[3.0] Abberath's Herald Of Destruction - Autobombing Wraeclast

I have a bad feeling that this build is dead as the OP's Autobomber character has been stripped down to zero gear. I'll post my own findings in hopes that it helps someone else but I think I'm going to retire this character here shortly.

Potential Upgrades:

I think Choir of the Storm should really be added to the list of recommended uniques. It has 50% Lightning Damage and 75-76% Crit depending on if we take the Unnatural Calm notable near Elemental Overload. Additionally the lightning bolt granted by the necklace is actually quite formidable.

Here is what it looks like at lvl 75:

Spoiler

I would also highly recommend that you add an Inspired Learning Jewel to the jewel slot on the far right just above Blood Drinker

Jewel location:

Spoiler

Defenses:

I'd really like to see a way to incorporate more defense into this build. A standard CWDT/Immortal Call/Warlords Mark is just not enough and the ES/Armor/Evasion values of the required uniques are just terrible.

A perfect Coming Calamity with 20% Quality gives us 229 ES

A perfect Tempest Binding with 20% Quality gives us 326 EV & 101 ES

A perfect Abberath's Hooves with 20% Quality gives us 50 EV

A prefect Southbound (You could use a rare) with 20% Quality gives us 110 Armour & 22 ES

Double Doryani's offers ZERO defensive benefits outside of .4% Life Leech

So that gives us a grand total of 352 ES, 376 EV and 110 Armour

Advice for people who are considering this build:

If it looks like fun, give it a shot but be warned...

Realistically someone needs to sit down and reevaluate ways to add more survivability. The only defensive benefit this build has is that you can kill the mobs (most of the time) before they can kill you, however, if you're unlucky enough to take a hit you will almost assuredly proc Immortal Call and/or die. Bosses past Act 5 are virtually impossible or extremely long. Harbingers just completely f**k your day up/ They'll require a lot of patience and some luck depending on the mob types that spawn.

The core concept of the build is there but it's just way too glass cannon to play seriously. Additionally the cost is so prohibitive for what this build is currently capable of I wouldn't even recommend this as just a basic map clearing build.

On a positive note I think this build does have potential and I'd love to see someone continue to try and take it to the next level.

@Lemistio: Great post.

Agree with everything. Really hope someone will make an improved AB build.
There is mine MF options for Aqueduct speed farming, once 5 hour you can made 500+ c, over 7 tabula alaways trying vaal orb for +1 lvl. Im made chaos recipe with 2 quad stashe's it's really money maker as fuck. Im got res -40%, -14%, -40% but is not problem, reflect can pain sometimes but i met rarely. This is also good options for leveling Gem ;)

"
Last edited by jasinsky82 on Sep 22, 2017, 5:08:50 PM
Shame I haven't played this in 2.6. Really fun, kinda fast, absolutely incapable of killing bosses. Tried 6l staff on weapon swap with vrf, still not enough. The only way you can get oneshot on the boss is some juicy headhunter es buff. Surviveability is completely fine, 5.8k life at 89, might hit something close to 6.5k later on.
Spoiler
The solution is on this thread for bosses:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006574

Atm, i'm only 83 but it feels more confortable. I don't follow exactly the tree and try to build an hybrid between both builds.

"
I have this if anyone needs.

I presume it's not free... how much is it? Or have you already sold it?
Hi,

this build is a blast for me, thx !!!! I wonder what helm enchant is better, +40% dmg Herald of Ice or Thunder ? or should i looki for % mana reserve ?
"
limoj wrote:
Hi,

this build is a blast for me, thx !!!! I wonder what helm enchant is better, +40% dmg Herald of Ice or Thunder ? or should i looki for % mana reserve ?

Mana reserve does nothing, heralds are always 45%. go for thunder.
Any thoughts on replacing Vaal rf with ice golem + support gems and then an unsocketed maybe with Vaal breach to deal with bosses?
Last edited by DanuTalis on Sep 27, 2017, 2:03:35 AM
"
dzmv95 wrote:
heyo, trying the build and i was wondering a couple things, are heralds influenced by
or from crit chance/multi with lightning skills(obviously for HoT) on jews?

Mantra of Flame will only affect your steps, since heralds aren't considered spells. They are still affect by mods that apply to their element or elemental damage in general.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info