[3.15] For Scion - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Why the raider and not elementalist?
"
Gtishere wrote:
Why the raider and not elementalist?

Raider gives you permanent frenzy charges and onslaught against bosses, which translate into more DPS than Elementalist.
Guide is updated. Includes new section: Delirium Cluster Jewel
Is this Build viable for 3.10?
How is it doing with the new league mechanic?
"
Jostine wrote:
Is this Build viable for 3.10?
How is it doing with the new league mechanic?

Yes. It is 3.10 viable. You will want to get your hands on Crusader influenced chest with exploding mod for end game.
kira1414, thank you for this guide.

This time, I'm trying to make it as a scion.

BUT, your guide need 'clarification' about some things, so I can follow your thoughts.

Currently I'm stuck at 'belt' section.

Under 'Recommended Gears' you suggest 'Offering of the Serpent' gloves, which are removed from the game. You offer a solution for that, by suggesting that we should use 'Soul Tether belt for the overleech'.

You said:
"
With it, Scion will pick Champion instead of Slayer and still retain Ascendant Slayer's overleech.

BUT...

under 'Recommended Rares', for belt, you said: "Rustic or Vanguard Belt Preferred"

So.... can you make some order in your guide, please? :)
"
drunkydragon wrote:
kira1414, thank you for this guide.

This time, I'm trying to make it as a scion.

BUT, your guide need 'clarification' about some things, so I can follow your thoughts.

Currently I'm stuck at 'belt' section.

Under 'Recommended Gears' you suggest 'Offering of the Serpent' gloves, which are removed from the game. You offer a solution for that, by suggesting that we should use 'Soul Tether belt for the overleech'.

You said:
"
With it, Scion will pick Champion instead of Slayer and still retain Ascendant Slayer's overleech.

BUT...

under 'Recommended Rares', for belt, you said: "Rustic or Vanguard Belt Preferred"

So.... can you make some order in your guide, please? :)

Recommended Gears > Recommended Rares so you will give priority to recommended gears over here. :)

Definitely go for Soul Tether as end game belt cos it allows you to switch from Slayer for more damage.

Couple this with Warlord influenced Spiked Gloves (see recommended rares) with Culling Strike and these 2 items will replace Slayer ascendancy for Scion.
Thanks for your answer kira1414.

I study your build, but some things to me (an no-pro player) are not 'logical' or in other words, I can't understand them, the way you do. So can you help me a bit with it, please?

First, concering the gloves. I checked 'recomended rares' and there you said:

"

Gloves - Spiked Gloves with Warlord influence Preferred

- At least 75 life (can roll over 100 life in patch 3.0)
- 20 to 30% melee physical damage
- 20 to 30% increased projectile attack damage
- At least 10% Attack Speed
- At least 30% Fire / Cold / Lightning Resist (or any number that can get resistance capped)
- Intelligence (optional. if you need it to equip gears)

...and then in your answer ^ you said:

"
Couple this with Warlord influenced Spiked Gloves (see recommended rares) with Culling Strike

Well, dmn. How can I get a Warlord influenced Spiked Gloves, with culling strike AND with all the mods you put for gloves under 'recomended rares' ? :)

I checked poe.trade and only searched for:

-spiked gloves
-culling strike
- ONE of 3 possible resistances (with at least +20% to resistance)
- at least +40 to max life

I found only ONE spiked pair of gloves with: 88 to max life, 28 cold resistance costing 9 EXAULTS :)

Other mods that you put for gloves under 'recomended rares' are not even included. I probably did something wrong or understood something wrong.

BUT, if I'm going to use 'Soul Tether' belt, which doesn't have any resistance on it, I gotta get resistances somewhere else. I can get them on other gear, but its going to be even harder to top resistances if I don't have any on gloves too.

Other thing that confusing me is your 'gems setup' for 'Helm / Gloves / Boots'

Its obvious that you copy-pasted them from your duelist topic, and changed some things. But you changed the order and gem-combos while leaving a text which doesn't make sense (at least to me).

