[3.3] Low Budget - Animate Weapon Bowmancer

"
Erelyes wrote:
How do you have your hotkeys set up? I seem to run out of them, do you switch at boss time etc?
What skills are you using? You should only need 4, the arrow skill, mirror arrow, vaal haste and elemental weakness. 5 when you want to use a movement skill like blink arrow or flame dash.

"
Erelyes wrote:
I suggest maybe add some info to the gear in terms of - what's essential, what's important, and what are nice to haves (e.g. incr. duration on immortal call is probably the latter?)
I mainly focus on the low budget aspect in this guide, that's why i listed uniques like astramentis and bisco's as optional. But i could add a "nice to have" section to the guide for people who want to invest some currency, you are right. This would include fear essence crafted gear, cause i think it's more important to get life+resist rares early on instead of focusing on minion move speed and life on rares.

"
Erelyes wrote:
Some general noob stuff around flasks would be nice - remove bleeding, remove chill, any handy uniques (maybe Lion's Roar while getting the initial kills / as a supplemental panic flask?)
Yea, i should also add flasks to the guide, good point. But wasting a flask slot only for the flee and knockback? That sounds likea huge waste.

"
I'm also finding it really hard to get going at the start with mirror arrow, the mirror minion is super squishy.
Do you maybe not use a golem? Or are your gems not high enough level for the mirror arrow to deal enough damage? This should usually be enough damage/meatshielding to get the first weapon casted, which is enough to get going.
Update:
-Added a dps section
this seems like a nice build for chaining t10-t13 shaped maps
i would roll with a grip of the council over shapers touch imo
since i like deeps over survivability lol.
"
Doyzord wrote:
this seems like a nice build for chaining t10-t13 shaped maps
i would roll with a grip of the council over shapers touch imo
since i like deeps over survivability lol.
Rare gloves with 25 dex add more damage than Grip of the Council because there is almost no physical damage to convert and you also proc Elemental Equilibrium with cold damage. Get some non-trash rare ones and you can roll with both.
never played AW before, but yea seems like this build scales everything with auras + added lightning
so grip is rip i guess.

anyway.

have you tried experimenting with poison?
apparently if minions kill with thier poison proccs the kill credit is given to you instead
another auto AW build using jorhasts utilizes this bug/mechanic, have no idea if it works with nulls though since the wording for the on kill effect is different to jorhasts
Last edited by Doyzord on Sep 10, 2017, 3:17:30 PM
Currently level 83 in hardcore and have brought it up to t8-9 maps. I'm currently working on my Atlas, but I'll get back to you. I'm still trying things around and I'm not using elemental weakness (even though I should).

I'm sitting around 4.6klife/700es. and that is with taking the life nodes next to the aura node in the top right of the tree. Who doesn't want more life.
I feel tanky, but I'm pretty careful with around 38% evasion. This build is making me bank. It's awesome. 10/10 would recommend.

(also, I've made it this high with just a 4 link)
Just a little update. I did the breachhead ezpz.
It was only a tier 5, but once I had 40+ weapons, everything just got obliterated. I'm still not using ew, but I'll figure it out.

<3
"
Doyzord wrote:
have you tried experimenting with poison?
apparently if minions kill with thier poison proccs the kill credit is given to you instead
another auto AW build using jorhasts utilizes this bug/mechanic, have no idea if it works with nulls though since the wording for the on kill effect is different to jorhasts
Since im pretty sure it only counts on bow kills and not on poison i have not really played around with poison too much. Also because everything scales just too well with Anger, Wrath and Elemental Equilibrium.
I thought about doing something with "Cospri's Will", "Vile Toxins Support", triple curse. But i doubt that would turn out viable at all.

"
Aurric4 wrote:
Currently level 83 in hardcore and have brought it up to t8-9 maps. I'm currently working on my Atlas, but I'll get back to you. I'm still trying things around and I'm not using elemental weakness (even though I should).

I'm sitting around 4.6klife/700es. and that is with taking the life nodes next to the aura node in the top right of the tree. Who doesn't want more life.
I feel tanky, but I'm pretty careful with around 38% evasion. This build is making me bank. It's awesome. 10/10 would recommend.

(also, I've made it this high with just a 4 link)
Nice to hear you like it and also nice to hear how it does in HC. Im not really a hardcore player and because of that i personally would not recommend this build for hardcore though. I sit at around 5000 life, if i would actually start to invest in proper rares and jewels i would have 6000. As you said in hardcore you might want to get more life on the tree. You could probably even give up some offensive nodes since the damage is there.
Probably also not so punishing dying with a 4- or 5-link Null's and two other 1c uniques i imagine.

"
Aurric4 wrote:
Just a little update. I did the breachhead ezpz.
It was only a tier 5, but once I had 40+ weapons, everything just got obliterated. I'm still not using ew, but I'll figure it out.
I did some T15 beachheads and it seems that the bossfight just gives you some white weapons now especially for AW builds. So far it was always enough to keep me at around 30-40.
Are you using a Vaal Haste yet? If not it adds a lot more dps for bosses than EW, so get that first. You can also use it for breaches/harbingers.
"
Nice to hear you like it and also nice to hear how it does in HC. Im not really a hardcore player and because of that i personally would not recommend this build for hardcore though. I sit at around 5000 life, if i would actually start to invest in proper rares and jewels i would have 6000. As you said in hardcore you might want to get more life on the tree. You could probably even give up some offensive nodes since the damage is there.
Probably also not so punishing dying with a 4- or 5-link Null's and two other 1c uniques i imagine.

Most of the equipment I'm running are around 5-6c. If I got more life and went 20-30c on my equipment, I would be running around 5.5k I'd like to think. I'm currently looking to see if I can get some %life jewels, but they're so expensive in HC.

"
I did some T15 beachheads and it seems that the bossfight just gives you some white weapons now especially for AW builds. So far it was always enough to keep me at around 30-40.
Are you using a Vaal Haste yet? If not it adds a lot more dps for bosses than EW, so get that first. You can also use it for breaches/harbingers.

I am running vaal haste and it does wonders in boss fights or harbingers. Most of the time it's readily available. I would be running EW, but I ran into issues with sockets. I'd rather not recolor. As for H/C viability. I think it's totally viable, I'm just safe. I wouldn't suggest Monsters can't be stunned. I feel that most of the AW stun is a big help. I'll keep you updated.

Oh and I went into the beachhead boss area and switched weapons and lost all of my weapons. I managed to leave with 50+. ahah.

Edit--
Equipment:
Last edited by Aurric4 on Sep 10, 2017, 10:43:33 PM
"
Aurric4 wrote:
I would be running EW, but I ran into issues with sockets. I'd rather not recolor.
I guess you prefer leveling your Added Lightning. I only really use EW on tanky bosses with tanky map mods anyway.
But i see you use Haste and Clarity in the chest, so you give up the 20 all res from the ascendancy on purpose?

"
Aurric4 wrote:
I wouldn't suggest Monsters can't be stunned.
Yea, the stunlock of the weapons is a nice defensive layer. Since im SC i run every map mod i can, the only two mods that cant be done are ele reflect and no mana regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info