[3.3] Low Budget - Animate Weapon Bowmancer

"
Velkhar wrote:
"
Swap the helm out with Mark of the Red Covenant?

So the core of this build (Null's Inclination; Speaker's Wreath) should work with any minion gem. Its strength is the ability to auto-cast the minion spell extremely fast. This means its well suited for minions whose maximum number is high, e.g., Animate Weapon at 50. It's also pretty great for Offerings, especially coupled with Necromancer's Mistress of Sacrifice notable.

There are two issues with swapping Speaker's Wreath with Mark of the Red Covenant.

The first is that Speaker's Wreath is a core component to the build; it is how you are able to get killing blows instead of your minions. Null's Inclination won't do anything if you don't get the kills. You might be able to get kills before your minions using Culling Strike, but I've not tested that.

The second issue, and no less troublesome, is that Mark of the Red Covenant reduces the maximum number of SRS minions by 75%. This means you can only have 5 out; there's no advantage (in fact, it's a detriment) in casting SRS over and over, which is sure to happen with this build. Moreover, the purpose of the build is for you, the player, to score kills, not your minions. Mark of the Red Covenant prolongs the life of your 5 SRS when they get kills. These two things (you getting kills; SRS getting kills) are competing with each other.

I think you could do this build (Null's Inclination; Speaker's Wreath) with SRS, but you'd be resummoning a lot of SRS and SRS have a rather long activation period (i.e., they sit where they're summoned for like a second before they do anything). I wouldn't recommend it. As far as I'm aware, the only minion that you want to cast as often as possible is Animate Weapon. If there's another, it'd definitely be perfect for the two core items.

REALLY REALLY appreciate you taking the time to answer my question! Have you tried to create another build using Null's Inclination? The idea of a Necromancer using a bow really intrigues me.
Last edited by codesmalonzo on Mar 8, 2018, 12:24:17 PM
"
Have you tried to create another build using Null's Inclination?

I have not, but I have seen videos of Summon Skeleton + Dark Pact. That tree would be very different than the ones in this thread. Equipment would certainly include the two core items (Null's Inclination; Speaker's Wreath), but the rest might vary greatly. I haven't put a lot of thought into it; this league I wanted to do something with Animate Weapon.

Maybe if I get bored with AW, I'll create a new character for Dark Pact + Summon Skeleton. I'm not sure Necromancer is even the best option. The purpose of DP + SS would be to sacrifice the skeletons immediate, so +Minion Damage/Speed/Duration etc is useless. You'd want +Chaos Damage, +AoE Damage, +AoE Radius, etc. Now that I think about it more, I'm definitely doing this for my 2nd character.

I'll have to run a guide down -- surely one's out there if the videos are out there. My gut tells me you want to go Deadeye so you can get that first kill with a bow skill. You'd want a different 6L chest for that bow skill and that bow skill probably should be Barrage for bosses. You'd probably use Writhing Jar, too. Perhaps Blink Arrow into the middle of pack, Writhing Jar, Barrage to get the first kill and blow it all up.
Last edited by Velkhar on Mar 8, 2018, 1:23:36 PM
"
Velkhar wrote:
"
Have you tried to create another build using Null's Inclination?

I have not, but I have seen videos of Summon Skeleton + Dark Pact. That tree would be very different than the ones in this thread. Equipment would certainly include the two core items (Null's Inclination; Speaker's Wreath), but the rest might vary greatly. I haven't put a lot of thought into it; this league I wanted to do something with Animate Weapon.

Maybe if I get bored with AW, I'll create a new character for Dark Pact + Summon Skeleton. I'm not sure Necromancer is even the best option. The purpose of DP + SS would be to sacrifice the skeletons immediate, so +Minion Damage/Speed/Duration etc is useless. You'd want +Chaos Damage, +AoE Damage, +AoE Radius, etc. Now that I think about it more, I'm definitely doing this for my 2nd character.

