[3.11] Kitava's Thirst Builds - Flame Surge/Blade Vortex - Sirus /T16 Farm

Thanks so much for the help. Delve is my first league playing PoE and this is currently my main build so I'm trying to learn as i go. Just a few other things, Is Wise Oak useful if fire isn't your highest res, or do resists need to be balanced to get value out of it? Also, I'm thinking of running a quicksilver while mapping, i just find that flame dash isn't a great skill for getting around the map.
You're right, if you wanna use Wise Oak at its full potential you'll need balanced resists. The "Weighted Sum" option in the stat filter of trade search tool is very useful for that, it allows you make a search based on the relative difference between your three different resists.

If you're concentrating on mapping/clearing, a Quicksilver will be better, just not against big bosses when you need to max out your DPS. I agree, this build isn't very mobile, because of having a staff.
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Oct 10, 2018, 3:01:57 AM
Bump, small update, introducting a Blade Vortex variation. It is good.
Bump, 3.5 coming, buffed again as usual. :)
Will the POB links be updated for 3.5? Was hoping to start with a version of this.
Last edited by BuffMcLargeHuge on Dec 6, 2018, 3:52:08 PM
It will be when when PoB is updated with the items and gems for 3.5.

For now, you can check the links at the top (build is very similar). :)
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Dec 6, 2018, 3:57:29 PM
I've been thinking of playing this build on a Scion/Ascendant with Slayer/Elementalist points for cheaper access to Vaal Pact and better leech. But I'm not sure if I can upkeep mana (~ 500 mana regen per sec, Flame surge cost of 146 mana per cast), might have to figure something along.
"
I've been thinking of playing this build on a Scion/Ascendant with Slayer/Elementalist points for cheaper access to Vaal Pact and better leech. But I'm not sure if I can upkeep mana (~ 500 mana regen per sec, Flame surge cost of 146 mana per cast), might have to figure something along.

Trickster ascendancy is really strong with this build. Slayer Ascendant gives no leech rate bonus, whereas Trickster gives you recovery rate and mana regen.

Watcher's Eye with Clarity mods is really strong too, and a must have if you're not playing Trickster.

I'm guessing you're using Fevered Mind. Maybe try the others sources of inc. mana cost, like Doedre's Malevolence or Voidbringer, to get a lower mana cost.
How are the brands fitting in? The new Vortex has crazy numbers was wondering if it could be thrown into the helmet somewhere or if the Brand package just performs outright better
Armageddon Brand is very strong. It's a reliable source of ignite and holds up between helmet procs, so you can keep doing damage even when unlucky.
Vortex has better damage now, but now also has a cooldown so I'm not sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info