Why is there no auction house?

I wish we just had this for maps and currency....

It feels impossible to sustain higher level reds and people don't seem to ever respond to PM's to trade maps. I can buy a 1C unique faster than a 5c map. I have no idea why.
It's not worth the effort to trade for a map. Trade for 20. People will take time for that.
Trading for maps and orbs is a huge pain in the ass. I am strongly in favor for having AH for those
"
TorsoReaper wrote:
I wish we just had this for maps and currency....

It feels impossible to sustain higher level reds and people don't seem to ever respond to PM's to trade maps. I can buy a 1C unique faster than a 5c map. I have no idea why.

Automated currency trading would be a nightmare. Right now, the thing keeping everything in check is the inconvenience of sending tells and meeting up with others. It's much harder to corner and play the market that way.

While I'd love to see a change to how we acquire maps, that can be tricky as well as automating trade of those could also end up with top tier maps being price fixed or used as currency to an extent. And thus you have automated currency trading
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Aug 27, 2018, 2:46:00 PM
"
Bhaaly wrote:
Trading for maps and orbs is a huge pain in the ass. I am strongly in favor for having AH for those

I would prefer bound maps and better/more relevant drop rates. Meaning, reduce the randomness of map drops and increase the quantity. Eliminating the need to trade maps would do this game a lot of good in my extremely humble opinion. It could also kill it I guess. No easy answers in Wraeclast.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
yes please! Chris confirmed
Thread #87485 about AH and general trading issues on forum in 5+ years.
I think we reached that point ...

Keep hope ( ahah )
Hf :)
"
Tilveran wrote:
The key to an effective AH in PoE is to get the fees right. Make the fee equal to the price and people will balk at flipping.

Alternatively, have no AH but Player Shops instead.
* The PS is an NPC container that you put your items in and set prices on. GGG makes purchacing one an MTX that goes in your hideout.
* GGG can sell skins for the PS and extra sales tabs for it to make some real $$$. Maybe your PS is a ragged exile with a crappy looking stand, or maybe it's a living gold statue with an ornate table etc.
* Tons of skinning/theme possibilities for players and GGG.
* Buyers of your items can find them through the API/3rd party website/notice board or whatever. Then they will visit your hideout to collect the items off the NPC so you still get to show your hideout off.
* No automated collection.

Players that attempt to buy out the market on a given item, like headhunters, then resell at a much higher price quickly becomes a problem.

Adding to Tilveran's good suggestions, do one of the following:

1. bind the purchased item to the account. a player can only sell what they find, not what they have bought. Prevents hoarding, sniping and price inflation due to resell.

2. bind the purchased item to the account with an expiration date that allows the item to be put back on sale. The player has to wait 1, 3 or 12 months before being able to resell.

Binding to the account permanently is my favorite. Would bring POE back to "Path of Exile" from "Path of Economics" (i.e. POE Day Trading). Easy to implement as it only adds a bit field to the item's object definition and is toggled true when the item is sold via Tilveran's Player Shop NPC. All existing player inventory defaults to "found" (available for sale, not bound to account) status when this PS NPC patch is initially published.
"

Adding to Tilveran's good suggestions, do one of the following:

1. bind the purchased item to the account. a player can only sell what they find, not what they have bought. Prevents hoarding, sniping and price inflation due to resell.

2. bind the purchased item to the account with an expiration date that allows the item to be put back on sale. The player has to wait 1, 3 or 12 months before being able to resell.

Binding to the account permanently is my favorite. Would bring POE back to "Path of Exile" from "Path of Economics" (i.e. POE Day Trading). Easy to implement as it only adds a bit field to the item's object definition and is toggled true when the item is sold via Tilveran's Player Shop NPC. All existing player inventory defaults to "found" (available for sale, not bound to account) status when this PS NPC patch is initially published.

GGG will never bind items to an account. Luckily.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
-
Last edited by SweetChilli on Aug 28, 2018, 3:48:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info