Ayyyy! Making a new build on the spot! GL to you mate. What build were you playing for this league?
"
What build were you playing for this league?

This is my build. I'm up to T5 maps now. A bit up the thread I've got a video of me clearing a T4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVk_NkDIOME) and a PoB pastebin of my character when I did it. Tonight or tomorrow I'll post another doing a T6 or T7, depending where I'm at.
Last edited by Velkhar on Mar 8, 2018, 1:25:31 PM
Here's a T6 (Fields) video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8XQwN0vXiw

Another video of T6 (Wharf, Shaper Influenced): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6DhvOgD7Nw

I made some changes to gems in the Wharf run. Dumped Melee Splash, added Summon Phantasm and also using 1 Spirit Guards. Starting the map was much smoother with this setup. Planning to add a 2nd Spirit Guards, as well, since quantity of white weapon drops is starting to increase.
Last edited by Augurer on Mar 9, 2018, 9:48:42 AM
Curious why you recommend...

Abyss jewels are also a really good option. Flat added fire/lightning damage, increased attack speed or even taunt on hit are mods you should look for.

... when running EE to buff Anger and Wrath?

Edit: I think I understand now. Flat damage for minions, not yourself.
Last edited by greginno on Mar 13, 2018, 11:29:59 PM
Yea, the wording was dumb, thanks for pointing it out.
Just hit my first significant challenge with this build: doing Elder guardians. With Izaro, there's a little bit of time to drop some weapons on the ground, and Izaro's area almost always includes some adds to kill to animate those weapons. This is not the case with the Elder guardians. I was able to defeat the first one with SRS, but I'm not sure how much further I can go without a different setup in my weapon swap.

Maybe Lion's Eye Glare with a 6L SRS and use Mirror/Blink Arrow on CD? It is rather annoying that these bosses are in new instances -- it really destroys this type of build.
Thans for the guide.
I am trying this build in the current hardcore leage.

Since now, I played SRS + zombies and switched to AW yesterday.
But sadly I am having some problems. I am not really able to clear the "desecratec chambers" in act10...
The problem was, and still is, that my weapons die way too fast.
So I tried the build in act5 where I could see, that the weapons do live long enough and only die so fast in the higher levels because they get too much damage...

Another problem for me is with the auras. I am currently able to run 3 of them but then have only a few % mana left. As soon as I use anger, the minions are able to kill the monsters due to the added fire damage from anger. So I am not really sure what to do there...

Overall, I am not really able to play this build yet and would appreciate some guidance into the right direction. I am sure, that I am doing something wrong here :D
Will try to complete the 3rd lab today (with srs+zombies).

Currently I have 7 skill points free to place but am not really sure where they would fit best to mitigate the problems I am currently facing with this build.

Here is a link to my char, if someone has time :) https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/gkkiscus/characters

Thanks in advance for any tips of how to improve what I am currently doing wrong.
regards

edit: planing to buy the garukhan boots instead of the zombie ones
Last edited by gkkiscus on Mar 17, 2018, 9:10:35 AM
Hey, nice to see people try this in HC, good luck.

Here are some things you can do to increase their damage and survivability:

-Take the Minion Life Regen and Minion Leech nodes on the passive tree
-Get a higher level AW, this adds both damage and life. Level 19 or 20/21 if you can afford it
-Try to fit Elemental Equilibrium into your build, huge damage increase (but you need to get rid of the added fire/lightning damage on your gear for that)
-Get "Invoker" from the third lab, but you know this already
-Recolor your bow, so you can add a flesh Offering into it

Your damage comes almost entirely from the auras and from Elemental Equilibrium, so if you have passive points to spend, you should get the aura nodes to increase your damage.
If you can get rid of the added fire and lightning damage on your gear to use Elemental Equilibrium, then you need to either use Ice Shot or you need added cold damage on your gear.

I hope this was helpful, tell me if these things fixed your problems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info