For instance:

first combo is:

Melee physical damage
Ancestral Warchief
Culling Strike
Faster Attacks

below that you suggest 'Leap Slam' and then you said "You can replace Warchief with Protector for stationary boss (e.g. Shaper) fight."

Ok, Warchief for Protector, but then why suggest "Leap Slam" (and instead of which gem)? Is that meant for 'Tectonic Slam' build, since 'Tectonic Slam' is not a movement skill, so 'Leap Slam' is meant for those that will use 'Tectonic Slam' build? If yes, can you edit that part and make it clear, please?

Next combo:

Ancestral Protector
Immortal Call
CWDT
Steelskin

Then you said

"Optional Gems: Increased Duration Gem (you can swap it for Enduring Cry, which is also an optional gem)"

OK, Increased Duration is optional as well as 'Enduring Cry', BUT instead of which gem from your combo? I guess Ancestral Protector is there just to be 'at hand' to swap it for 'Ancestral Warchief' when you need it?

other thing, just below that text, you put in red font:

Recommended Gem Level For:
Cast When Damage Taken: 1
Immortal Call: 3
Wave of Conviction: 7

...BUT as you see... there is no 'Wave of Conviction' in your combo. You moved 'Wave of Conviction' to 3rd combo, which now probably have no reason to stay at lvl 7, since there it wont be autocasted.

Ok, so next (3rd 4-link combo):

Wave of conviction
Flammability
Blashemy
Herald of Ash

^ last 3 are logical. You also said instead of Flammability and Blashemy we can use 'Flesh and Stone' and 'Blood and Sand' with sand stance for more survivability, which is also logical. Just don't know why 'Wave of conviction' (at lvl 7) is sitting there in that combo? It should be triggered from CWDT from the 2nd combo, but you moved it to 3rd combo.

I know I bother you with these questions. I tried to figure the answers for last hour by myself, but I failed. :(

It's hard to make a build guide for 3 possible 'main skills' and still share the same (other) gem-combos for all 3 main skills and make them use the same 'Helm / Gloves / Boots' gem-combos. So, I know I'm asking too much, but 'maybe' when (IF) you get some time, you can make/edit that part of your build and make it more 'clear'?

Thanks again for your answer, and sorry if now I sound like an ungrateful azzh0le, which is not my intention at all. I just got stuck at some parts of your guide and I'm trying to understand it.
Last edited by drunkydragon on Mar 18, 2020, 11:35:43 PM
"
drunkydragon wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for your answer kira1414.

I study your build, but some things to me (an no-pro player) are not 'logical' or in other words, I can't understand them, the way you do. So can you help me a bit with it, please?

First, concering the gloves. I checked 'recomended rares' and there you said:

"

Gloves - Spiked Gloves with Warlord influence Preferred

- At least 75 life (can roll over 100 life in patch 3.0)
- 20 to 30% melee physical damage
- 20 to 30% increased projectile attack damage
- At least 10% Attack Speed
- At least 30% Fire / Cold / Lightning Resist (or any number that can get resistance capped)
- Intelligence (optional. if you need it to equip gears)

...and then in your answer ^ you said:

"
Couple this with Warlord influenced Spiked Gloves (see recommended rares) with Culling Strike

Well, dmn. How can I get a Warlord influenced Spiked Gloves, with culling strike AND with all the mods you put for gloves under 'recomended rares' ? :)

I checked poe.trade and only searched for:

-spiked gloves
-culling strike
- ONE of 3 possible resistances (with at least +20% to resistance)
- at least +40 to max life

I found only ONE spiked pair of gloves with: 88 to max life, 28 cold resistance costing 9 EXAULTS :)

Other mods that you put for gloves under 'recomended rares' are not even included. I probably did something wrong or understood something wrong.

BUT, if I'm going to use 'Soul Tether' belt, which doesn't have any resistance on it, I gotta get resistances somewhere else. I can get them on other gear, but its going to be even harder to top resistances if I don't have any on gloves too.

