[3.0] Abberath's Herald Of Destruction - Autobombing Wraeclast

Doing this build at the moment in HHC and while I only just reached map, it's destroying Tier 1-2 map clearing. After doing 15 maps I had a solid 215m exp/hour with the gears and links listed below, not sure if aoe on HoI is actually worth it but I don't really struggle killing any packs (except the weirdly tanky Harbringer packs which take a few runs). The 4l Realm Ender is working pretty well, even with the weird cold to fire it brings, giving some pretty good +levels and weird 5l.
Bisco's Leash because I wanted to go faster.
One jewel (in the shadow area) is Inspired Learning which is kinda nice to use with the pretty damn good clearspeed I have.

Leveled with Hoves all the way and it was pretty smooth, except for bosses being a pain (so I got most after A6 boosted.

Going to try and farm Atziri on my ED/Blighter for some Doryani and try to get towards that, chaos store is slightly low atm to buy in HHC. Links are most likely going to be reworked but so far everything melts. Also see if I can snag a lvl 20 herald of thunder (vaaled a 20/20 HoI to 19/20 :()

Current gear - Character is VRF_CSSMode:
"
Deadbringer wrote:
Seems like a dead build...no support from the host and i stopped playing it cause it doesnt feels that good /painful to reach 75. I just put freezepulse in a 3l and reach 15kdps so maybe ill push lvl later,when i get more currency for this. Not sure how to scale the dmg but without doryani its huge garbage.

It definitely needs some currency to get started. Most importantly, gemlevels for HoI, HoT, and added cold/lightning damage.
Leveling was insanely fast before Doryani's for me, just use other elemental sceptres. You can even craft leech on them.

Also you don't even have cruel lab with the basecrit Assassin node. This is actually where most of the damage comes from, since you scale the Herald damage through crit.

"
hey mate im doing kinda the same build atm,i wanted to ask u is it really worth linking heralds with crit becouse i just leveled 53 and put increase critical strikes with herald of thunder and the crit become 5% the crit from the skill three dont count?

Since Heralds are not spells, you can't get Spellcrit. You can only scale it through generic critical strike chances. This is one of the reasons for the power charges.
Since Heralds don't have a basecrit chance, you need to get them one through Increased Critical Strikes gem and the assassin ascendancy node. Both are very, very important. I can't stress this enough.
Last edited by tehprell on Sep 6, 2017, 8:14:05 PM
I'm using the increased critical strikes gem on my heralds, but they remain at 5%.. still early-ish leveling, but does it ever increase much? What's the crit chance with the gem + ascendancy + power charges?

Also, I recommend
for leveling. 2 of means you get a ton of flat life, lots of %dmg increase, and blind chance which helps survivability a ton.. at least until level 75 for Doryanis
No mercy for the weak. No pity for the dying. No tears for the slain.
Last edited by sladverr on Sep 7, 2017, 4:03:57 PM
"
sladverr wrote:
I'm using the increased critical strikes gem on my heralds, but they remain at 5%.. still early-ish leveling, but does it ever increase much? What's the crit chance with the gem + ascendancy + power charges?

Also, I recommend
for leveling. 2 of means you get a ton of flat life, lots of %dmg increase, and blind chance which helps survivability a ton.. at least until level 75 for Doryanis

With the gear I posted above, which doesn't have much inherent crit, and full charges I go to around 23-24% crit with Heralds using a lvl 18 crit strike gem. Cruel lab does a lot.
Something weird i've noticed with this build (which i'm in love with) is that sometimes it just won't do any damage at all. It also will sometimes just not grant me experience. I've done an entire map and not gotten a single point of experience, something must be weird there.

Also on some harb packs i will just go from full health (close to 6k including a full ES) and just get 1 shot.

I'm also barely able to do any damage to a boss with vaal RF, not sure what i'm missing there. the difference of 1k health shouldn't be that bad, couldn't even 1 shot a boss with it on a t4 map.
Last edited by DjRiff on Sep 9, 2017, 6:16:17 PM
hey man can you update your tree for level 95 becuase right now im level 83 and i dont really know wich node in the tree i should take until i hit level 100 ty good guide by the way keep up the good work my man :)
Last edited by qcjoc99 on Sep 10, 2017, 6:36:04 AM
Hi, using the build now and absolutely loving it.

Quick question though.

Under your Pros & Cons section, one of the cons you mention is that the build gets expensive when you want to scale it past mid tier.

So my question is if you had the currency, what changes would you make to this build?

What other unique items would you recommend that may cost more?

Thanks.

what helm enchant is best ice or thunder?
Hey,

I'm using herald of thunder enchant.

I'm using a bit different setup, with +1 corrupted chest and empower. I tried using herald of ice in chest, but it didn't feel so smooth as it took often quite a while to get the first kill that triggered the herald of ice chain. Whit HoI in helm, it still blows normal and magic packs in single chain, and HoT in chest with empower reliably kills one normal or magic mob to start the chain.

Next thing I'll do is trying to replace the boots and try some single-target spell for getting the first kill. After first kill with boots, I'm usually able to clear whole map by just running ahead.
I'm lvl 81 with 4k life, 0.8% lifeleech, able to clear tier 10 maps and tier 6 bosses. Going for scion life wheel.

Harbingers are sometimes slow and troublesome, and map mods I'm avoiding are elereflect and reduced chance to be affected by elemental ailments. The ailment reduction blocks the HoI chain almost completely. Eleresist, more life or elemental equilibrium are fine.

Vaal RF doesn't feel very powerful, I'm using it mostly to kill rare monsters or harbinger packs, but it's not enough for bosses. It makes the bosskilling faster, saves maybe 20 seconds from a minute of running circles around the boss.

Here's my build:
DiableJambeKelastrasza
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrBlanco/characters

There's another take on this build with cospri's sword:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E17KCxdkvo

I'll try next switching to Esh's mirror and instead of hooves, using The Writhing Jar and shield charge to get the HoT buff.
Last edited by MrBlanco on Sep 17, 2017, 2:37:45 PM
heyo, trying the build and i was wondering a couple things, are heralds influenced by
or from crit chance/multi with lightning skills(obviously for HoT) on jews?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info