Why is there no auction house?

It's same trade system we have now but even more systematic. No ripping off anyone and faster trading progress.
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2018, 12:26:03 AM
"
Goredeath wrote:
faster trading progress

I'm fairly certain Chris has said he considers the current system to be too convenient.

Sometimes what the players want isn't what the developers want.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I see only 2 choices.

1. Remove special properties from unique items so your build is not dependant on them and intruduce to get them other way (like canai cube in diablo3).

2. If trading is core part of game to obtain items for specific builds then make trading proper and systematic with auction house.
Well, if you can let other to do your work for free, why should you do it yourself?

Auction house is not POE culture. Manual trading is POE culture. With glorious scammer and silly newbie to be tricked and such. This made POE more hardcore and cultured. Wreaclast never like hero much. They don't even have money...just that blue thingy..and that creepy face orb thingy.
"
Nuhanzer wrote:
Well, if you can let other to do your work for free, why should you do it yourself?

Auction house is not POE culture. Manual trading is POE culture. With glorious scammer and silly newbie to be tricked and such. This made POE more hardcore and cultured. Wreaclast never like hero much. They don't even have money...just that blue thingy..and that creepy face orb thingy.

Trading is not difficult really, it's just not convenient and badly build system.

When you're forced to go 3rd party websites which does job for this game you kind of lose respect for this built bad designed feature.
I am strongly in favor at least for an AH for consumables such as maps and small orbs. It is such a pain to trade for these and an in house system could remove the horribleness of market fixing seen on poetrade.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Because we don't need one.
A limited Auction house would actually be way better for this game then what we have now. But I'm afraid it's far to late for that. They couldn't design a trade system in time and poe.trade/3rd party tools took over. Anything they make now would have to be better or else nobody would care. Or they would have to shutdown 3rd party support and really nail home a new trade system.
Auction house is a dangerous thing. Even now with poe trade people complain about item sniping, that some people who play the trading game using macros end up controlling a big part of the market by buying and relisting items. This would get even worse with an ah.

Furthermore, an auctionhouse further encourages playing the trade game, instead of the real game. This is something the devs don't want. Even now it is very easy to buy op lvling gear for a couple c and breeze through a1-10.
I would love an AH, it would save so much time as you wouldn't have to message the first 20 people on the list who all seem to be afk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info