[3.11] Kitava's Thirst Builds - Flame Surge/Blade Vortex - Sirus /T16 Farm

"
AlsoD wrote:
So in summary the build is definitely viable. Variants are:
- budget (15c): dual Apep's Trickster
- medium (85c): Quill Rain + Fevered Mind Trickster
- high (3ex): Watcher's Eye + Fevered Mind Assassin

Just from a rough PoB the Assassin does nearly double the Trickster's damage. It would look like this: https://pastebin.com/RfFJshRY

Note that I couldn't get PoB to calculate Kitava's Thirst so you need to manually add up the per-hit damage (base + poison * chance to poison) for each skill, then multiply that by 0.3 and your attacks per second.

Interesting, especially for clearing. The idea of going full movement speed would feel really nice.

I've been looking at Assassin's versions of my build but I never got greedy enough to lose the defenses. Maybe I'll do it this time, for the 4M DPS glory. :)

I'd try Coralito's Signature, since the more you have the better your dps will be on single target.
I'd drop Arc also, since it feels out of place in a poison build.

How does it compare with Asenath's Chant which has better stats (except for the 250ms cooldown). Have you tried it?
Coralito's Signature registered on PoB as a very large DPS loss since you still deal very good initial hits, and
1) three spells do way more dps than two, arc or not; and
2) there's not really three spells that can poison well and benefit from being cast 3-4 times per second. Unless you get something that lets elemental damage poison (while already being extremely constrained on unique slots with the weapon, gloves, and helmet reserved), Dark Pact is the only only spell I can think of and I have no idea how to sustain 3+ casts of that per second. Maybe I'll give it a try to see if leech/TT is enough?

I did try Chant and it was way worse. It has a cooldown, and only triggers one spell at a time. Thirst has an extremely small cooldown (if any) and triggers all three spells at once.

Although if there's no reason to go Trickster you don't necessarily even have to be Assassin - Witch, Pathfinder, and especially Raider all seem good. Raider in particular gets 9 frenzy charges and ludicrous attack speed - exceeding 10/s.

Arc, fireball, and freeze pulse? Firestorm for bosses?
Last edited by AlsoD on Sep 17, 2018, 2:56:47 PM
If a third spell is better I'd definitely use GC.
And I forgot about Chant's wording, indeed it is only a spell.

Also, I like Trickster for the defensive perks and cast speed bonuses, but with a bow build w enters a whole new territorry. Could be fun to explore other classes further. :)
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Sep 17, 2018, 5:09:46 PM
If I'm going really wild here, Inquisitor with the Consecrated Ground branch gives almost as much attack speed as Raider does plus a lot more besides if we have 3 elemental spells. Might be a pain to travel to the max frenzy charges though.
I'm thinking of giving this build a try in Delve. Any things i need to watch out for or updates from your experience?
I haven't had the time to play this build for the moment, so my experience in Delve is a little behind.
Placement is very important with this build, if you're in the middle of a pack you're likely to clear much less faster than being around it, when the spells trigger.
In delves this could be tricky, and if you're not careful you could miss packs or get stuck in darkness if you don't have flares/quartz flask.
So I'm nearing level 80. My issues are defenses. any recommendations for some cheaper gear the stuff in the guide is kinda high for me right now.
Last edited by TricksterNo1 on Sep 29, 2018, 4:11:29 AM
You need more mana, with almost 50% MoM you need as much unreserved mana as life. You're already at 6k effective hp, you can push to 7k easily.

Flask wise, I'd drop the quicksilver for a Jade, or Wise Oak.

You're doing fine, the 80-90 levels are always a little more difficult while you're gearing for endgame.
SO I'm rolling towards level 90. managed to 6 link the pledge of hands and its feeling good, also got rid of the ignite package. I'm still struggling to find mana, if you have any suggestions on where i can find some that would be great. Otherwise this character is doing good and I'm having a blast!
Looking really good right now, congrats for the 6L. :)
You should get those lvl 20 support gems to 20% quality with the gcp recipe, you can gain like +10% more dps easily.

Now you can aim for the big boy endgame items : Skyforth and Watcher's Eye with 2 mods : MoM and the Trickster passive so you can drop Clarity to lvl 1, unlock no regen maps and pushing your mana to get 7k+ effective hp.

Then if you find a 0.5% fire leech corrupt helmet, you won't even need Warlord's Mark to leech (doesn't hurt to keep it though), so it unlocks hexproof maps. It only leaves elemental reflect/cannot leech as the only counter mods.

Consolidate your resistances and then take Atziri's Acuity, then you'll be perfect.

Good luck! :)

Btw, I just started a Blade Vortex variation of the build (with GC/Bladefall in helmet), I'll update the guide soon. Currently lvl 88, with 7.6k effective hp. Single target dps is lower but mobility and clear speed is improved, which is good for Delve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info