Why is there no auction house?

"
Sarno wrote:
"
Goredeath wrote:
faster trading progress

I'm fairly certain Chris has said he considers the current system to be too convenient.

Sometimes what the players want isn't what the developers want.

Which is why they allow third party to control the market, & dupers to roam freely.....

I said it before & I said it again, its either the worst game design decision or the most pathetic excuse. Either have a robust SSF system so tarding is the last thing peope want to do, or complete remove other than for guilds, or make a robust trading system & control flow of trade.

To prevent too convience, jaust allow limited trading per day. But but people will just create multiple account. A simple solution could be to make sure you have to complete game once or something before you can trade. So anyone but the most determined dubious tarder will attempt to cupe others.

An auchion house also allow a rating system, allowing people to rate the trader, & much much more.

If GGG is a 10 person studieo like Grinding gear, I can understand. As it stand, GGG is a fairly big studio so no excuses.

But isn't a big part of the problem right now that people put items on poe.trade for a price way too cheap, never answer to whispers and so lure other players to also set their prices that low? After that they snipe the "real" items with their scripts.

This wouldn't be possible with an auction house because if they put the items on it with their cheap prices they would be sold automatically.

Or am I missing something?
"
Fapmobile wrote:
Because we don't need one.

Because you, Sir price fixer and scammer, dont need one.

And we, normal players, DO want fair AH with instant buyouts.

"
ooFunky wrote:
But isn't a big part of the problem right now that people put items on poe.trade for a price way too cheap, never answer to whispers and so lure other players to also set their prices that low? After that they snipe the "real" items with their scripts.

This wouldn't be possible with an auction house because if they put the items on it with their cheap prices they would be sold automatically.

Or am I missing something?

No, you're completely right.

Of course, "snipers" will be able to insta-buy too cheap items in AH, still. But at least, it wont be a scam - players who post items for too cheap price should just blame themselves, because with appropriate AH, figuring true item's price isnt that hard at all.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 16, 2017, 3:54:31 AM
"
Of course, "snipers" will be able to insta-buy too cheap items in AH, still. But at least, it wont be a scam - players who post items for too cheap price should just blame themselves, because with appropriate AH, figuring true item's price isnt that hard at all.

You could make "minium" price to post certain items which would restrict "noob losses" with 50-70% effiency. This would also make sniping less profitable. Defienetly would be better system what we have now..

But scamming is just small problem. Best part about auction house is that you can spend more time playing game than whispering afk people or using 3rd party websites to search for everything.
Last edited by Goredeath on Aug 16, 2017, 4:35:32 AM
People you have to understand how the real world works before you can understand why there is no AH in PoE.

Work is value, Time is value.

If you remove those to factors everything in this game will drop inzane in value like they do in the real world.

AH will do that you don't have to use any time and any work for buying and selling and that will break the value of everythink in the game.

If somethink is easy to get then the value will go down because suddenly there will not only be one Kaom's for sell at that time you need it there will be 200 and they will all be trying to sell low.

Think about it, just very simpel fact, what thit a AH do to Diablo 3?

Yes you can do all this using 3rd party websites and the forum plus more, but that still = Time and work.

Be happy with what the game have, if it was up to me 3rd party sites and systems should cause banning if uset.

You break the econamy in this game and you break the game.

Sorry for the bad english ;) i'm Danish :p
The Definition of a Radical Psychotic Motherfucker is Me :P
Last edited by D1SA3LE on Aug 16, 2017, 5:17:34 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
And we, normal players, DO want fair AH with instant buyouts.

Please don't speak for me when I haven't asked you to.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
If we ever get a real AH i'm just going to leave a bot on 10 accounts over night and make more currency while sleeping than actual playing the game. 1 week later sell account for $$ and repeat. Just like in D3.
"
Goredeath wrote:

But scamming is just small problem. Best part about auction house is that you can spend more time playing game than whispering afk people or using 3rd party websites to search for everything.

Indeed, that's what i'd like to do. It is especially important when trying to buy something like 50 essences for crafting life chest, for example. Exetremely frustrating experience ATM.

"
Tr3Angel wrote:
If we ever get a real AH i'm just going to leave a bot on 10 accounts over night and make more currency while sleeping than actual playing the game. 1 week later sell account for $$ and repeat. Just like in D3.

Then maybe you should use your bot in Frankfurt stock exchange? Get milions of $$$ without efforts.....
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 16, 2017, 6:47:36 AM
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Goredeath wrote:
faster trading progress

I'm fairly certain Chris has said he considers the current system to be too convenient.

Sometimes what the players want isn't what the developers want.

Oh really? So how about they restrict access to the api info and kill poe trade, if they think it's too convenient? Or are they too scared? It's not like poe trade is outside their control, they themselves allowed it and can pull the trigger at any moment.

Seriously, relying on a third-party fanmade website to handle such a big part of your game, while maintaining this limp and passive stance towards the whole issue doesn't reflect well on the developers. The trading improvements were promised for YEARS (and they are still being promised, check out the last Q&A).

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

"
Tr3Angel wrote:

Then maybe you should use your bot in Frankfurt stock exchange? Get milions of $$$ without efforts.....

I know right, why won't he... Oh wait, because it's not actually that easy, unless the person behind the design of the trading system is completely incompetent tool or doesn't give a damn (blizzard)?
Last edited by MECHanokl on Aug 16, 2017, 7:04:04 AM
What would be nice to have as a trading tool is a posting tool in game, much similar to poe trade but with limitations on the amount of traded items per day.

But i dont see it happening since someone, somewhere is making money out of poe trade. Whether its the site owner with the adds or the annoying currency sellers.
Life goes by like a fart in the wind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info