Other thing that confusing me is your 'gems setup' for 'Helm / Gloves / Boots'

Its obvious that you copy-pasted them from your duelist topic, and changed some things. But you changed the order and gem-combos while leaving a text which doesn't make sense (at least to me).

For instance:

first combo is:

Melee physical damage
Ancestral Warchief
Culling Strike
Faster Attacks

below that you suggest 'Leap Slam' and then you said "You can replace Warchief with Protector for stationary boss (e.g. Shaper) fight."

Ok, Warchief for Protector, but then why suggest "Leap Slam" (and instead of which gem)? Is that meant for 'Tectonic Slam' build, since 'Tectonic Slam' is not a movement skill, so 'Leap Slam' is meant for those that will use 'Tectonic Slam' build? If yes, can you edit that part and make it clear, please?

Next combo:

Ancestral Protector
Immortal Call
CWDT
Steelskin

Then you said

"Optional Gems: Increased Duration Gem (you can swap it for Enduring Cry, which is also an optional gem)"

OK, Increased Duration is optional as well as 'Enduring Cry', BUT instead of which gem from your combo? I guess Ancestral Protector is there just to be 'at hand' to swap it for 'Ancestral Warchief' when you need it?

other thing, just below that text, you put in red font:

Recommended Gem Level For:
Cast When Damage Taken: 1
Immortal Call: 3
Wave of Conviction: 7

...BUT as you see... there is no 'Wave of Conviction' in your combo. You moved 'Wave of Conviction' to 3rd combo, which now probably have no reason to stay at lvl 7, since there it wont be autocasted.

Ok, so next (3rd 4-link combo):

Wave of conviction
Flammability
Blashemy
Herald of Ash

^ last 3 are logical. You also said instead of Flammability and Blashemy we can use 'Flesh and Stone' and 'Blood and Sand' with sand stance for more survivability, which is also logical. Just don't know why 'Wave of conviction' (at lvl 7) is sitting there in that combo? It should be triggered from CWDT from the 2nd combo, but you moved it to 3rd combo.

I know I bother you with these questions. I tried to figure the answers for last hour by myself, but I failed. :(

It's hard to make a build guide for 3 possible 'main skills' and still share the same (other) gem-combos for all 3 main skills and make them use the same 'Helm / Gloves / Boots' gem-combos. So, I know I'm asking too much, but 'maybe' when (IF) you get some time, you can make/edit that part of your build and make it more 'clear'?

Thanks again for your answer, and sorry if now I sound like an ungrateful azzh0le, which is not my intention at all. I just got stuck at some parts of your guide and I'm trying to understand it.

Thank you for highlighting those areas. I didn't realise that the gems were messed up when I update the guide.

I have now corrected it. They should be clearer now.

I have also updated the gloves under recommended rares to include Culling Strike. That was left out when I copy it from Slayer section. :P

I srtongly recommend Soul Tether + Warlord influence because those 2 will enable you to run the build as Champion or Berserker without losing the benefit of Slayer.

For rare slots, you simply focus on the most important roll and the rest of the mods are just mix and match to ensure you cap your resistance.

E.g. Warlord Gloves: Life + Culling Strike will be the most important stat.

It will be almost impossible to get all the best rolls in 1 single slot so just aim for the necessary. :)
Question. I am trying this build out, but I am not super interested in cyclone. I see how consecrated ground and cyclone can pretty much replace each other, but tectonic slam is not a movement skill which throws off some of the recommendations. What would the set up look like for Tectonic slam?

Also the reservations of the mana skills confused me. Currently it lists a combination of Blasphemy linked Flammability, Herald of Ash, and Berserk. Adds Enfeeble or either of the Blood/Sand gems. Then the gearing all mentions anger and the possiblity of using two curses with the unique shoes. What else do we reserve in the anger set up? If I am using the double curse set up which gem should I drop for Flammability+Enfeeble?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info