[3.3] Low Budget - Animate Weapon Bowmancer

"
Hey, nice to see people try this in HC, good luck.

Here are some things you can do to increase their damage and survivability:

-Take the Minion Life Regen and Minion Leech nodes on the passive tree
-Get a higher level AW, this adds both damage and life. Level 19 or 20/21 if you can afford it
-Try to fit Elemental Equilibrium into your build, huge damage increase (but you need to get rid of the added fire/lightning damage on your gear for that)
-Get "Invoker" from the third lab, but you know this already
-Recolor your bow, so you can add a flesh Offering into it

Your damage comes almost entirely from the auras and from Elemental Equilibrium, so if you have passive points to spend, you should get the aura nodes to increase your damage.
If you can get rid of the added fire and lightning damage on your gear to use Elemental Equilibrium, then you need to either use Ice Shot or you need added cold damage on your gear.

I hope this was helpful, tell me if these things fixed your problems.

Thanks for your fast response :-)

- I recolored my bow to and put "bone offering" into it because I had the feeling that this would make my swords stronger. Will try "flesh offering" as well.
- I thought I should take "invoker" in the 4th lab, but will take it now in the 3rd if you think this would be best.
- My budget is rather small right now (2c :D) but I can buy a lvl19 "aw" for 1c... wanted to buy the "garukhan's flight boots" instead though to be more safe :)
- I will have a look into how to get rid fire/lightning on my gear. Will have to get rid of that "lightning golem" as well I guess. Will probably take the stone golem...
- Should I prioritize the minion-nodes or the aura nodes? Currently I have 8 points left...

Your post was definitely helpful and gave me some new directions on where I should develop my character to. I was able to clear the "Lookout Map" with the "bone offering" I swapped in after my initial post. Although, I did not risk the to take down the boss...
Oh yeah, i put Invoker as the fourth choice. I need to change that, Invoker is too good for the AW survivability, Mistress of Sacrifice just adds damage and a bit of duration.

You should prioritize the stuff that makes your build "work" in the first place. Means get the stuff first that makes your AW survive in your current map tiers.

And one tip since you are HC: You want an Abyss jewel with the "minions have a chance to taunt on hit" mod. They should perma taunt every mob and every boss, because there are so many attacks happening in this build.

Edit: I remember now why i recommend Invoker last, because it's better for SRS to take Mistress first.
Last edited by Clooney_is_best_Batman on Mar 17, 2018, 1:42:28 PM
Mistress of Sacrifice also increases your own survivability if you're using Bone OFfering, as it grants you half the benefit of the offering. I took it third and Invoker last.

Do you have Life Flasks of Animation? I'm using a Catalysed Eternal Life Flask of Animation and a Seething Divine Life Flask of Animation. I'm also using Soul of Ryslatha to increase my flask charges. This will greatly increase the survivability of your minions.

Lastly, you don't need to get rid of the Lightning Golem. Its lightning damage won't trigger EE. Granted, a Stone or Chaos Golem will increase your survivability; Lightning Golem is mostly QoL and I should switch to Stone or Chaos.

Good luck in HC! I died a bunch of times to the Elder Guardians and still can't defeat the Elder on a T9 map yet (ran out of portals I died so often). I plan to 5L/6L my Lioneye's Glare and try again with SRS as AW isn't of any help.
Thanks for you tips. I will try to get an Animation flask.
Figured that with the Lightning Golem out :D but think I will switch to stone to get the survivability as you mentioned.
I already took Invoker as 3rd and am not sure yet when I will be brave enough for the last lab :D

With all the infos i got here so far, I am able to clear at least the first maps and if i was lucky enough to get some weapons before the boss chamber I can kill them as well.

One problem I still have is, that I have relatively low HP. Currently I have 4.026 HP and 564ES.
I think I should definitely try to get over 5k hp...
I am not so sure yet where I will get more HP since my non unique items have quite good rolls on hp... Maybe I should buy some rare boots with loads of hp instead of the garukhans next

edit: rip :D
Last edited by gkkiscus on Mar 19, 2018, 2:37:50 PM
"
gkkiscus wrote:
Thanks for you tips. I will try to get an Animation flask.
Figured that with the Lightning Golem out :D but think I will switch to stone to get the survivability as you mentioned.
I already took Invoker as 3rd and am not sure yet when I will be brave enough for the last lab :D

With all the infos i got here so far, I am able to clear at least the first maps and if i was lucky enough to get some weapons before the boss chamber I can kill them as well.

One problem I still have is, that I have relatively low HP. Currently I have 4.026 HP and 564ES.
I think I should definitely try to get over 5k hp...
I am not so sure yet where I will get more HP since my non unique items have quite good rolls on hp... Maybe I should buy some rare boots with loads of hp instead of the garukhans next

edit: rip :D

Sorry to hear you RIP'd. You definitely would want more HPs. What did your tree look like? I currently have just under 5.4K hps and 528 ES at level 90.

I recently picked up this quiver:

It allows me to drop my Pierce Support + Summon Phantasm on Kill gems in favor of Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark. I'm still testing that combination, but the leech seems to greatly improve minion survivability and the endurance charges help my own. I'm considering swapping from Bone Offering to Flesh Offering.

Here's my current PoB: https://pastebin.com/m3rkfQvQ
I recorded my first T14 (Palace) run, unidentified and corrupted.

Witch L90 Null's Inclination - T14 Palace

The build seems extremely safe and capable of doing any map content. However, I still struggle with any boss content that begins immediately in a new zone (e.g., Elder; Elder Guardians; Izaro). I'm considering swapping the 4L Summon Raging Spirits with a 4L Raise Zombie to help with that. Possibly dropping Mistress of Sacrifice for Flesh Binder.
Hello I was just wondering how you would run haste and vaal haste with the new vaal changes in victario influence. For instance, would you have a vaal haste in the chest piece just for vaal activation and a normal haste outside now?
"
Albiwal wrote:
Hello I was just wondering how you would run haste and vaal haste with the new vaal changes in victario influence. For instance, would you have a vaal haste in the chest piece just for vaal activation and a normal haste outside now?

I think both would be the best way, one in the chest and one somewhere else.
The Vaal Haste in the chest to activate for bosses and the other Vaal Haste while mapping to get it's effect.
Or just one outside of the chest if you dont wanna use two gem sockets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info