[3.11] Kitava's Thirst Builds - Flame Surge/Blade Vortex - Sirus /T16 Farm

"
dantven wrote:
Cool build! Have you thought about using that sword that heals when you get ignited? Might be good for this build since you can use whirling blades, fortify and also the added healing. Or do you think it's tanky enough?

Also what weapon do you recommend now? Pledge? Is the EE version the best?

Hi, thank you !

Razor of the Seventh Sun's heal could be interesting, however that's pretty much the only useful mod for this build, as this build doesn't deal much burning damage.
Coupled with a decent shield, it is a good defensive variant.

If you keep using a staff, Pledge is realy strong. You get around +1k unreserved mana, and a 7L.
Martyr of Innoncence is also good, has utility mods, is cheaper, but deals a little less damage (no EE).

The only other strong, and expensive, DPS upgrade, is a +3 fire staff, with (really) good DPS mods. To surpass Pledge you need at least +100% Spell Damage, with crit chance/Multi.

About EE, I'm still trying it out, but it seems to be working fine without using a spell totem.

My main worry was to be sure that Ball Lightning+Orb of Storms+Arc ticks fast enough to follow the Flame Surge Casts (around 9/second). It's difficult to quantify, but you can see the resists changing really fast on bosses.
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Sep 11, 2017, 7:53:04 AM
tell me why the kitava helm fires when it feels like it ?
i use 110 mana to cast the surge but the spells in helm do not activate ?
is the helm coded to fire randomly ??
too fucking random as to when it DOES fire the spells.. its literally getting me killed too often
"
B3RTY wrote:
tell me why the kitava helm fires when it feels like it ?
i use 110 mana to cast the surge but the spells in helm do not activate ?
is the helm coded to fire randomly ??
too fucking random as to when it DOES fire the spells.. its literally getting me killed too often

It is a 30% chance to cast all spells, and it does not roll independantly for each spell, it's every spell or no spell at all.
It can be frustrating sometimes, I agree, that's why cast speed is very important for this build to work, even with a fast spell like Flame Surge.

IMO Kitava's Thirst is one of the uniques that deserves a little love from GGG, 30% can feel kinda low sometimes.
Hi there, really awesome & unique build! But I have 1 question: Confused about your EE mechanic. I'm assuming you're procing the bonus resistance on fire when you flame dash into people, then benefit from the lowered lightning resists when Kitava triggers. However you have magma orb in there? Isn't that a waste since magma orb is fire dmg and won't benefit from EE? I must be missing something here.

Edit: Grammar

Edit 2: I'm dumb
Last edited by SoupyNuggs on Sep 14, 2017, 7:37:41 PM
"
SoupyNuggs wrote:
Hi there, really awesome & unique build! But I have 2 questions:

1) Why the 2nd flame dash in your chest to go along with orb of storms?

2) Confused about your EE mechanic. I'm assuming you're procing the bonus resistance on fire when you flame dash into people, then benefit from the lowered lightning resists when Kitava triggers. However you have magma orb in there? Isn't that a waste since magma orb is fire dmg and won't benefit from EE? I must be missing something here.

Edit: Grammar

1)Just to benefit from Faster Casting without having to use another. Arcane Surge unfortunatly doesn't work since Walk the Ether removes the mana cost. (Edit : hey, I'm also dumb !)

2)Exactly, but the opposite. :) I use the triggered lightning/cold spells, and orb of storms, to lower fire res and deal more single target damage with Flame Surge.

Another interesting mechanic, note that even if all spells in helmet are triggered at the same time, the spells are actually cast one after another (like CWDT) clockwise from the top left socket, so putting Vortex between two lightning spells actually triggers EE several times instantly.
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Sep 14, 2017, 7:54:39 PM
"
Sarodh1 wrote:

Another interesting mechanic, note that even if all spells in helmet are triggered at the same time, the spells are actually cast one after another (like CWDT) clockwise from the top left socket, so putting Vortex between two lightning spells actually triggers EE several times instantly.

I see so given your current setup, it'll cast arc, which will lower fire and cold res, buffing magma orb and vortex dmg, which then lowers lightning res and benefits ball lightning. And after that rotation has run its course, you'll still end up with enemies with lower fire res which is what you want as you spam flame surge.

Still, EE feels clunky with this build since you are spamming flame dash and flame surge so much it feels like most of the time as you are giving enemies a bonus to fire res.
"
SoupyNuggs wrote:
I see so given your current setup, it'll cast arc, which will lower fire and cold res, buffing magma orb and vortex dmg, which then lowers lightning res and benefits ball lightning. And after that rotation has run its course, you'll still end up with enemies with lower fire res which is what you want as you spam flame surge.

Still, EE feels clunky with this build since you are spamming flame dash and flame surge so much it feels like most of the time as you are giving enemies a bonus to fire res.

Except that Ball Lightning ticks 5 times per second, add Orb of Storms, and a second Ball Lightning on top of that and it can keep up pretty good with Flame Surge.

Flame Dash is one isolated cast, so it's irrelevant for EE. The burning ground is good to ensure igniting, though.
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Sep 14, 2017, 8:03:04 PM
figured out the issue.. its not the 30% chance..
its the fkin poe engine, on wireless with minimum 60 latency the engine is not giving the procs. even on predictive..
was enjoying the build sadly.
W-W-W-What ?!

I am not aware of this issue, can you explain please, or link a source ?
Here comes a little push for an amazing build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info