.2

And then they might be able to rebalance bosses/ map mods etc. At least I'm hoping it will happen.

GGG would need to rebalance the game from the ground up to account for the loss of instant leech. That is not going to happen. They dug themselves into the hole by promoting alt-f4 play and 'exciting' combat and they can live with it for the game's life cycle.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 17, 2017, 10:13:15 PM
Not only did ES lose about a third of its pool (along with the fact it gets no mitigation stats already) it no longer gets to make use of Vaal Pact, honestly I don't know what they were thinking, you pretty much have to play occultist or trickster to make use of a mostly ES build. I would have liked to see a nerf to ES, but in incrememnts, like removing VP from ES was a step in the right direction and maybe that was all it needed. Having a big pool just makes recharge all the more useful.

Right now I'm playing juggernaut, without VP, sick regen and great mitigation only finding myself needing instant healing in situations I put myself in (I run a catalysed eternal flask as my only life) and plan to play an Occultist soon to give things a try as mages are my favorite archetype in games. So I'm already berserker nerf proof
The problem was never Berserker or even CI, the problem has always been Vaal Pact and leech.

What was the right solution?

Instead of nerfing ES across the board by somewhere around 37%, they should've just nerfed ES values on items 15-20% and left the nodes behind CI in.

Add +2-6% of Maximum Life per second to maximum Leech Rate to most weapon increased damage notables with Bows and Wands getting 2%, Claws 6%, other weapons 4% (this includes 2H, 1H and Dual Wield nodes). Also raise existing values a little (Hemotophagy and Vitality Void).

Add a new keystone near Witch, Spell Siphoning: 1% of Spell damage leeched as Life and Mana. -5% of Maximum Life and Mana per second to Maximum Leech Rate

Ghost Reaver: Leech Energy Shield while at full life, -5% of Maximum Life per second to Maximum Leech Rate

Cloaked in Savagery: Also grants +25% of Maximum Life per second to Maximum Leech Rate after taking a Savage Hit

And most importantly:

Vaal Pact: +25% of Maximum Life per second to Maximum Leech rate. No life regeneration. Cannot leech Energy Shield.

Atziri's Acuity: Now grants Vaal Pact keystone. Also has +10% of Maximum Life Per second to Maximum Leech Rate

Lastly, lessen the effects of map affixes a little because no one will be leeching instantly anymore.

These values could maybe be tweaked a little but this is where they should have gone.
Last edited by Unburied_One on Aug 18, 2017, 11:00:33 AM
"
Unburied_One wrote:
These values could maybe be tweaked a little but this is where they should have gone.

Yep, total agreement.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Wreck endgame as in shaper/guardians or wreck endgame as in red maps?

Didn't know that red maps are endgame.

Maps in general (even Tier 1) are the "endgame" of PoE.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info